Official Koreans Abroad Thread Part X [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by 12th Warrior, Aug 23, 2013.

1. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  2. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  3. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    With other two still out LSW (FCSP edition) on bench for first team in friendly.

4. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    can posters please make a habit of spelling out the name of the players especially lesser known ones

5. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lee Seung Won.

batumchange2 repped this.
  6. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Man, at happens next year when Peralada get relegated. Lost 0-1 with PSH playing 80ish

seolseol repped this.
  7. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  8. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016

That dribbling in the beginning.. 실화냐?

datschge, aeh1991, Seol Korea and 4 others repped this.
  9. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg

Starts

10. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Anther day, losing again badly. PSH looks like he'll play 90 tho

11. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    Looks like everyone playing in Europe other than Austrian and maybe Ligue one will be backups/not playing much.

12. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah a sad week for the koreans abroad

Kanuck repped this.
  13. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    seolseol and killaorca repped this.
  14. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    KYG played through in a 5-1 win over Shanghai and apparently showed a great performance against the likes of Hulk and Oscar (didn't watch the game, but people say that). However, Guangzhou lost in penalty shoot out.

jessypjs and nmssis repped this.
  15. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    always doing well when it matters least

TaegukRedDevil repped this.
  16. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg

Meanwhile, Jung Sung Ryong didn't have a good game against Urawa. :whistling:

Hodori repped this.
  17. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Watching JSR bumble about is like watching a high school production of Frozen.

Seriously, he gets paid to act like he just got shot by Mr. Freeze? He's a frozen statute in goals 1, 3 and 4. But the worst is goal 2 that he led in around the 1'11 minute mark of the video. Fcktard can't judge the path of the ball and incorrectly comes out for the corner kick cross. But instead of fully committing and pushing his big frame into the bodies in the box, he hesitates and starts backtracking and gets caught in the worst position possible on a corner kick for a GK.

But but but but... JSR is really good in the J-League says our resident JSR lover... WTF? Seriously? LOLOLOL....

18. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #3318 takeuchi, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    This is Kim SG in comparison in J League. Jung SR isn't a good GK (was never my argument for him) but the others, I will argue are worse. In head to head matchup, I believe Jung SR is undefeated vs Kim SG... nor can I remember one game where he performed better.

As for Kwon ST, I won't bother to link his games since he was a rotational player at the start of the season (mostly for ACL.. of which, he wasn't good) & now.. is just a backup to 38yr old Sogahata. He returned recently to play in Cup game & was just.. :rolleyes:

edit - might as well update how other Koreans are doing in general in J League.. like this guy. Jung SH.. #15
    Sagan Tosu leaking goals for fun, especially on the side of Jung SH.. One player who was consistently good (but often hated by KNT fans) was Kim MW.. who is now at Suwon. There aren't much to look at in J League except Oh JS, Korean GKs (mostly Jung SR & Gu SY imo), Kim MH and Kimbo.

19. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    How do you arrive at your conclusion based on the videos that you've embedded?

KSG is a poor GK, but he's still more mobile and better than JSR based on the videos that you've just embedded. KSG at least tries to cut the angle where his defenders have failed him. Btw, that's some atrocious defending in front of KSG in those highlights. Moreover, where the free kick goes in, the wall did not do its job. There are two really bad goals KSG let in. However, they are in no way worse than what JSR typically lets in.

Just look at the goals JSR lets in against Urawa. One goal is 100% his fault. On the other three goals, JSR doesn't even move or try to cut down the angle. He's literally frozen. That's an international GK with WC experience?

Contrast that with KSG, who has poor judgment, but better movement and shot blocking abilities. At least he's trying to do something when the defence breaks down in front of him.

20. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    My conclusion is based on 2 season worth of watching full games. Also, this isn't just my opinion but of opinion of many others (journalists) in J League as well. I mean, they are all top rated GKs by J League/Asian standard.. however, Kim SG, often times.. due to his poor positioning.. makes simple saves he should make but makes it look like he is making spectacular saves. Kim SG also has his moments of where he just "freezes" & as I have often mentioned.. the guy literally doesn't come out of his line (at least Jung SR tries.. even if he is very indecisive). There are many other flaws from Kim SG that makes Jung SR a slightly better option for 2018 WC.

As for poor defenders in front of Kim SG, it isn't any better in front of Jung SR but Jung SR improved the overall defense compared to Kim SG in J League. Kawasaki were on 10 game unbeaten streak & are contending for multiple titles and etc unlike Vissel Kobe.

edit - personal opinion.. if Korea were to throw 2018 WC for future, I prefer to see Gu SY of Consodole Sapporo & Kim DJ of Seongnam (don't have a clue how he is doing in Challenge tbh) to play in 2018 WC for experience. I don't have much faith in current crop of GKs for Korea.

21. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Kim Dong Jun is said to be in form atm (I haven't seen any game tho). He should definitely go to a better club (Jeonbuk?)

22. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Granted, this is comparing whether the crappy car from skoda is better than the one from fiat. That being said, KSG's horrible positioning > JSR's non-existent movement when it comes to the KNT. Why? B/c our defenders make so many mistakes that I prefer a GK that cuts the angles than the one that stays put and watches the ball buzz past him. And on set pieces, KSG is still better than JSR, which marginally helps the KNT.

Anyway, we need another GK, so the debate is mostly moot once another GK is identified.

23. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Disagree on Kim SG being better on set piece.. that includes incoming crosses (low & high). He often misses completely (you saw it from recent WCQ as well) or just as indecisive. His biggest weakness is dealing w/ low crosses whipped in & distributing/kicking the ball out from the back. It is infuriating to watch Kim SG literally giving the ball back to the opposition so often in every game. Makes the defenders lives even more miserable..

edit - btw, i agree Jung SR isn't very mobile but he makes up for it by organizing the defense in front of him better compared to Kim SG.

24. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Another Korean makes debut for Korean owned Tubize. CB it seems

nmssis repped this.
  25. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010