Official Confederations Cup Thread

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Fabio Grosso 2006, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Aquilani had a pretty damn good season at Fiorentina. Hence the call up, he played poorly at Confed Cup. Giac worked his ass off, but he lacked some in his game. Maybe more playing time at club level will help him get sharp.

Giacs effort was something to behold though, considering that midget Giovinco came on extra time against Spain and stood around while the rest of the team was working their asses off. If he still gets call ups after that pathetic display, that's where I'll question Prandelli before calling up Giac or Aquilani.

el napulitan repped this.
  2. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Giak sucks, but at least he has legs. That`s his only redeeming quality.

3. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aquilani is the weakest link. when he's playing mid...italy loses the ball or cant defend. Montolivo is good, but not close to defense, he's more offensive. With these 2 starting agaisnt brazil, was the worst idea. Aquilani should never be called up again.

btw, WTF happened to NOCERINO?? he was so promising and this year he disappeared. did his game drop that bad or is it another case of Milan destroying careers like they did to Pirlo ?

4. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Prandelli destroyed Nocerino's confidence by leaving him on the bench at the Euros in favor of trash like Motta. Then that ignorant fraud Allegri compounded the problem by freezing him out at Milan, no idea what the story is ther. But since Allegri was the one to "discover" Nocerino in the first place, it balances out in his case. There is no such excuse for Prandelli. With Nocerino, Italy would have won Euro 2012. Fact. Whether he can ever come back depends on whether and to what team he gets moved. Ranieri would be smart to get him for Monaco.

5. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think losers would rather lose. Just look at Alexi Lalas. Huge loser. Sucks at commentary. Is that really all we have to offer here? F-ing Lalas?

6. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    [​IMG]

7. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

hahahaha.... I see what you did there. lol

8. Romanista_NYC

Romanista_NYC Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Basel, Switzerland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This was an epic East-West bowl. Ibrahim Moizoos had an amazing season!

AmericanKaka and NickyViola repped this.
  9. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    That's hilarious, dude. Reminds me of an SNL skit that Damon Wayans did as an inner city youth camp counselor.

10. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
  11. Romanista_NYC

Romanista_NYC Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Basel, Switzerland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thanks, but I'm sh.t outta luck -- "this video is not available in your country." Will be sure to check it out when I return stateside. I couldn't tell you how many hours I've wasted on YouTube watching Damon Wayans and Jim Carrey's old skits from in Living Colour -- that's some of the best sketch comedy ever televised. MadTV and Key & Peele are hilarious too, and fortunately you don't need Hulu to see it.

12. Scorp redded

Scorp redded Red Card

Jul 14, 2012
    Actually we are just waiting for the plastic fans that only show up during the summer to clear out before we get to business.

Watching the Zimmerman trial to relax...? Okay... :confused:

////////////////////////

Once the season starts its time to give Paolo Cannavaro a try. Domenico Criscito should also be recalled and given a chance to win his place back. Gilardino needs to be dropped and new options must be tried b/c if Balotelli goes down we need another consistent scoring threat. I think the criticism of Aquilani is unwarranted and based on things other than playing performance b/c Montolivo gets none of that and has been consistently playing bad all throughout Prandelli's tenure. Diamanti should start and give Pirlo some rest time on the bench. Mattia Perin should be given a chance and give Buffon some time to rest!

EDIT: Aquilani has twice as many goals for the national team despite being called twenty less times!

[​IMG]

Padre Pio has much forgiveness in his heart.. except when it comes to not excelling on the Italian national team!

13. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Mattia Perin? jesus christ... Scorp is the best troll on BigSoccer

possibly should lock Scorp in a room and make him rewatch Pescara's entire Serie A campaign and tell us if Perin still deserves a shot at the senior team after getting kicked off the U21's lol...

GMangs repped this.
  14. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    1. you're having a laugh, its based purely on perfomance, im not sure passing to the other team through lazyness so many times is a trait thats gonna get fans supporting him,

2 again thats not true, he has been slated many times over the years, people have probaly just given up moaning about him because they have accepted prandelli loves his cawk, he also had a good euros and plus some people like me are hopefull vaerratti pushes him out, they moan about aqua because they're worried he will cement a place in the team,

3. how does he get in the team whilst sat on the bench for his club? maybe next season that will change

also

Torres: 5 goals, 4 against Tahiti
    Fred: 5 goals, 0 against Tahiti.

