Official Koreans Abroad Thread Part X [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by 12th Warrior, Aug 23, 2013.

1. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    A bit off topic but I don't think the transfer window probably isn't super important for PJH. I suspect PJH will negotiate a contract cancellation (get paid > 0 and < full season salary) and will be free agent.

2. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    That's an idea I havent thought of. Would be a decent solution. He can then go back to Switzerland where his wife is from, or to a 2.Bundesliga club. I doubt he'd come to Asia given his wife has born his second child recently.

3. skim172

skim172 Member+

Feb 20, 2013
    #3278 skim172, Aug 30, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    According to this article. But that article also says there were offers from Yokohama, Dijon in Ligue 1, St. Truden in Belgium, Dinamo Zagreb, Borussia Dortmund, and friggin Manchester United. So.... maybe not entirely reliable.

I legitimately think that the LA Galaxy rumor may have originated with mistranslations of Google results about a different Lee Seung Woo who is a tech analyst, talking about the Samsung Galaxy.

4. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #3279 skimmilk, Aug 30, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    seolseol repped this.
  5. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I am sure Park is welcome at Basel. He had some good times over there. Actually, he was so good in some CL games that I thought he was the next big thing.

nmssis repped this.
  6. skim172

skim172 Member+

Feb 20, 2013
    No shirt before he gets his medical done.

They probably give him a gown of some sort.

7. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    He needs to go in and own the ground. A bit of thugness might be necessary

8. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Kinda surprised by a bit of stage fright for LSW lol. I don't think he anticipated so many cameras and at least two fan sites livestreaming.

9. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  10. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    If LSW would have made it big at Barca he would have been such a great face of Korean football. No homo, but he's good looking and has the cutesy appeal that could have done wonders for the Korean brand worldwide.

Kinda like how people think of Ronaldinho when they think of Brazilian football or the beautiful game(joga bonito). It would be a good thing if people thought of LSW with Korea, but alas.

11. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    In France, we called "footix" a person who worships a player, a team, without knowing anything about football overall, just because this team, this player are the trend, get media exposure. For instance, Neymar's case atm in PSG, thousands of sheeps are buying that PSG shirt at a prohibitive price.

Yeah, indeed, LSW would have been that kind of idol, is that a bad thing he won't be part of that? not sure... but he still can get world and commercial recognition even after having left FCB.

seolseol repped this.
  12. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    And we still/also have LKI ;)

jessypjs repped this.
  13. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    well barcelona has a buy back option so let's wait and see.

14. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Even without returning to FCB, he can become kind of "Korean neymar", that's what I said in my previous post.
    But basically, you're right to say "wait and see", that's the only thing to do. I hate speculating over the future.

killaorca and aeh1991 repped this.
  15. skim172

skim172 Member+

Feb 20, 2013
    Not knowing much about Italian football - do they have restrictions for non-EU players, like non-EU quotas or work permit requirements, etc? And will those pose a problem for LSW?

16. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    They do have a quota system that's more complex than others. Which is why most Koreans to Serie A rumors are make believe. But Hellas Verona are under the max I guess.

killaorca repped this.
  17. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    I don't think LSW will go straight into the 1st team..he hasn't even played a game at B level. I think it will be at least a couple months minimum before we actually see him PLAYING minutes for the first team in Serie A.

18. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    where does the most expensive signing of the summer w/ 1st team contract, who has debuted w/ Barca B... go instead? :whistling:

19. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    verona didnt pay lee seungwoos transfer fee so he they can sit him on their b team

nmssis repped this.
  20. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Lol, I would add he will turn 20 next year, maybe it is time to get his first professional game, no? Are we going to wait for him to be 25 years old for that ? He has been considered as the next messi so what are we waiting for ? Players from his generation like Asensio, Mbappe are yet best european players despite their young ages. Beyond these guys, asian players with the same age have yet played and scored for their team (Lee Jin Hyun, Han Kwang Song). .

21. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    He'll surely debut early. If he's going to become a regular is another question.

jessypjs repped this.
  22. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    SHM was scoring screamers against BVB at his age.

seolseol and jessypjs repped this.
  23. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    This depends on his talent and his determination rather than on his age (even if most of the time, coachs are cautious with young players and give them progressively playing time).

24. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    He'll have to face Verde who's 1 year older than him (they're even similar in height) unless the coach plans him as a CF instead of LA.

jessypjs repped this.
  25. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Interest in Bony seems to indicate that LSW as CF is unlikely.

That said Cerci is hurt so maybe earlier debut than intended.