Official I Hate Cincinnati FC Thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by jack sticker, Jan 3, 2019.

1. speedye1

speedye1 Member+

Dec 31, 2002
    Look at all the merch at the Dick's in the nati. Our Easton store had like 2-3 shirts. Hoping we do better on that front in the coming years.

2. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lemme just add that Cincinnati is so isolated, so ignorant and so full oftheir own wonderfulness in USL that they are working overtime at putting together a really stupid team.

First, they're making the classic USL-promotion blunder; they're convinced that the guys on that team aren't really just shit second raters and are signing them up. They've even signed up their head coach, who has zero MLS experience.

Now they're all excited about the Superdraft, convinced that a plethora of world class talent is waiting to be plucked, instead of a handful of leftovers who weren't good enough to get GenA offers last year or foreign offers this year.

Like Jon Snow, they know nothing and don't even know enough to know how little they know.

It's so cute.

jack sticker repped this.
  3. TheRealBilbo

TheRealBilbo Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    From my viewpoint...

The coach showed himself capable at the next lower league level. The risk with him is not much different than any rooky MLS coach. You could have made a similar claim about Berhalter when the Crew hired him. He doesn't have the history of Caleb Porter, but at least they avoided the expansion team blunder that is Adrian Heath.

As for players, the guys that they retained from USL are guys that could be role players, or come off the bench in MLS. Maybe Ledesma, McLaughlin, and Bone can provide some quality minutes.

Aldi, Alashe, Garza have been solid in MLS. They picked up some internationals like Hoyte and Deplagne. Hopefully they can be productive.

The biggest problem with an expansion team is that its the first time they've played together, and all are relatively unknown quantities. It could go great, or pear shaped. Contrast that with the Crew that have known quantities like Trapp and Higuaín. You can look through Crew roster threads over the past year or two at the misgivings of bringing in guys like Mensah as a DP.

The biggest difference is that the Crew have the advantage of needing a player or two, instead of trying to fill an entire roster in a single transfer window. Think of it this way, if half the players the Crew bring in this off season don't work out, that's maybe 10 percent of the roster. If half of FC Cincinnati's players don't work out, that's half the team.

4. jack sticker

jack sticker Red Card

Rangers
    United States
    Jun 5, 2018

I just want to give my condolences to you having to live in Cincinnati. You don't seem like a bad guy I bet I would have to look hard to see your horns.

Bill Archer repped this.
  5. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    From someone who lived there, this is a Cincinnati problem.

[​IMG]

TheRealBilbo, Alneri and jack sticker repped this.
  7. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    FCC est. 1934
    (Federal Communications Commission)

Edit: i like Skyline and ribs minus the health consequences, but that name FCC I hate.

Timon19 repped this.
  8. TheRealBilbo

TheRealBilbo Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    I'd rather go to Skyline.

9. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Get your order of operations correct. You "go" AFTER Skyline.

10. jack sticker

jack sticker Red Card

Rangers
    United States
    Jun 5, 2018
    You have a lot of self hate.

11. jairadballerina

jairadballerina Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    C-Town
    Never forget...

[​IMG]

jack sticker, TKyle, FlapJack and 2 others repped this.
  12. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never forget, indeed.

IMG_0016.jpg

13. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Way overcooked

Belgrano and Robbiegoal repped this.
  14. TheRealBilbo

TheRealBilbo Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    If that was the only problem with it.

15. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #40 Bill Archer, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    The worst.

I'd rather go to Mickey D's for the McRib sandwich. Seriously.

Plus, you don't have to look at 1000 photos of Pete Rose, signed "To The Rib King,Good Luck". I mean, everybody has photos up of famous people who've eaten there. But in between Ethel Merman and Bing Crosby and a thousand other dead and forgotten people, every other picture is of Pete Rose. What, Bench or Perez never ate there?

The place is tacky and dated, the food is terrible and yet it's always jammed, meaning a) they aren't likely to change a thing and b) Cincinnati people have no taste

16. Ueberjames

Ueberjames Member+

Columbus Crew
    Mar 28, 2009
    Stow, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My dad's side of the family all comes from Cincinnati, so I grew up on Cincinnati Chili and love it. But in all these years, I've never been to the Montgomery Inn and no one in my family has ever said "You have to try Montgomery Inn ribs." I always get the impression that the Montgomery Inn is where out of towners or people who don't know better go.

Of course, despite being a lifelong Reds fan, I have never cared for Pete Rose and I'm convinced that the Reds Radio team of Marty Brenneman and Jeff Brantley, who are constantly shilling for Montgomery Inn, secretly hate baseball. So I don't put a lot of stock in their celebrity endorsements. Maybe if Perez ate there, I'd give it a shot.

17. 614life

614life Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Living in Dayton and seeing fan groups pop up here with breweries scheduling watch parties makes my blood boil. I don't think most of them knew MLS was a thing before last year. The Crew fans I know of here seem outnumbered by these f***wads.

It actually makes this rivalry even better that I thought it could have been. I will always hate Chicago, DC, and Toronto. But I think this could be something special. This may be the one.

Draghignazzo repped this.
  18. 614life

614life Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Also, hey MLS, why the f*** are you making us wait until August?? Even with FCC (lol every time I write that), my hate for you is still unmatched.

19. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I prefer that.

I hate it when they schedule blood rivals against each other in week 1 or week 2, when everybody is basically in preseason form. I want to see these games when they’re at full speed and we know what both teams are.

20. 614life

614life Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    August is so damn long to wait, but I agree with your point.

21. Dan Milton

Dan Milton Member

Nov 25, 1998
    Montgomery Inn is not great and Wait Hoyt,baseball announcer from the fifties was the greatest Redlegs and WLW radio announcer!

22. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    The only thing better than the act is the anticipation.

614life repped this.
  23. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Who likes wax in their ice cream?

[​IMG]

Hatable Cincinnati things.

Timon19 repped this.
  24. jack sticker

jack sticker Red Card

Rangers
    United States
    Jun 5, 2018

WTF is that

25. Alneri

Alneri Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 3, 2018
    An upside-down purple hag with a dunce cap.

puttputtfc and jack sticker repped this.