Official Koreans Abroad Thread Part VII [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by yimmy, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    The money sure helps but I wonder how long someone can last out there. It's so foreign from the US, Korea, or Japan. Doesn't sound like you can get a drink either.

2. news

news Member

Jan 24, 2008
    It's not bad for the rich foreigners. And he can get a drink whenever he wants except for maybe during Ramadan.

3. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    First goal for Park Sung-Ho with Vegalta Sendai :

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCUcIS8e_XY&feature=sub&videos=-L6PR_aFufo"]YouTube- 2010?J1??14????vs???J??????[/ame]

(starting at '25)

4. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  5. Puckodum

Puckodum Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Jong scored a penalty in his debut for Bochum in a friendly against Duisburg, ended 1-1

6. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  7. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Eh, he's still going - 2 years for the Qatari club then Malaga. The deal's still being negotiated.

Sounds a bit dodgy, though - even if he does end up in Malaga, you have to wonder how high the club will regard a player who only came at the behest of its sponsor.

8. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I see. This is a pretty bad move. I was thinking he would play in Jeju for 2 years then move.

9. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Is Cho going NOW or 2012?

10. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Wouldn't it make more sense for him to go to Malaga first and then Qatar? La Liga > Qatar league and I would assume a two years younger Cho would be a little better than a two years older Cho?

11. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    According to the article the owner of the Qatari club is a sponsor of Malaga - so he's tempting Jo to come and play for his club for 2 years, with the carrot being a move to the Spanish side after his Qatar stint. It's all too dodgy, and I'm not sure if Jo has even fulfilled his military obligations yet.

12. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He has not. The manager of Jeju is against this move (not only for his club, but for Cho as well whom he is close to) but Cho is apparently keen on this move. I'm not sure but I don't think its a written contract as well so its not a guarantee that he will go to the Spanish side.

13. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    cho isnt going to the military. he has a problem with his bone or something i read it on naver or nate a couple of weeks back

14. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Don't know where to post it but Jong Tese keeps scoring for Bochum.

15. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  16. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Oita Trinita, the most Korean team of the J.League (DF.Jang Kyung Jin, MF.Kim Bo Kyung, MF.Kang Song Ho, FW.Choi Jung Hang), managed by Hwang Bo Kwan, got beat up by JEF United Chiba 5-0, a strong contender for a J1 spot.
    Oita is falling unfortunately. The pair Kim Bo Kyung/Daiki Takamatsu was really promising before the season but Takamatsu injured himself and when he came back, Kim was at the World Cup. His mind is still in South Africa though ...

Sagan Tosu with his 3 Korean, DF.Yeo Sung Hye, MF.Park Jung Soo and MF.Kim Min Woon, managed a draw at Ehime 1-1. Kim Min Woo really is a promising player (wearing the n°10 jersey). Very fast, good technique, powerful crosses and shoots, I think he has a bright future.

Kashiwa Reysol, the leader, drew against Tokushima Vortis 1-1. DF. Park Dong Hyuk scored for Kashiwa. DF.Baek Seung Jin was playing for Tokushima.

17. Angel Bear

Angel Bear Member

May 19, 2010
    Oakland, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Thanks, Saku². I've always been very appreciative of your contributions and thorough updates. It's disappointing to hear about Kim Bo-Kyung's loss of form.

18. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  19. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Oh yes please! 아, 그래요 제발! oh, sí por favor! हाँ, कृपया, ओह! oh oui s'il vous plaît! oh ja, bitte! أوه نعم من فضلك! oh sì per favore! אה, כן בבקשה! ああそうしてください! 噢,是的,请! oh ja tack!

20. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  21. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I hope one of those is in Dutch cause that and Korean are the ones that count the most in this case.

On more serious note, I'm with you guys. I would love to see another Korean at PSV. Always had a soft spot for them since the Hiddink, PJS, LYP days, and also when my boy Beasley was there too.

22. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    let's continue this discussion here