Official Bob Bradley must go Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by BaltimoreYankFan, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    I hear Maradona may be available soon....

2. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Get a room.

3. giffenbone

giffenbone Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    This is their room.

You are intruding.

4. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  5. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

9-2

Zero goals from the run of play. One of them a meaningless gift in Saprissa.

Twice going down 1-0 within 10 minutes, for a "defense" first team.

Playing Beasley in all 3 games.

2 Stupid red cards and yeah that is on the coach. It is not some "get out of criticism free card."

Showing some semblance of heart in one out of 3 games.

Playing a stupid ass formation in Saprissa, in a stupid way, with the wrong players in the wrong positions.

Repeating that against Italy with Benny on the wing.

Playing another stupid formation against Brazil with the players in the wrong positions.

The substitutions, or lack thereof, or speed thereof. Nope, he is not getting off with one line about the stupid, idiotic, moronic asinine substitution patterns:

Subbing one of your best player out of Costa Rica, without explanation. Never addressing it, not playing him since.

Not playing Adu since Saprissa, despite him showing as well as anyone and getting the single, solitary shot on goal of the match.

Having the opposition use all three subs first when you are down a man against Italy and the players are obviously gassed.

Using only one of those subs to help the midfield where the player went out and you are being beaten the worst and the players are most tired.

NOT USING ONE OF YOUR SUBS WHEN DOWN A MAN AND ANY GOAL, OR PREVENTION OF A GOAL COULD BE THE DIFFERENCE IN ADVANCING.

Hypocrisy. Calling out one of your players for not getting club time. While sitting Torres who gets top 2-3 club time and starting Beasley the very next match.

I could go on, but I think I made my point. This is about a lot more than losing a few games we were expected to lose.

This is about a long unchanged pattern of conduct and an absolutely abysmal level of play. It is not a one off event, or learning experience due to the level of competition.

You are right about one thing though. It is not time to panic. It is time to be cool, calm, rational and make a level headed decision.

It is time to fire Bob Bradley.

6. ty webb

ty webb Member

Aug 28, 2005
    NYC
    Spot on.

7. By-Tor

By-Tor Member

Tottenham Hotspur, Chicago Fire
    Nov 30, 2003
    Deerfield, IL
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spot on. Any progress that was made in 2002 has been lost. We are back to the equivalent of 1998.

Project 2010 is now Project 2022. Hopefully when the US will host the WC, we will have a contending team.

8. DDCaptain

DDCaptain New Member

Jan 17, 2008
    San Diego
    BRAVO

dare i say i root for another embarrassment vs. Egypt if it means BB gets fired?

Jurgen Klinsmann should take over. Not only does he have respect for American soccer he also is a big enough name that come World Cup time the media here will give us some credit. Sure he bombed at Bayern. But he took a young German squad deep into the world cup. We have a young team here and need some life injected into them. He can push Donovan to become more of a leader, maybe. He is a good judge of talent and for the most part has no bias towards players. BB has a lot of bias when it comes to player selections. Other than his own son, bocanegra, and rico clark, i don't see one player that would be upset with BB getting fired.

9. Soccer Bob

Soccer Bob Member

Aug 19, 2004
    The Fire Bob Bradley Group on Facebook now has over 500 members and counting! Join the group and begin to act!

10. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It begins to boggle one's mind, wondering what it would take for the US to change coaches in the middle of a qualifying campaign. Copa America and the Confederations Cup are pretty damning.

11. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin
    It looked like Dunga just walked off the field and didn't bother to try to shake Bradley's hand after the game I like Dunga. It's smart not to associate yourself with idiots.

12. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What about dopes? ;)

13. Statman

Statman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dunga didn't want Bumbling Bob's stupidity rubbing off on him. :eek:

14. CHthirteen

CHthirteen Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Chicago
    fair play to him... I wouldn't either.

15. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    It's only a joke if they get it :p

16. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys really need to look up what "dunga" means. :)

17. Asprilla9

Asprilla9 Member

Dec 15, 2000
    Beaverton, OR
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    by world football standards, it's actually a pretty freaking great time to fire your manager ... for the US. we've got 8 weeks until we have our next WCQ. so not only would the new manager have time, but he'd also have a shitty, throwaway tournament like the Gold Cup to experiment with.

IIRC, some trigger-happy nations will fire their NT coach mid-campaign in a lot worse situations, time-wise.

18. sportscribe

sportscribe Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Bob is to the USA what Raymond Domenech is to France. They are the unflushables. He's not going anywhere any time soon.

19. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That went over their heads.

20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Its the unfortunate truth. The USSF/Sunil Gulati are a strange lot.

21. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO

This sad and startling fact alone, deserves its own thread....

22. ty webb

ty webb Member

Aug 28, 2005
    NYC
    Its amazing and is deserving of more discussion.

We look helpless in the run of play.

23. pirozhok

pirozhok Member+

United States
    Jul 20, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Perhaps someone could summarize the first 1200 posts for the late arrivals ...

25. Sir Nigel Sorebottom

Sep 14, 2005
    Takoma Park MD
    Fire Bob