Official Kit/Logo/Shield/Crest thread Part 1

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by alexp92, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osgood1978

Osgood1978 Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Amelia Island, Florida
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: FL name, crest, and uniform ideas thread

How could you hate how the MLS names there teams when they take a portion of what they are called from teams that are already named them. How many teams have an FC or AC in front of them? How many are called united? If you mean the nicknames like the earthquakes or fire yeah I understand that. But I'm a huge Man United fan and if you were not a fan you would not know that they are the Manchestr United Red Devils. So European teams have nicknames also they are not known so much.

2. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The team will be called..........

Deportivo Miami:D or FC Miami:cool:

3. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Okay this will be my last uniform set until there is an announcement one way or the other if Miami is in, and if in what the name will be. In this case, FC Miami, what I hope the team will be called if is awarded. The crest is Barça's only with the Florida flag, FCM, and a slightly tweaked ball.

[​IMG]

The first is an interpretation of the current Barça primary, and with the unique two tone look, this would be the one they would probably use 90% of the time. The second is the bright yellow second shirt Barça has, only minus the vertical stripes, more of a MLS standard design for this one. The third is the a white version, just to see what a Barça team would look like in white. I think this one would give the Miami team it's own identity(at least a little bit). They could wear it on hot days like the Dolphins do to force the visitor to wear dark(although that tactic hasn't exactly produced results for the Fins :( lol).

4. Osgood1978

Osgood1978 Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Amelia Island, Florida
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Looks good to me, send it in when they ask for names and stuff. Good job

5. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah really nice work, im liking the uniforms, they would go good with the name Barca Juniors.. I dont see this team in anyway having a completely different name and colors from the parent team. Does anybody think that the MLS would give them a shot at letting the Miami MLS team (if awarded a team) to play 2010?? Imagine Henry coming to play for us and having some secondary players from the team, I think this team would be like the A.C Milan of Italy, or the Boca Juniors of Argentina, or Barcelona of Spain, so they would be the Barca Juniors of USA.. We'll be a power house! no stopping us, we'd be to good!! Damn can't wait for the announcement to come out hopefully they give us a chance!! i'll be a die hard fan from day one :D

Dale dale dale dale dale dale Barca! dale dale dale dale dale dale Barca juniors!! jaja :confused: On second thought i want Miami to have thier own identity..

6. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Top Names for Miami MLS

Atletico Miami

Deportivo Miami

7. dooby10

dooby10 New Member

Oct 26, 2004

My idea is the same design as the Barcelona shirt but with the city of Miami colors.

[​IMG]

8. Osgood1978

Osgood1978 Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Amelia Island, Florida
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

FC MIAMI

9. futbolitico87

futbolitico87 Member

May 11, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

:) I say which ever those fit can fit I mean Philly is naming there team problably Athletic Philadelphia. So I mean which ever names comes it must fit the profile.

10. Cohnny

Cohnny New Member

Oct 22, 2008

I have to agree with futbolitico87 on the American style of naming teams. I don't necessarily like it, but it does work, for the most part, in the States.
    Few of the teams in Europe created their own nicknames, many of them were derived from fans or off the cuff comments that got popular (The Red Devils for ManU is an example of this).
    Americans seem to want something they can grab onto and hold, with people moving in and out of areas it's hard to identify with a particular city or area for extended periods of time. Miami is probably the opposite though, the soccer fans there probably identify more with the region than any nickname.

11. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I like both styles of names. The US style nicknames are great, provided they are a good. Clash, Mutiny, Wiz(even Wizards), MetroStars and Burn are all great examples of American nicknames gone wrong. That's why all of those teams changed their names(except the Mutiny:(). The Galaxy, Crew, Sounders, Earthquakes, I think they all have good names. I think the Fusion was a good name as well.

12. Cohnny

Cohnny New Member

Oct 22, 2008

I don't disagree, it is truely American to give an athletic team an official nickname. It's a delicate balance of what will sell to fans in the US and what will give credibility on the world stage.

13. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007

may not be a great name, but it's a lot better than a company.:(
    i like a nice mix of us names and the classic too. not really a huge fan of the galaxy, crew, or wizards, but i can live with them. i think the revolution, fire, dynamo, and sounders are great.:)

14. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah Red Bull isn't exactly better lol. I also think the mix is good, especially when some of the nicknames have historical significance(Sounders, Rowdies, Timbers, Earthquakes etc.)

15. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This was posted in another blog (www.MiamiFCB.com is now up). I dont know if this is true but if it is, i would be damn happy, because that means we may have our own identity and colors!!

16. Riben

Riben Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Miami

Can we Say Werder Bremen Candy Colors( Thats like adding the dolphins and hurricanes colors together)

http://mac.softpedia.com/screenshots/28-18-115_1.png

17. Miami_Soccer

Miami_Soccer New Member

Feb 27, 2008
    Miami FL

The color conflit is real. unless there is some type of agreement btwen nike and adidas, our team is not going to use thea zulgrana colors.

Another bit of good news is that the field will not have the "Football lines" when our soccer team is palying, this was included in the contract with FIU.

18. TheBaRoN

TheBaRoN Member

Jan 23, 2006
    London, England

I'd go for Fusion, you should keep the american style names its what makes the league its own you know.

if its true about not being allowed to use Barca's colours then i'd go for Navy jerseys and yellow/white for away, so its basically Galaxy's colours reversed if you get what i mean.

19. viscajunior

viscajunior Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Home:

Navy jersey
    White shorts
    Navy socks

Away:

Yellow jersey
    Black shorts
    Yellow socks

20. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I love the combo of blue/yellow on any team that wears it(Boca, América, the Fusion, etc.). I think if they do go with non-Barça colors blue/yellow would be a nice nod to the Fusion. They would just have to make the exact shades of those colors and the kit designs different from the Galaxy. I think the brighter colors of the Fusion would be best, as opposed to the dark navy LA uses.

22. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay

Please no. I HATE Boca. And that would take away the River fans. And there's a lot of River Plate fans here

23. Riben

Riben Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Miami
  24. Riben

Riben Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Miami

The reason i Keept saying bremen like colors is because Its south Florida and that south florida Heat don't play.. if we play with bremen like colors they will be light and not attract sun like dark colors would and the players will stay cool for the whole game

25. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay

I dont want aqua colors, or white colors, those dont intimidate anybody. We need maybe a dark blue, or something like that. Games are at night I believe, so heat isnt as big of a factor. The Bremen uniforms work.