Official CFR Cluj thread [R]

Discussion in 'Romania' started by Boloni86, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    C'mon, I can't believe that!

He isn't Abramovitch, is he?

2. alexcfrclujnet

alexcfrclujnet New Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Canada
    Pazskany didn't say he would invest 100 million all at once. He said he would invest that kind of money over the course of a few years thus increasing the budget of the club every year.

3. evangel

evangel Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    I didn't know it was like that. I really did think he was going to pull an Abramovich in order to be very competitive in the Champions League. In any case, this is still very significant. If things are done correctly, I expect CFR to become competitive enough to cause a lot of shocks in Europe in the next couple of years. And of course, they're obviously now going to be powerful competitors for the Romanian title in the coming years.

But of course, this is all if the team is managed correctly.

4. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    He's all talk.

How many is a few years? To me a few years is 2-3 but to him it could be 7-8, until he proves otherwise I think he's full of it.

5. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Didn't he already kind of prove it with winning the title and rebuilding the stadium? The amount of money he's spending is not the point ... As long as the club keeps improving gradually, I don't see how anyone unbiased can criticize him. Paszkany, Muresan and Andone conduct themselves with more class compared with the clubs in Bucuresti.

6. alexcfrclujnet

Jul 7, 2008
    Canada
    I agree with you for the most part. Pazskany has already spent about 50 million on the team in the 6 years that his company was the main sponsor. Obviously, this sum is going to rise as the club performs better and better. This is assuming, of course, that everything will still be well-managed. We'll see.
    When you mentioned that the three have more class than the guys in Bucharest, I agree. Still, Muresan and Andone aren't too much better than Becali. They talk far too much and subtly insult many people. On the other hand, Pazskany seems to me to be a very diplomatic person. He doesn't say anything that's controversial.

7. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    The point as I understood it was that he'd spend the 100 million to help the team compete in the CL and to permanently cement themselves as one of the top teams in Romania. That still remians to be seen.

8. Satjoe2003

Satjoe2003 New Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Hello, does anyone know if the friendly between Bochum and CFR Cluj tonight will be televised or available online anywhere?

Would love to see CFR Cluj before they take on Motherwell.

Thanks in advance :)

9. alexcfrclujnet

Jul 7, 2008
    Canada
    The CFR-Bochum game will be televised on sport.ro at 21.30 Romanian Time, that's GMT+2.
    You can watch the game online here: www.sport.ro/live

10. Satjoe2003

Satjoe2003 New Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Thanks for that :)

11. Little Sigur

Little Sigur New Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Why is not playing Gustavo Oberman? What is "carte verde"? Is there any problem with his passport?

12. oviska

oviska Member

Jan 23, 2008
    ROmania
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    "Carte verde" is the green card that he needs to get from his former club in order to play in official games.

13. Little Sigur

Little Sigur New Member

Jul 29, 2008
    ok, thx.

so... do you know when he will get the card? has he options of usually play on the team? I think he joined for five years...

14. oviska

oviska Member

Jan 23, 2008
    ROmania
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    That i do not know :)

15. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  16. Tetsuo

Tetsuo Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Romania
    another bad result for Cluj, 0-0 at home with Iasi. i really hope they'll wake up, not because i want them to do good in the championship (because i don't :p) but because i want them to perform decently in the CL groups, maybe grab a few points. (it's very hard but not impossible)

17. viscajunior

viscajunior Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Good luck on CL dudes i hope you do well to leave the name of Romania very high...

A fan of Steaua!

18. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Very impressive first half from CFR at their CL debut in Rome! Kudos!

The 1:1 is more than deserved in my eyes. I think you can make the surprise if you manage to keep this level (physically, technically and tactically well worth seeing so far) after the interval.

19. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Congrats on this sensational, impressive and absolutely deserved away win at Olimpico, I had never thought you would be able to play so well. KUDOS!!! The 1:1 was a fantastic goal! :) That Culio guy is amazing!

That's a CL debut you can only dream of, isn't it? ;)

PS: I didn't even know that Andone & Fabbiani aren't in Cluj anymore. :confused: But good job from their new Italian coach!

20. oviska

oviska Member

Jan 23, 2008
    ROmania
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Haha amd looks like they are the shock of the first CL round.

AS Roma 1-2 CFR. Damn! and bravo!!

21. Boian

Boian Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Portland
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great win, great game played by everyone. Congratulations!

22. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

Newcomers CFR catch Roma cold

Juan Culio wrote a little piece of UEFA Champions League history as his two goals gave CFR 1907 Cluj victory at AS Roma on their competition debut.

more:
    CLICK

Btw: The ProTV livestream was and is still perfect (very good quality)! :) Culio has just given an interview.

23. randymos

randymos New Member

Aug 13, 2008
    yeah pro tv offer good broadcasts and now its barca-sporting delayed on tv .man i still cant believe i was thinking roma will win easy but culio was fantastic .i wish steaua will play in the same way tomorow.i think culio was the man of the game on uefa site.now chelsea will come in transylvania lol lets see what will happend. btw in cluj people are celebrating on the streets lol. good luck Steaua tomorow and great game cfr today:p

24. Tetsuo

Tetsuo Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Romania
    i was aware that Roma were in bad form, and i was sure it was going to be a hard fought match, in whitch Cluj will give their best, but i never expected a victory and in this manner. i predicted an unlucky 2-1 defeat. Congratulations CFR! Bravo Romania! i hope another victory will follow tommorow and then another 5 victories on thursday ;)

25. viscajunior

viscajunior Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Congratulations! you are showing the name of Romania very high! keep it like that, we hope that tomorrow we do the same thing as you...

A Steaua fan...