Official: 2020 Rumor and Roster Moves Thread

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by ragbone, Oct 8, 2019.

1. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I, for one, won't miss Zlatan. Enjoyed his occasional great goals and performances, but the team balance just never seemed good. And at his age, he would just get more and more stationary.

2. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    As far as Gonzalez - I'm not sure what happened. He was good at times but also made some costly errors for us. He certainly has the resume - he was a regular starter in Serie A and for Costa Rica through 2018. He was a key player of a stellar defense in the 2014 WC when CR beat Uruguay 3-1 and Italy 1-0 in the group stages and then shut out England 0-0. He also made the 23 man 2018 WC roster but didn't play. He should be reaching his peak as a centerback at age 31 but he clearly isn't.

I just don't know what his problem is now. Maybe there was an injury along the way that never fully healed and hurt his level of play? For whatever reason he just hasn't been able to sync into a good rhythm with our back line and hasn't lived up to what you would expect given his stellar pedigree.

ProudNatRN repped this.
  3. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Baseball was over when he wrote this. Come on man, you can do better.

4. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    Given that DTK and GBS appear to have screwed up with Gonzalez and didn't hit a home run with Polenta ( more a solid double), I don't agree. On the other hand, Bruce did a great job with Vanney, Omar, Dunivant, AJDLG, and with Jelle and
    Ashley Cole in 2016.

5. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #205 The Beautiful Gamer, Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    Until it's made official, I got to think of Pavon as being on loan again in 2020. So that's 2 potential slots as Ibra is gone and Romain is out of contract. If I were DTK, I convince Romain to resign with a paycut due to the fact that his market value has dropped (and since Drini has also suggested that he'd like to stay in LA), then I say you can just keep Pavon on loan going into the next season. Then bring in 2 more guys and basically go into 2020 with 5 DP class players on the roster(Pavon, Drini, JDS and 2 mystery DP's). Just make one of those new DP signings a one year deal and then at the end of the 2020 season you can make a choice between one of the 2 players to keep. Pavon or the mystery DP who was on the 1 year deal.
    No matter what comes out of the CBA, LA is in an awesome position thanks to DTK's deal with Pavon and Boca. Regardless, I think we'll still need those 5 other roles filled with real quality asap.

I don't know if this was posted earlier, but I just looked up who on the roster will for sure be out of contract and it goes as such,...
    Sebastian Lletget $1.14m (Need to Keep)
    Justin vom Steeg(Likely Gone)
    David Bingham $684k (Need to Go)
    Daniel Steres $912k (Need to Keep)
    Tomas Hilliard-Arce
    Hugo Arellano
    Diédié Traoré $228k (Need to Keep)
    Rolf Feltscher(Need to Go)
    Servando Carrasco(Likely Gone)
    Favio Álvarez --(Already Gone)
    Efrain Álvarez$684k (Need to Keep)
    Emil Cuello
    Chris Pontius--(Already Gone)
    Romain Alessandrini $2.28m (Need to Keep)
    Uriel Antuna $741k (Need to Keep But Likely Gone)
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic--(Already Gone)
    Ethan Zubak

Here are some guys around the league that will be out of contract that we could use based on position as well as how much they currently make,...

GK - Bill Hamid $969k
    GK - Steve Clark $456k
    GK - David Ousted $570k
    GK - Vito Mannone $1.43m
    RB - Chris Odoi-Atsem $143k
    RB - Tommy Thompson $684k
    RB - A. J. Delagarza $684k
    LB - Marco Farfan $285k
    LB - Seth Sinovic $684k
    LB - Wilfried Moimbé $456k
    RW - Kelyn Rowe $855k
    RW - Marvin Loría $570k
    RW - Florian Valot $570k
    RM - Miguel Ibarra $998k

CM - Felipe Martins $912k
    AM - Luciano Acosta $6.84m
    AM - Federico Higuaín $684k
    CF - Quincy Amarikwa $570k
    CF - C.J. Sapong $1.43m
    CF - Brandon Vázquez $570k

6. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #206 SteveUSSF_ref8, Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    Now that Zlatan is officially gone and I believe that Alessandrini (he is on his way to Series A) is also gone. That will leave 2 DP spots for 2020. One for sure will be Pavon and other will most likely be Mauro Zarate a striker from Boca Juniors. It looks like that Guillermo Barros Schelotto will attempt to put together his Boca championship club here with the Galaxy.

With this in mind the priorities are:

#1 - Keep Pavon
    #2 - sign a scoring striker
    #3 - built a new back line.
    #4 - sign a franchise Goalkeeper. (Hint: It's not Bingham).

ProudNatRN and MPNumber9 repped this.
  7. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    He can be on loan and count as a DP, and I guess it will be the case in 2020.

GBS has shut down the Zarate rumors last week. Argentinian medias will always link Guillermo and Boca players very easily. I don't think it will be Zarate.

