Official DM Menace 2007 Thread

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by IASocFan, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aetraxx7

aetraxx7 Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    Des Moines, IA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unbalanced division are stupid. I agree that Thunder Bay doesn't belong with us, but the same point could be made for Colorado. They are a hell of a lot closer to most of the western conference than they are to us. We are the closest team for them to travel to in the current alignment. Wouldn't it make more sense for Colorado to play BYU more than St. Louis?

2. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Alright, here is my prediction based somewhat in unreported facts.....
    Colorado Springs will return in 2009 (different club, only the City remains)
    Omaha will join in 2009Boulder and Colo Springs will migrate to the West in 2009, and with the addition of the Omaha Club the Heartland picks up no one to replace the two of them.
    We are stuck with Thunder Bay....no one else wants those thugs either.Mark it on your calendar.
    It has been written, let it be so.

3. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Bump to keep us on the front page.

4. Shipdawg

Shipdawg Member
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Clayton, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe the Heartland will add Omaha and another club. Good prediction.

5. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Greetings fellow Iowans. I am orginally an Iowegian :D Grew up in Iowa City, home of the world famous Iowa Hawkeyes. Anyways, I've temporally come to Iowa to work on finishing my degree in respiratory therapy, and get my Spanish language medical interpretor certification. I still own a house down in Matamoros, Mexico (which I have decided not to sell) so I've been going back and forth. Hope to see you guys at some games this summer.

6. doolittledog2

doolittledog2 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Iowa
    Welcome back to Iowa, Crazy Yank. Go Fire, Go Menace!!!

7. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome back to Iowa, Crazy Yank. Go WIZARDS, Go MENACE!!!

8. Spaceball

Spaceball Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Clearly the intelligent one in the group is IASocfan! :):D

9. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    CrazyYank...I think the big elephant in the room that no one has brought up yet is this...............can you please bring your friends in your avatar to the Menace games this summer? I am sure something can be worked out with the front office to get them complimentary tickets?

Maybe this could take the place of the Roadhouse Round-up? Two smokin' hot girls in thier panties wrestling on the tables at pitch-side? Much better than the "shows" we have had in the past....(please see attached photo).

10. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    I mean, I like Armin and Joe.....but they really should hide thier feelings a bit more. This one made the local papers! (sorry guys! but it is a slow news time, and I saw the opportunity. Had to take it.)

BTW, did everyone see the news that Joe will get his shot to play to impress? Good luck to him, but as always, I hate to see anyone go. However, Joe works extremely hard on the pitch and deserves this chance. Just like I told Andy though....if you make it don't forget about the little people. I expect to see an MLS game where once the kit is taken off-- there is a Menace training shirt underneath. Andy hasn't had the stones to do it.....I think Joe will?

11. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    A personal Happy Holidays to all of you from our Family. Here's looking forward to a great 2008-- can't wait to have some barley sodas with each of you this summer!

12. tacos

tacos Member

Aug 5, 2003
    London
    Sorry - this isn't Menace related, but i was wondering if anyone knows a good place in WDM/DM to watch Real - Barcelona game tomorrow? It's on at noon CST on GolTV.

13. RegionIIFutbolr

Jul 4, 2005
    Region 2
    Try the boss's coffee shop downtown, they watch soccer all day down there. If its not on, request it. Emichi's (SP) Just north of the courthouse.

14. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Amici Expresso but the last time I went there they did not have GolTV.

15. sbalgenorth

sbalgenorth New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    December 30, 2007 - TAMPA, FL – United Soccer Leagues announced Thursday details for the 2008 USL Premier Development League season, which will see an increase in divisions and playoff teams in the upcoming campaign. Among the details finalized recently at the 2007 Annual General Meeting at the Hyatt Regency in Tampa, FL were the alignment, schedule and playoff details for the 2008 competition.

The PDL will consist of 67 teams in 2008, playing in 10 divisions that comprise the four conferences. New to the Central Conference will be the Midwest Division, while the New England Division will join the fray in Eastern Conference.

