Official Koreans Abroad Thread Part VII [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by yimmy, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Horangi

Horangi Member

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    TR de Coatzacoalcos
    You just proved my point.

2. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    WIll someone make a Jong Tae Se at Bochum thread? or is he not considered as a Korean player playing abroad?

3. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Why don't you.

4. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
  5. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    been saying that all along.... there's no true passion for club level soccer in korea... and that's the key factor... without the proper support for the domestic league, then korea will never be a true soccer nation.

6. hihi

hihi Red Card

Mar 17, 2006
    Internet
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    You don't need to be a true soccer nation to be good at it.

7. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    exactly. it definitely helps but is not necessary to be good. all you need is a good league structure which we have(best in asia) and a half decent football association.

8. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I agree with not having to be a "true" soccer nation to be a international force, but I think the point is there is a bit of lacking in fan support at the K League level. Fans are a good chunk of the funding to continue to grow and develop the league. I don't follow K League since I'm across the pond, but I would imagine the situation is similar to that of MLS.

9. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    this.

10. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    its true that it doesnt have the fanbase of leagues in europe or in j league but that being said it continues to grow. and as far as talent goes that also continues to increase. sure fans in the seats insures finacial stability of the league but i dont think its at all necessary to be a "power" per say. it will take time for most koreans to support their local club like their baseball team. most koreans dont care about soccer unless its the world cup or a KNT.

11. Carpe Diem

Carpe Diem Member

May 24, 2010
    nyc
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I can see where you guys are coming from but I think that the most fundamental problem for Korea's progression as a world class football nation is the fact that we don't have a "football culture". You guys say that K-league support/success is more important than having a football culture, but I tend to think differently. I think they are equally important, maybe even having the cultural aspect slightly ahead of the league/developmental aspect.

K-league success is both directly and indirectly related to being a "true footballing nation". IMO the K-league not being as good it can be is because of our lack of passion in the sport apart from the KNT/WC years.

We can have the greatest development system in the world but if not enough youths are being fed through it, it will not be effective.
    On the other hand we can also be the most football crazed nation on earth, but if our league and development system lack the fundamentals, it will also be ineffective.

The reason why the South Americans have been a major force in football is not because of their leagues. It's because they live,breath, and die for the beautiful game. England, Spain and Netherland have three of the greatest leagues /youth developemnt programs in the world and yet they only have two cups. While Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay have leagues/ youth development programs that are far below that of their European counterparts, yet they have 9 titles between them.

What I'm concluding is that unless we change the very fundamentals of our country's sports culture, we will have a hard time consistently being successfull at the global level.
    We might see periodic success and produce decent - very good quality players once in awhile, but it will be very hard to accomplish this on a consistent basis.
    Just my two cents on the subject.

12. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Lee Jong-soo last match :

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KwM3txbv5A&feature=PlayList&p=A11C99327EFB020D&playnext_from=PL&index=3"]YouTube- Motoyama (?) 2010 J1#13 ?? vs ??F?????????????????[/ame]

Got caught on Kawasaki's goal,the action is startin at 1'15. But he redeemed himself by scoring a good header (3'55).
    This may be his last match with Kashima since, apparently, he's on his way to Al Saad. Not a big loss for the club, they got two other excellent center-back, but Japan got used to him. Good luck if he really leaves !

13. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LJS is going to Al Saad? I havent read any news on this from the Korean media. Isn't this something concrete or a rumor?

14. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    It's a rumour, still I wouldn't post if it was not close to be done

15. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I thought there were rumors about him and roma.

16. news

news Member

Jan 24, 2008
    It wasn't really a rumor.

17. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  18. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm sure the money is good... but I don't like these moves to the Middle East. I don't get to see them in matches or get jerseys.

19. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It's an understandable decision. He's in his 30s now and after a nice showing at the World Cup, this is really his last chance to cash in.

20. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
  21. Carpe Diem

Carpe Diem Member

May 24, 2010
    nyc
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  22. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I dont like it but its understandable. HOwever, he seems to be underestimating the remaining length of his football career. I would not have been surprised to have seen him back in 2014, but now he's going to Qatar.

23. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Yes, but he'll be 34 when Brazil comes, his time to cash in is now while the WC is fresh.
    He probably won't get the same money if he waits another year.

24. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Lee Jung-Soo's annual salary at Al Sadd will be $1.8 million with zero taxes. That's a massive amount for a defender! (It's equivalent to about $3.6 million in EPL)

25. Horangi

Horangi Member

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    TR de Coatzacoalcos
    He'll be there with other foreign merc's and as long as he is playing it's a lateral move and I don't mind much.