Official German "Nationalmannschaft" thread

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by F96, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

LOL!!! Again, welcome back! :)

2. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    exactly, footyfan... i was just about to post and highlight the article exactly as you have (including the bierhoff bit)...

klinsmanns statements at the end are encouraging as well...

4. JeffS

JeffS New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cameron Park, CA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny how when there is the inevitable first slump and some bad games, Hoeness and other coaches want Klinsmann's head, or at least his butt in Germany. :rolleyes:

It was inevitable. But Hoeness and the others are stupid. They seem to be blind regarding the slim pickin's at the center back position.

And the whining about the fitness training is really funny.

I actually think fitness (or diminishing amount there of, for German players) has a an influence on Germany's demise as a true world soccer power. In short, German players have become spoiled, and probably smoke and drink and party too much. Let Klinsmann whip 'em into shape. I remember in glory days of German football (70's and 80's), German teams were always very fit, and good battlers until the end (the the reason they had so many come from behind victories - like the one over France in '82).

5. Germanshepherd

Germanshepherd New Member

May 19, 2003
    Rostock, Deutschland
    Jeff

This wasnt what it looks like on the first view. It was some sort of theater to take the pressure from the team. Lets hope it`ll work. Next game will be against France.

An away game again.

6. Germanshepherd

May 19, 2003
    Rostock, Deutschland
    Well, seems like it worked. ;)

The team is defenitely on track.

There will be not many teams that will be able to beat us.

7. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Physical fitness isn´t the problem.
    In other leagues like EPL or Primera Division the teams don´t train so much
    like the teams in the Bundesliga.
    In this aspect we don´t have a deficit.

But the German national players have another deficit,
    mentally fitness: They need too long time to realize, what´s happening.

(I don´t say our players are stupid, this hasn´t only to do with intelligence,
    but with anticipation)

8. Germanshepherd

May 19, 2003
    Rostock, Deutschland
    [QUOTE="Eisenfuß" Eilts]But the German national players have another deficit, mentally fitness: They need too long time to realize, what´s happening.

(I don´t say our players are stupid, this hasn´t only to do with intelligence,
    but with anticipation)[/QUOTE]

But thats still something that you can practise. Anticipation is gained with repetition. Which should be done in training, of course. I have often seen german teams that dont know what to do in some situations, that leaves big questions about the quality of the coaches.

Klinsmann has said often, that he lets the team exercise special situations over and over again. Which is the right thing to do and can be seen during the games. Especially before the World Cup they will have several weeks to do that, like before the ConfedCup. The result will be tremendous, I am quite sure. :cool: