OFFICIAL CANADA VS USA THREAD JUNE 21 pre/in/post

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Camcamy, Jun 16, 2007.

1. LostintheBarrens

LostintheBarrens New Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Right thanks for the constructive criticism. Carry on fixing the world one country at a time. Doing great work.

2. SidFarkus

SidFarkus New Member

Jan 11, 2007
    New Jersey
    Did the ref ever say whether the offsides was called when the ball was kicked(in the pic) or when it went off Oneywu's head? I've heard some say the mistake was that the linesman thought the ball that went off Gooch's head came from a Canadian player.

3. MountainHawk

MountainHawk New Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Salem, MA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on ... show some knowledge. He's the top ref in CONCACAF and reffed FIVE WC games in 2006.

4. Captain Canuck

Captain Canuck New Member

May 13, 2002
    Yes, according to reports in the US media, the Canadian players were told by the assistant referree that he believed a Canadian player had headed the ball to Hutchinson, and that's why he put up the flag.

Of course, he got it wrong.

5. Kibby

Kibby Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Ottawa
    Oh Canadians know about this clown far better then you think we do. Panama-Canada WCQ... he was already a known quality to us.

6. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It was the Honduras match, WCQ in Edmonton...

7. JinJin

JinJin Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This was simply a third string CB pairing at the back for us, Hastings is a LB that was forced to play CB for us and normally isn't our starting LB either. Hainault, well he's a young kid with potential to be solid. If we had the likes of McKenna, Klukowski, Brennan, it could've made a world of difference.

8. Grimmace

Grimmace New Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Asuncion
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    sorry canada for your loss.....

i know how you must feel right now. But I have to add one thing abouth how every one keeps comenting on how the refs always lean twords usa or mex.

I honeslty agree and as a mexican i hate it. It just makes our nat. team look like a bunch of cheaters. For this i truly hate the concacaf. I just wish FIFA would do somthing about this problem.