Expansion teams that have been formally announced to date are the Kalamazoo Outrage, Houston Leones, Panama City Pirates, New Jersey Rangers, Austin Stampede and Vancouver Whitecaps U23s. Moving to the PDL from the USL Second Division are the New Hampshire Phantoms and Cincinnati Kings. Another club change among the mix is that Abbotsford has adopted its youth club nickname Mariners. An additional expansion team is yet to be officially announced.

The league will also play a 16-game season for the fifth straight campaign with games based primarily upon their divisional alignment. The season will open April 26 and conclude July 20.

The playoffs will begin almost immediately with the expanded Central Conference format in which seven teams will move onto the postseason, marking the first conference equivalent playoff system featuring more than four participants for the first time since the divisional playoffs in 1998. The four Conference Championship Tournaments will be held July 25-27 with the PDL Semifinals August 1-2 and the PDL Championship Saturday, August 9. All playoff hosts are determined via a bid process.

PDL Alignments and Playoff Structure by Conference

Central Conference

Great Lakes Division: Cincinnati Kings, Cleveland Internationals, Michigan Bucks, Toronto Lynx, West Virginia Chaos

Heartland Division: Colorado Rapids U23, Des Moines Menace, Kansas City Brass, Springfield Demize, St Louis Lions, Thunder Bay Chill

Midwest Division: Chicago Fire Premier, Fort Wayne Fever, Indiana Invaders, Kalamazoo Outrage, West Michigan Chaos

Central Conference Playoffs: The regular season conference champion receives a bye to the conference tournament semifinals. The remaining top two teams in each division will play a divisional round midweek to determine the three other qualifiers for the conference tournament. The number one seed will play the lowest seeded non-divisional opponent in the conference tournament semifinals. The winner of the conference championship advances to the PDL Semifinals.

Eastern Conference

Mid Atlantic Division: Fredericksburg Gunners, Hampton Roads Piranhas, Northern Virginia Royals, Reading Rage, Richmond Kickers Future, Virginia Legacy

New England Division: Cape Cod Crusaders, New Hampshire Phantoms, Rhode Island Stingrays, Ottawa Fury, Vermont Voltage

Northeast Division: Brooklyn Knights, Long Island Rough Riders, New Jersey Rangers, Newark (TBA), Ocean City Barons, Westchester Flames

Eastern Conference Playoffs: The three division champions and the top second-place club (wild card) advance to the conference championship tournament. The number one seed will play the lowest seeded non-divisional opponent in the conference tournament semifinals. The winner of the conference championship advances to the PDL Semifinals.

Southern Conference

Mid South Division: Austin Stampede, Baton Rouge Capitals, DFW Tornados, El Paso Patriots, Houston Leones, Laredo Heat, Mississippi Brilla, New Orleans Shell Shockers

Southeast Division: Atlanta Silverbacks U23s, Bradenton Academics, Carolina Dynamo, Cary RailHawks U23s, Central Florida Kraze, Nashville Metros, Palm Beach Pumas, Panama City Pirates

Southern Conference Playoffs: The top two teams in each division advance to the conference championship tournament. The division champions face the second place team from the opposite division in the conference semifinals. The winner of the conference championship advances to the PDL Semifinals.

Western Conference

Northwest Division: Abbotsford Mariners, BYU Cougars, Cascade Surge, Ogden Outlaws, Spokane Spiders, Tacoma Tide, Vancouver Whitecaps U23s, Yakima Reds

Southwest Division: Bakersfield Brigade, Fresno Fuego, Lancaster Rattlers, Los Angeles Storm, Orange County Blue Star, San Fernando Valley Quakes, San Francisco Seals, San Jose Frogs, Southern California Seahorses, Ventura County Fusion

Western Conference Playoffs: The top two teams in each division advance to the conference championship tournament. The division champions face the second place team from the opposite division in the conference semifinals. The winner of the conference championship advances to the PDL Semifinals.

16. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's 2008 now, guys.

Let's post in the 2008 Thread!

The above post has been included in the above thread!