Torres gets the golden boot.

15. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yup, like my Milan/Arsenal "'friendly" aka CL game at Emirates. Justice is relaxing. Going to fire my Jura up and watch Egypt protests soon. Isn't there a rule about banned members coming back on a new name? I guess you moved and got a new IP, unless it was never blocked. No former member would ever come up with the same stuff you did, unless they were very special. However the Special One is taken.

Since banned members can come back, we need sheva.

16. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Torres got the Golden Boot because he played less matches than Fred, therefore is goals per game were greater. There is logic to it and then there is not. So in two successive summers, he makes the record books due to goals that were meaningless. In 20-30 years, no one will know why.

17. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Torres needs 2 things :

1. Get out of England

2. Get some new tram to get the his T levels high again

18. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    yes this is true, its bollox, 4 goals against a pub team, i know they had to give it him but surely they can see how stupid it is to have tahiti in it,

19. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Was thinking it wouldn't be a bad idea to give P.Cann a try...hopeful for Criscito to show too. I don't think Monto's much of a favorite either, though he passes to the other team a bit less, and 4 goals compared to 2? It's gotten that bad that we have to debate 4 goals to 2. Oh, how I hope Verratti and Insigne make the jump soon.

20. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They will. Ciro too. People forget about him for some reason. I guess only us "plastic" Serie A fans know about him and others. Maybe that is why the "real" Italy "fans" are always in a panic and crying to fire Prandelli? Or they just have no idea wtf is going on?

21. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    the reason people dont mention immobile is because he doesnt have the natural talant of those 2, he can become good but the other 2 can become great, he was excellent at the euros though, very unselfish work

22. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Useful to note that Prandelli's tenure is now third longest of all Italy managers. I believe the FIGC should allow him to stay as long as he likes. He has done a good job, bearing in mind that Italian football is not in a good state and that Italy does not currently have the best depth of players.

Overall, Prandelli has helped Italy play more attractive, attacking, possession-based football; created a good group ethos with strong morale; improved Italy results from the period 2008-2011, with two unbeaten qualifying runs and two good tournaments (2nd Euro 2012; 3rd Confed Cup), while bringing in some positive young talent to complement the more experienced Azzurri regulars such as Pirlo, Buffon, De Rossi and Chiellini.

So far, his big weakness seems to be in the defensive phase and in Italy's poor physical condition at tournaments. I don't know if that's all his fault; this is not a good crop of Italian defenders, but I do remember that Italy's fitness was better under Lippi. I could not believe how ragged the players looked vs. Japan, for instance.

Next year Prandelli needs to bring the true winner spirit to the World Cup, the "grinta" of old where an Italian team could put in truly epic performances, like the semi vs. Holland in 2000, the semi vs. Germany in 2006, the 2nd stage match vs. Brazil in 1982. I think we can go far in 2014 if we address some of the issues we saw at the Confed Cup. I would put us, at this stage, one of maybe five contenders with a real chance of making the final next year.

Daei_10 and gcstorm9 repped this.
  23. Scorp redded

Scorp redded Red Card

Jul 14, 2012
    Yeah, but he is young and should be forgiven any and all mistakes like De Sciglio who cost us a few goals but still got glowing reviews. Not to mention that because of the poor defense in front of him, Perin was forced to make more saves than Buffon has made in the last ten. If Perin has Juve's defnse I am convinced he would concede fewer goals than Buffon b/c he has quicker reflexes. All he needs in more big game experience.

No kidding! I haven't forgot about the 4-2 loss to Brasil and the 2-2 tie with Haiti just b/c of a few penalty contests.

3rd longest manager without winning anything. Considering how successful Italy was in the past, that is not something to be proud of.

24. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's more to be proud of than being a "fan" of Miccoli. What has he ever won? Is Gila a better option than him?

25. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    LoL

Perin has never been known as a reflex save keeper, hes been known as a guy who commands a backline, except he failed at that A LOT at Pescara...

theres better options than Perin lol... hes overhyped, maybe a year at Genoa will help him... probably not