Official Chinese Abroad Part V [R]

Discussion in 'China' started by The Old Lady Hertha, May 19, 2007.

1. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    They just signed two attacking players... and Tevez is waiting to come, also have a healed Alan Smith... I dont think Richardson's departure will help Dong that much if he stays with the squad again. Loan him out and see what he can do... maybe loan him to QPR...

2. PKchoppa

PKchoppa New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    If keeping Dong was for a marketing reason then he is most likely gonna be loaned out to a lower league team or hope that clubs like wigan,derby or even sunderland take Dong although it is very unlikey for Dong to play for Man Utd this season

3. psveindhoven

psveindhoven New Member

May 17, 2006
    If you look at India, China isn't bad at all. China has/had players at PSV, Manchester City, Man United, Charlton, Young Boys, Celtic, Everton, Sheffield, Energie Cottbus, Antwerp, MyPa, Vitesse, Hertha and Benfica. That isn't bad at all compared to India, that didn't qualify for Asian Cup or World Cup. They have only one player that played abroad: Baichung Bhutia, for Bury FC. The biggest problem can be solved: If Chinese should embrace their own football, things should be great. The Chinese football clubs should be richer then, that means better coaches, better youth development, more transfers, more money etc. Just look at Japan. Their clubs have become richer and richer and now the quality of the Japanese team is very high. Nakamura, Ono and Inamoto are some of the best players in the world.

4. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    DO you think that now the AC is over for china, dong gonna joint MU for the asian journey? against beijing and Guangzhou?

5. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    [​IMG]

Club over country. I think this defeat was the best thing that could have happened for him. I thought Man Utd were only playing in Macau. The marketing people definitely want him for the Shenzhen match in Macau.

6. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    oops
    yeah my mistake , they play vs shenzhen and guangzhou :p is barcelona who play beijing

7. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    I thought they only play Shenzhen?

8. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    nope coz they need to play on the 27th and like malaysia get beat by AFC manchester choose to play in asia on the 27th anyway so they play Xu Liang and Luis Alfredo Ramirez team

9. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Awesome. I thought they might just go home early.

10. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Dong joint MU for the China journey

11. Breezy

Breezy Member

Apr 26, 2006
    He will not play in Shenzen [because he needs to recover], but he'll be available at Macau.

12. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Just finished watching the MU-Shenzhen game. Dong came in around the 60th minutes. Did jack sh!t once again. Very lethargic, didn't look like he wanted to battle for a place in the first team. He's playing his way OUT of the MU first team if he continues to play like this.

13. k1s3k1

k1s3k1 Member

Sep 10, 2006
    earlier today...

Dong determined to impress
    By Peter Fraser - Created on 23 Jul 2007

Dong Fangzhou has revealed his determination to show that he has what it takes to make the grade at Manchester United.

The Chinese striker has agreed a three-year contract at Old Trafford, having joined the club for £500,000 in 2004 from Dalian Shide before spending an initial period at United's feeder club Royal Antwerp, and he is now keen to impress on a full-time basis in Manchester.

"I am trying to prove I am good enough to play for Manchester United," said Dong.

"I need to train hard and work hard, but that is no problem for me.

"Like every Chinese player, it is tough when you move to a new country because of the language and the fact it is a different culture.

"But, while those three years at Antwerp were hard, in a way they may help me because I am used to playing in Europe now."

The Premier League champions are currently on tour in the Far East, but Dong is unlikely to feature because United manager Sir Alex Ferguson believes the 22-year-old requires time to recover from recent international duty in the Asian Cup.

"I hope to play and I would like to play," Dong added.

"It would be fantastic to have the opportunity to play for Manchester United in my home country.

"But Sir Alex Ferguson is right when he says I am a bit tired, so probably it is better for me to rest and spend some time with my team-mates."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=478218&CPID=8&clid=1&lid=2&title=Dong+determined+to+impress

i think he forgot about that..

14. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  15. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Man Utd destroy Dong.....

When will my Dong come back?!

16. LosMerengues89

Jan 1, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    (Insert joke here) ;) :p

Anyways, there's still time for Dong to prove himself. If not, perhaps Birmingham will take him along with Zheng Zhi?

17. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  18. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    There's a kid in South China that looks and plays a lot like Thierry Henry. He should go to Birmingham.

19. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    How does he look like Henry? :confused:

20. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Tall, shaved head and his face especially his lips look quite like him. Maybe I'll dig up his pic and post it here...

21. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I have a strange feeling of deja vu... two chinese players to england ummm...

I PICK YOU, LI TIE!
    AND YOU, LI WEIFENG!
    Put on those proud blue shirts!

22. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Please, no more Li Tie. I think he has reached his prime and is going downhill. Yeung should bring in someone younger with better potential.

23. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    [​IMG]

:D :D

24. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Ah, how I became a Blue, good days :D

25. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I'm pretty sure Fevernova99 is joking. Let's hope it turns out better than the Everton deal. Maybe Chen Tao can finally get a chance abroad!