Official Bob Bradley must go Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by BaltimoreYankFan, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  2. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Statman

Statman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    About freakin' time that the American media started asking for a bit of accountability from USSF.

4. Albirrojo

Albirrojo Member

Aug 27, 2004
    Teams lose the plot, it happens often, France, Nigeria, Czech Republic and others. Mexico too.

I'm a bit astounded as to how well Mexico did at the 2005 Confederations Cup. (2 wins vs. Brazil and Japan, 2 draws, Greece and Argentina which was probably a knockout round and Mexico lost on a shootout I'd guess).

2009 is real embarrassing to CONCACAF.

5. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for writing that article. ;)

Hopefully other media channels can pick up a bit, even if it isn't exactly at the forefront of sports coverage in this country. The articles I'd seen on Soccernet were scathing at best.

6. Riotom9

Riotom9 Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Texas
    I've been converted. I haven't seen such discord in the team, players, or performances since Arena's Czech/Ghana debacles where he jumped the shark and even his best players stopped being able to play well under him.

I'm so done with Bob.

7. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the worst state for US soccer I've seen since Sampson in 1998!!

FIRE BOB!!!!

8. sjclash

sjclash Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Earlier in this thread I commented about how stupid Bob sounded in the pregame podcast on USSoccer. If you want a laugh listen to it now after the smack down Brasil gave to us. Everything he says sounds clueless and I now think that I and most of the people on this site know more about soccer than Bob. Experience doesn't equal knowledge. Just look at our banks that after a 100+ years are in trouble because of bad decisions. Bob is making more and more obvious mistakes and rather than correcting them he makes it worse. I'm really wondering just how intelligent and soccer savvy Bob is right now. I think alot of people saw this coming from a while ago and Bradley didn't which to me makes them smarter than Blind Bob. Simply put, Bob Bradley is an international embarressment for us, who has destroyed our national team.

Can we get Donald Trump to fire him on national tv.

9. brinoch

brinoch New Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Silver Spring, MD
    While I may be new to BS and to this thread, I am not new to the fire Bob movement. He's not the coach we needed, or were promised by the USSF. (Where's that Technical Director?)

Since being elevated, we've seen an unmotivated team, inconsistent application of player selection standards, consistently poor tactics, and an inability to adjust ingame. Or, in other words, to coach.

10. Fire Bradley

Fire Bradley Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

but he won us gold cup 2007!!!

11. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    Media Coming Down on Bradley!!!

Here's are a list of links that I've managed to put together so far, if you have more, please put them here.

I intend to flood Sunil's emails with these links. You too, feel free to do the same.

Ives: ".....Bradley can also count himself guilty of some highly questionable lineup decisions against Brazil.....
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=656011&sec=us&root=us&cc=5901

Mosse: "....you major changes need to be made. And since you can't fire the players ..."
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=soccer&entryID=4271538

Mahoney: "...the loss didn't eliminate the 0-2 U.S....but if Bradley uses that infinitesimal shred as justification for fielding the same old same old, much must change....."
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/soccer_america/06/19/us.brazil/index.html?eref=T1

Wahl: "...Whether it's through better leadership or preparation,....That has to change in the year that remains before World Cup 2010....."
    http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/grant_wahl/posts/67861-us-players-speak-after-3-0-brazil-loss

Trecker: "...Why is the American team in such lousy shape? The buck has to stop with the head coach..."
    http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/9697770/U.S.-fans-should-be-disgusted-after-Brazil-debacle

What else did I miss?

12. JcUSA

JcUSA New Member

Jul 26, 2003
    Boca Raton, Fl
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Media Coming Down on Bradley!!!

I love it

13. ElJustin

ElJustin New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Houston/Buenos Aires

Is Bradley genuinely feeling the heat at this point?? Please be the case please be the case!

14. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA

Please don't use Trecker as an example of legit media. Remember, he broke the story that Klinsmann was signed, sealed, and delivered.

15. Bolo

Bolo New Member

Jan 16, 2007

http://voices.kansascity.com/node/4861

But this one might be the most damming to me.

Canales-

16. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York

This is patently stupid.

17. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I agree. His dismissal should already be announced.

18. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't care if Bradley feels the heat; I care if Gulati feels it

19. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll wait until after the Egypt game and the Gold Cup roster is announced before I jump on.

If I see a Clark/Bradley CM pairing, with 1 forward, I'm in.

20. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

Why?

Yes, the probability that BB would be fire as a result of me (and others) flooding his email with these links are at best 0.00001%.

However, we need to let Sunil know that there are US Nat supporters in this country, and that not only Bradley, but Sunil himself is being watched.

If you have better options, please enlighten us.

21. Statman

Statman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Very glad that the American soccer media is finally coming around that Bumbling Bob is not fit to coach a high school team.

Fire Bradley NOW!

22. sc123

sc123 Member

Feb 15, 2007

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/9698752

23. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

This got be cracked out laughing so hard I'd snorted coke (no, that's coca cola).

".......Here's a quick tip, for any sports bettors out there - if you get a chance to observe the team practice of both opponents before they face each other in the big match, don't worry so much about the formations or finishing drills. Look for smiles, players interacting and jokes. Because, though I have mostly my experience to go by, and no scientific studies, the happier side will usually win."

Hmm...wasn't Adu not able to get off the bench partly because this?

24. LJSoccer

LJSoccer Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Lake Jackson TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think it is time for a change. After coming home after work and watching the game. It became apparent to me, as I watched Brazil walk the ball up the field, that the teams "give a damn" is busted. The problem with getting Sunil to pull the trigger is that he's worried about US Soccer making money. He's in it for the dough for lack of a better way of putting it. Changing the coach is not going to make the system any more money frankly. I think dollar signs are the only thing that Sunil sees and the money keeps coming in so the public be damned. As long as the stadiums are being filled here in the US by the fans of Honduras, El Salvador, Mexico, Guatamala or what ever other country plays here, our leverage is limited. Let's face it Bob's a cheap date. Scolari is expensive and demands double deserts at the end of the night. But never the less I'm ready to fire off an email to Sunil and let him know something has to change for the team to do better. We as citizens and fans deserve 100% effort out there from the boys and we aren't getting it. Leadership starts at the top and ours has been painfully silent. I guess speaking cost money, right Sunil?

25. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same here.

brazil didn't help his case, because Beasley had no right to be out there, and Beasley showed just why he shouldn't have been starting. Failing to control a simple ball like that is just ridiculous.

I want to see a line up against Egypt that looks like it actually wants to play football, not sit back and wait to make a stupid tackle.