Official Bob Bradley must go Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by BaltimoreYankFan, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaltimoreYankFan

BaltimoreYankFan New Member

Nov 11, 2001
    Towson, MD
    I haven't posted here in quite some time, but I am appalled at the play of this United States side. The lack of effort, little hustle, piss poor planning, little creativity, bad fundamental football is overwhelming. This team is not representative of prior US teams. The manager must go. Who plans a 4-3-3 for players who don't understand where to play? While Costa Rica is respected in Central American circles, this team wouldn't compete outside of this region. We're are much worse at this point.

This is a low point of US Soccer in the past 20 years. The United States has been embarrassed. We play with this effort Saturday and we lose.

I don't like to post too often, but when I've seen enough, I need to make my point. USSF needs to sack Bob Bradley, tonight.

2. polska26

polska26 Member

Feb 20, 2008
    this is why I started the petition thread

3. ty webb

ty webb Member

Aug 28, 2005
    NYC
    The team looks unmotivated and unprepared.

It is ES all over again. Beasley is lost. Mastro looks out of place. Why is Landy playing forward? Torres subbed at the half. CR attacks and defends as a unit. The US looks confused with and without the ball. We are creating few chances.

4. USAin2006

USAin2006 Member

Sep 7, 2004
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our inability to close players down tells me the players don't fear the coach the way they should. Did you see Sacha on the last goal???? He is a Bradley-boy. If the Bruce were still coaching the Nats, love him or hate him, he would have gotten stuck into Sacha for that lame-ass-shit. And bringing him on for Torres...WTF?

Get Jurgen on the phone.

5. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soft bigotry of low expectations. Or something.

6. enfuego

enfuego Member

Oct 9, 2006
    Where do I sign for it to happen?

7. Fusion Logix

Fusion Logix New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Miami,Fl
    All i gotta say, why the F*** would you take out JFT

crap, at this moment id put in Rob Stone to coach this freaking side....

8. FakeFlopper

FakeFlopper Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    That Sacha sub makes you wonder a bit. Torres looked promising once he settled. I think Bob's luck just ran out. We were gifted the last Gold Cup. If we lose to Honduras at home, I think the USSF has to seriously look at a replacement.

9. matador11

matador11 Member

Jun 21, 2000
    South Florida
    Cannot believe there is actually a "must stay" thread.

10. monop_poly

monop_poly Member

May 17, 2002
    Chicago
    first page!

11. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    fixed.

12. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll play.

Cause he played 50 minutes on Sunday, was the only one playing the game correctly in Costa Rica, you aren't coming back from 2-0 down at Costa Rica, you've realized Pablo is losing it, thus you will need a fresh Torres on Saturday.

Edit:
    Might I add, in retrospect now that we've lost MB for the Saturday game, it's actually a plus that Torres didn't play the entire game as we will NEED him.

13. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tend not to call for Bradley's ouster after we lose (or tie when we should win). I usually wait until after a win, as it really doesn't much matter as we're going to qualify anyway.

14. Trequartista10

Apr 10, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I encourage all of you to blast Sunil Gelati's email box and fill it up with what is being said here. Here is his email. It's legit too, I've had several conversations with him. skg21@columbia.edu

15. LAmetrofan

LAmetrofan New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    goodbye bob... you will not be missed

16. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we fire him, then we're no better than Mexico.

Chew on that for a while.

17. TrojanWheels

TrojanWheels New Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Orange, CA
    I have never seen a US team be pissed on like this. I do not mean the score but how we got punked physically. I have not seen us play this uninspired ever. We were beat physically. We looked scared. We had no work ethic. That is coaching. Failing to get our players to play inspired is all coaching.

18. USAin2006

USAin2006 Member

Sep 7, 2004
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, he does answer emails.

19. MtMike

MtMike Member+

Nov 18, 1999
    the 417
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Preki for nats coach?

20. vponce75

vponce75 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 16, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's fine. Bradley needs to go.

21. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Isn't that the USSF motto?

22. Trequartista10

Apr 10, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Marco Van Basten, Frank Rikard, Scolari, Klinsmann, the possibilities are endless so long as Gelati is willing to but out of player personnel.

Assinine that Torres was benched at half time tonight. He was one of the few players that could hold the ball. Equally assinine that Donovan continues to get the green light on service free kicks and corners when his service sucks. Why do he and Dempsey get a free pass on the USMT?

I've said it before. US need to play 4-2-3-1.

Howard

Hejduk (Cherundolo) Gooch Edu Boca

Clark Mastroeni

Bradley
    Donovan/Dempsey (whichever isn't fagging out) Gringo Torres

Altidore

23. Cannons

Cannons Member+

May 16, 2005
    This isn't just one game. Many of us have been saying fire BB from the beginning. Tonight's performance just proves we were right. Some will say it's just one game, away, turf, hot .... blah blah blah but it's not. We almost lost to El Salvadore and not we were blown out. We are likely to lose on Saturday and then we play big teams in the Confed cup (0-3 likely). The fact is that BB was never the right guy for this job and now he's built a team that can't compete.

Tonights game was the second chink in BB's golden armour. lets see what happens Saturday

24. andorj78

andorj78 New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Getzville, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's mediocre. And that's worse than sucking.

25. djcandle19

djcandle19 Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Nation's Capitol
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. How this dude can wake up tomorrow and still have a job with US Soccer is beyond me. He should pay for his own flight home after that performance.

Abysmal doesn't begin to scratch the surface of what this U.S. team is. And let's make one thing clear... MICHAEL BRADLEY IS NOT NATIONAL TEAM MATERIAL. If the coach can read that, yes, your son has no business on the national team. Slows everything down, and has a mini Wayne Rooney attitude that gets him booked than produce for the team.

A few questions:

Why is Donovan playing up top?

Why is Jozey playing on the wing?

Why is Beasley playing defense?

Is there no one out there better than Marvell Wynne??

Why is Bocanegra the captain and only watching defenders walk into him?

Why doesn't US Soccer understand the subtleties of the game?

Why is US Soccer so focused on pace rather than harnessing natural talent??

I could go on forever... this country is pathetic when it comes to football, and we have all the resources in the world to dominate this region, and we field that.

Excuse my venting, but just for tonight... F-C-U-K US SOCCER.

I'll be back on board when my head clears. :cool: