Official DM Menace 2007 Thread

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by IASocFan, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIG "O"

BIG "O" New Member

Aug 31, 2007
    El Paso
    Well guys, it sure was a fun ride in Des Moines. I truly appreciate all that has been said. I will always support you guys and the Menace, (unless we meet in the finals, of course). It really was tough leaving Des Moines, but I am hoping that I can help grow soccer here in ELP. Besides, I see it as broadening the horizons as I know that my soccer family has now grown. I know this sound soft, but I hope we can stay connected. ELP is great. The weather is awesome, (no humidity). The people and fans are really nice as well. This is one of the odlest franchises in the USL with a great owner who has alot of energy with the desire to make bigger, better soccer here in ELP.
    Sorry I wass not able to see everyone before I left town, but I wanted to take advantage of the time and get down here to start working on an exciting opportunity with the youth here in ELP. By the way, if you want to catch us on the pitch, you better do it in 2008 as we probably will be USL First Division in 2009. Already working it thru the League office. Probability: 90%

Thanks for the support and keep cheering for the Menace. It is you guys that make the Menace the top PDL team in the league.

To Snakeyes: Who is in the LHUSOC final?????

E-mail: aoatsvall@elpaso-patriots.com

2. sbalgenorth

sbalgenorth New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    We are offering the tickets at $60 per person. For the cost you get a ticket to the game and a seat on the bus. The bus will leave the Kum & Go building at 2:30pm the day of the game, returning that night.

The bus will make about a half hour pit stop along the way and we will be handing out some prizes including a signe LA Galaxy Jersey.

3. sbalgenorth

sbalgenorth New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    Well, we've had to cancel the bus for the trip to Kansas City. There was just not enough interest, probably because it's a Thursday game. We are still selling the tickets. They are $25.00 per ticket (face value). Give me a call or shoot me an email if your interested.

4. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Or because of the questions surrounding Becks being fit. ;)

5. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't think there are any questions on that anymore.

I do have MY Tickets to the NOT-Beckham game!

Any other Iowans going to the game?

GO WIZARDS!!

6. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Well now there isnt

7. sbalgenorth

sbalgenorth New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    We do still have tickets to sell! They are $25 each, which is face value. Let me know if your interested.

I will still be going as part of the give away that the Register is doing.

8. sbalgenorth

sbalgenorth New Member

Mar 28, 2007
  9. sbalgenorth

sbalgenorth New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    TEAM SIGNED COLORADO RAPIDS JERSEY UP FOR AUCTION!!

GO TO WWW.MENACESOCCER.COM AND CLICK ON THE LINK. ALL PROCEEDS GO TO THE MENACE FOUNDATION!

10. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

YUCK! CRAPIDS! :eek::confused:

11. menacesoccer

menacesoccer New Member

May 21, 2007
    nice to see our college boys doing well in their respective seasons at school (menace website). anyone have any updates go right ahead and post them so we can track our boys.

12. sbalgenorth

sbalgenorth New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    I know, I know, as Menace fans most are against the Rapids. But they were kind enough to help us out with the jersey. And besides, all the proceeds go to the Menace Foundation. At least pass the word around.

13. roman...noodle

roman...noodle New Member

May 30, 2004
    a hole in the ground
    What is the Menace Foundation and who does it support?

14. sbalgenorth

sbalgenorth New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    The Menace Foundation helps Des Moines, IA area children advance themselves through the sport of soccer. Through the help of people and companies all over the U.S., the Menace Foundation has been able to help over 2,000 children.

15. GOOOOAL!!

GOOOOAL!! New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Des Moines, IA
    I've heard rumors that Valley has been signed as the location for next year.
    Anyone got any concrete information?

16. Rise and Fire

Rise and Fire New Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Iowa City

I've heard the same and wouldn't be a fan. Valley Stadium is nice but it's awfully big, plus it's Field Turf and has the football lines.

17. Menace Fan

Menace Fan New Member

Apr 10, 2003
    Joe Riley Park
    Isn't FieldTurf the only artificial surface approved by FIFA?

My vote was for Cownie. If it's good enough for massive regional youth tourneys and Drake, it's good enough for me!

18. Kazan

Kazan New Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Ames, IA
    it will never be cownie for regular matches because cownie is across town from most of the fans

19. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    It's not FieldTurf but another surface that while not officially approved, never been tested by them for approval, it is supposed to meet FIFA test standards for artificial surfaces. Lothar has played on it and posted earlier in this thread saying it was fine.

20. GOOOOAL!!

GOOOOAL!! New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Des Moines, IA
    The games will likely be better to watch. With more width, the teams will have more space and be able to possess the ball more. Less "kick and run" will be played as the ball will just roll out of bounds.

Also the wacky bounces that happened all the time at Waukee will be reduced. The players will be able to pick their head up and look to pass rather than worry about keeping the ball in front of them.

21. aetraxx7

aetraxx7 Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    Des Moines, IA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree that Valley's football lines will suck. Plus, the seating is odd. I vote for Cownie. Either way it shaves a good 15 minutes minimum off my drive...

22. Rise and Fire

Rise and Fire New Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Iowa City
    How much of that is a chicken/egg situation?

I bet East/South Side folk would be much more likely to go to matches if the games were on the South Side v. driving all the way out to Waukee.

23. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004

Noodle....do you really have to ask? Getting any touches in (on the field that is)? We sure would like to see you in a kit for Thunder Bay this year!

Sure do miss your posts on the thread....I haven't seen anyone called an ass-clown since Mr Ponytail jumped on to air his superiority. CLASSIC!

Speaking of ass-clown....where is the maniac?

24. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Sorry to be a wet blanket...but the location of Cownie wouldn't be the reason for it not being used. Seating would likely be a problem there. What, half of Waukee?

I wouldn't mind Valley, very nice place to watch a game. I suspect we'd get used to the (pointy) football lines. However, we must always think about the tail-gating situation! But, then again...we were forced to become somewhat "resourceful" last season. Someone must've forgotten to send the doughnuts to the Waukee Police force prior to each game.....maybe KK could negotiate this with a Krispy Kreme contract?

With Scott here, I want to ask if interested parties could suggest/provide music to be played prior to and during games? I have a specific request for warm-ups for two specific games this season. Also, I would like to ask that we please stop playing "Cotton Eye Joe"-- why further the "hick" stereotype? Last request....stop doing the RoadHouse Roundup dance contest at the most inopportune times in a game? Seems like it always takes place at a crucial corner in the second half which causes difficulty in seeing the play with multiple heavy set people dancing in a gyrating, almost epileptic manner. I'm just saying......

25. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004