Official Adelaide United Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Australian A-League' started by el-capitano, Apr 9, 2007.

1. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    With the Asian Champions League still in progress there's lots to talk about for all Reds fans.

Here's some latest news.

Bruce Djite will use tomorrow night’s vital Asian Champions League clash with Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma to help stake his claim as Adelaide United's number one central striker ahead of the arrival of Socceroo frontman Paul Agostino.

Whether Djite and Agostino - who's due in Adelaide over the next few months - can play together upfront remains to be seen, but in the meantime Djite has challenged Adelaide’s fans to come out in numbers on Wednesday night after what he says was a “disappointing” turnout for the club’s first ACL match against China’s Shandong Luneng recently.

2. Dannyd

Dannyd Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Sydney
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I'm no Ross Aloisi fan, but does anyone think Adelaide are pricks for having forced Aloisi out of the club and then telling the press that he retired?

3. Milky Joe

Milky Joe New Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Melbourne
    Sure you might be angry after being shown the door, but fancing saying you are going to be busy eating Korean while your former team mates are playing their ACL match. The players didn't make the call, yet he is moronic enough to insult them like that. How childish.

Just shows why he will not be missed and why he was a poor captain.

4. Dannyd

Dannyd Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Sydney
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Good point, I hadn't considered that. I feel less sympathy for him now.

However, the club, did what they did before he made the comments. Ah, all parties are twats :rolleyes:

5. ruud van semz

ruud van semz Red Card

Dec 27, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Alosi gone.

There are still alot of these old hack guys running around from the NSL that we need to weed out though, after they are all gone, the A-League will be a better league.

Guys like Veart, Kristian Rees, Carle Veart. Guys like that, Noel spencers, Jaime Harnwells.

More guys like that gone, and more guys coming in each year like your Nathan Burns, Adrian Leijers, Topor-Stanleys, Milligans will help the league be way better than what it is.

6. Adelaide United

Adelaide United New Member

Apr 8, 2006
    Adelaide
    People have been saying that Ross has been treated harshly. He has'nt. He will be getting 100K payout + a testimonial dinner. The team is bigger than an individual and with Ross you sometimes wonder if he subscribed to that theory.
    Anyone who watched every game of United this year (as I did) could see that he is in decline, just like Veart. The A-league is getting better each season. Some players do not know when their time is up and United is in desperate need of refreshment. I think the club is douing the right thing and its just unfortunate that whenever Ross opens his trap, something distasteful occurs.
    And to all you eastern staters who are always ready to call us a joke, well when your clubs are all run perfectly, then comment, especially SFC fans!!

7. SSbit

SSbit New Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Sydney
    The impression I get is that Adelaide are trying to get rid of everthing that reminds them of the Kosmina era (eg Ross Aloisi, Veart, and Kosmina of course).

8. ruud van semz

ruud van semz Red Card

Dec 27, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    No, they are just getting rid of players who aren't up to standard anymore...

And Qu is too injury prone and riddled, and for a designated player.. They had to give him the arse.

I don't know if it means they will put Agostino in the designated player slot or they will get someone else. (apparently Luke Wilkshire but I doubt that)

9. Adelaide United

Adelaide United New Member

Apr 8, 2006
    Adelaide
    Its called cutting the dead wood out. Can you criticise them for doing that, NO Way. It is when clubs don't do this that they get deep in shit as they have no new blood coming up. When you hit 31 or older you are always at risk.

10. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    A-League club Adelaide United have appointed Aurelio Vidmar as their new full-time coach.

Vidmar, who had been interim coach and assistant to the sacked John Kosmina for the past two years, will coach the Reds for at least the next two A-League seasons.

story

11. inobino

inobino Red Card

Mar 13, 2007
    Behind You
    Thank You Adelaide For Drawing Shandong At Home! :)

12. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    ACL Match Report

Adelaide United has twice let a lead slip in a pulsating 2-2 draw with reigning Chinese Super League champion Shandong Luneng in the AFC Champions League in Jinan.

The Reds showed little tiredness despite a 28-hour trip to eastern China but allowed Shandong back into the match following goals either side of half-time from Fernando and Nathan Burns.

13. Azzballz the Great

Azzballz the Great New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Sydney
    FWIW, you guys beat Dong Tam Long 3-0

Dodd scored 3

Kemp booed :D

Crowd: 6,500 :eek:

14. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Adelaide United has released defenders Aaron Goulding, Kristian Rees and Adam van Dommele as coach Aurelio Vidmar continues to shape his squad for the 2007/08 A-League season.

The Adelaide-born trio were all out of contract, and join Greg Owens, Matthew Kemp, Ross Aloisi, Shengqing Qu, Fernando and Carl Veart in leaving the club.

15. raffa_the_gaffa

raffa_the_gaffa New Member

Feb 23, 2006
    they have lost some good players there buit i dont think they will struggle because there players left in the side are still pretty good and got some great young players..

16. tfoz

tfoz Member

Jun 3, 2005
  17. Wezza

Wezza Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I saw on another forum that Adelaide United are looking to increase the capacity of Hindmarsh Stadium to around 25,000.

18. tfoz

tfoz Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Adelaide have signed 18yo Joe Mullen and 20yo old Young Socceroos captain Shaun Ontong.

Ontong's signing is the one that catches my eye. He's been a perennial for youth teams and captained both the u20s and u17s but couldn't get a gig in the A-League and didn't have a successful trial in Germany last year. One would think the captain of the youth teams would be one of the first guys signed up, but i guess not.

19. Aussie red

Aussie red New Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Adelaide
    A-leauge looks like it will be stronger again this year, and i reckon we might have another shot at makin the GF again, i reckon top four will be melb, adel, syd, roar or central coast takin up the last spot.

20. golazo mvfc

golazo mvfc New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    Melbourne.
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I've seen him play in 2 youth tournaments.

Utter shite.

It's been a year since I seen him play, I hope he's improved.

21. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The Adelaide United Football Club has continued to bolster its defence for the upcoming Hyundai A-League season announcing that defender Isyan Erdogan has agreed to terms with the club for one year.

Erdogan’s signing is subject to him being released by his current club Preston (in Victoria’s Premier League) which is seen as a formality, and the 24 year old will be a valuable addition to Adelaide United’s defence.

22. tfoz

tfoz Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Adelaide's recruiting always seems a bit strange to me, they've got great youth players, but then they go out and recruit guys like Diego and Cassio, neither are really that special, and then get sort of middle of the road VPL players, but maybe i'm wrong

23. Aussie red

Aussie red New Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Adelaide
    on a different topic. burns and bruce djite, part of the asian cup training week, burnsy got a run to make his senior international debut, do people reckon these guys are good enough to hack it in europe and how long do you think it will be before they go? i honestly reckon it will be in the next 2 years.