Official J2 2014 Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by Radu Razvan, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    #426 Lupin III, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
    Hate to say it but probably best for future Nagano, starting to play in the new ground at J3 level.

and woohoo old Kijima scored the winner for Sanuki.

2. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    s..t Yamagata on its way to J1.

3. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Yamagata to J1 and JEF did it again!

4. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yamagata's up! Their miracle-season continues!

5. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    It has been a sneaking miracle season for them, even their fans didnt realise that it was a miracle season before it was too late, theyve had the worst average attendance for over a decade.

6. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Will be Yamagata the next Consadole, Oita or Vortis?

7. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Probably. Unless they win the EC..

8. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    They will be 100% definately, they dont have the team to stay up, barely the team to promote. However its a chance to Yamagata even they go down again to win some of their attendances back they have been losing for some time. Its not good for any club to stay too long in same division, since fans get bored. Always better to promote or relegate for attendances.

9. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    2nd time in 3 years that the 6th placed team gets promotion. Clearly shows that J2-teams doesnt handle well being the favorite and/or playing for draw.

The rule that a draw will take the home-team through seems more like a disadvantage than anything else, as in 6 out of 8 games the away-team ended up the winner. And the last 2 games ended 0-0 and 1-1, so actually a home-team is yet to win a game in "normal" mode so far. And because the home-teams obviously play for the draw, the matches have in most cases been extremely boring as well except for in the last 10 minutes of the games, so perhaps this format should be scrapped altogether, or atleast revised?

10. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    No, it's still an advantage. Up to the teams to handle it better than they've done so far.

11. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Of course it is on paper, and in every other league than J.League 2 it would most likely have ended with the home-team progressing in the majority of the matches. But J2 isnt like other leagues, and the numbers don't lie.

How else would u explain that the bookmakers made Montedio a relatively clear FAVORITE to win this game? They know it, and everyone else who work with the league know it as well. 3 years ago, in a similar match, between the 3nd and 6th placed team in a playoff where draw is enough for the one of the sides, they would have made the "home-side" an extremely big favorite.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  12. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Well the same in J1 being favourite is not handled well, Marinos last Year, Urawa this........ :whistling:

artml and nipponbasse83 repped this.
  13. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Honestly I'm not too much into betting. Montedio scored an offside goal and ended up defending it, they're good at that. The same logic exists in japanese baseball where the winner of the regular series gets huge advantages during the playoffs and almost everytime, it profits them. The system will be fixed by itself, if it needs any fixing since I'm quite pleased by the result.

14. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Might give it a couple of more years, but dont really agree with it working well. Cause the matches have been in many cases almost unwatchable for the first 75 minutes, and nobody really wants that.

15. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    I do agree here should be more the english play-off model.

16. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think the playoffs rules are good, better than in other countries, the draw is a great advantage.
    That said, playoffs are still an embarassing way to set up promotion so, yeah, next Vortis I guess.

17. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I don't think it's that bad given how close JEF, Jubilo and Montedio were to each other level wise. Might as well make it exciting.

18. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    A rule doesn't care about the clubs being similar to each other though even if we want to assume that they were... if they weren't, it would still be there.

Also, I think it was a couple of years ago when Bellmare came up they had just one point over Sanga, which instead had to play the playoffs (and Oita won).
    It just creates an unfair situation :/

19. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Thing, it's really rare when there is a huge gap between third and fourth. In a league as competitive as the J2, the rule works quite well.
    Might has been harsh on Sanga but they were obliterated at home by Oita so ... Not really the showing of a winner.

20. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    what makes you think the same couldn't have happened if Shonan had to be involved in the playoffs too that year though?
    It's just one between, as you said, overall similar teams, so anything can happen. You can have injured players, a bad day or whatever despite the rules being a good start in my opinion.
    I get it that a few points don't seem to indicate a difference but, I mean, it's the same little points that can decide a title winner, a champions league qualification, and so on.
    Considering what happened with Oita and Vortis I certainly hope Montedio has something better cooked up lol

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  21. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    My guts.
    They're rarely wrong (until Majster comes digging for a 5 years old post).

22. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I myself agree

I understand how a team which was third maybe deserves it more...

However I perfectly understand the 3,4,5,6th has a chance to qualify system which keeps it more interesting and offers additional games and drama at the closure system. And thus I support it. In the end it does come down to attendances and $ which keeps the entire thing going and I am speaking this as someone who wanted to see JEF in J1