As for Alessandrini, I see more and more him staying. First of all, he loves LA and I guess he could stay at a lower salary. And with Zlatan, Pontius, and likely Antuna departures, we have an entire frontline to build. As others have said after Romney's departure, it's hard to build chemistry (and also fans passion) when players change every year or so.

The Beautiful Gamer, JPAR and TrickHog repped this.
  8. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    The Beautiful Gamer, TrickHog and hav77 repped this.
  9. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    Just for the record, the player numbers shown look to be their market value from Transfermarkt and not their salaries which are a fraction of their market value. Some examples, based the salary data on the MLS Player Association site:
    - Lletget got paid $312,666.67
    - Efrain got $75,605.80.

These numbers are close to their salary cap charge which neither the Players Assoc or the league reports.

The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  10. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Umm no, you miss the entire point behind my post. I want Galaxy players who care about the team, about the city, and about giving 100% all the time. Not a bunch of hired guns whose ego overrides everything. Who you are matters.

shelbo repped this.
  11. Grumpy in LA

Grumpy in LA Bringing It Since 1807™

Sep 10, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not gonna miss Zlatan. Also not gonna start watching baseball.

Or accept that the definiton for “conquered” extends to “lost to our crosstown rivals early in the playoffs.”

Berks, shelbo, ProudNatRN and 6 others repped this.
  12. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm relieved and extremely happy that Zlatan is gone. My enthusiasm for this team tanked significantly this year and he was a large reason why.

I don't care how many goals he scores, I loathe his attitude and persona. Give me less talented but hungry, hard working, professional, respectful players every day of the week. I'd rather the Galaxy play 2020 with 30 Bryan Jordan or Rafael Garcia clones than bring back Zlatan.

shelbo, FlapJack, ragbone and 2 others repped this.
  13. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know I campaigned for moving on from Zlatan, but I'm of course bummed to see him go. Delivered some truly all-time great moments in my Galaxy fandom. One of the most amazing athletes I've ever seen live. Wish we could've won something with you, Lion. I will drop more laments in the Zlatan thread.

I am very optimistic about this decision from the FO, however. I was prepared to gear myself up for another season of Zlatan. In Ibra, they got everything they wanted but never got from Gerrard and Gio, so I could see there being pressure to keep him around, especially with the shenanigans of the last administration. Seems like the FO is really focused on what's best for the team.

14. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No. I'll take a bunch of could-care-less hired guns that compete to win championships over a bunch of honest, hardworking lunch-pail guys that don't, any day. When it comes down to it, winning is the only thing that really matters.

15. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OMG, nooooo!

16. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I guess we will agree to disagree. Robbie Keane bled for this team, Beckham eventually did as well, they made those around them better. I enjoyed watching Zlatan, but I'm not sure he was in that category. Antuna and Favio look like they are gone, are we now a team of one year kids on loan? It's like a one-night stand, fun, but with no emotional attachment.

WarGalaxy and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  17. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015

18. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    This is actually showing me that Bingham is good value for money. None of those keeps imo are an upgrade over Bingham.

Also not really interested in any of those players. Maybe Sinovic, but he is pricey. Farfan is young, but I don't think he is a huge upgrade over Traore.

19. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I deleted a post of mine where I quoted something unrelated.

I just wanted to point out that, unless I missed it, none of Zlatan's Galaxy teammates have gone out of their way to wish him well. Lleget was asked about it at USMNT practice today and he gave a rather awkward response and wished him well.

Might be a clue as to how the locker room was.

Berks, ProudNatRN, GalaxyOne and 7 others repped this.
  20. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Rumors that Alessandrini is going to Montreal. I really want to give him another year as a TAM player. I know he was injured, but he is a good player.

GalaxyOne repped this.
  21. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Sounds like we are going to replace half our team. Good luck DTK!

22. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    For better or worse, I’m looking forward to a team built by te Klose and Schelotto if that team is unshackled from the last vestiges of the Vagenas/Klein/Onalfo/Schmid/Beckerman

23. Dynasty2013

Dynasty2013 Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sky sport Italia mention that we are after PSG Cavani, More info in LA confidential

hav77, The Beautiful Gamer and MPNumber9 repped this.
  24. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just don't think of Bingham as a franchise goal keeper. They had one in the past with Jaime Penedo. It would be nice to bring him back.

25. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #225 SteveUSSF_ref8, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    If the rumors are correct, Ricardo Centurión would make for a nice replacement for Antuna using TAM money. Along with siging Edinson Cavani as a DP to replace Zlatan. Add making a deal to buy Pavon's contact from Boca Juniors then signing him as a DP to replace Alessandrini. Then they need to find a franchise goalkeeper and built the back line, making it a very interesting 2020.

GalaxyOne and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.