Official 2019 Samurai Blue thread

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Samurai Warrior, Jan 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think you'll find Japan like any nation has a broad spectrum of personality and opinion. But that aside, I also think it's a fairly common rule across all nations that the National Team coach and setup encourages its players to play at the highest level they can. Also you will find that it's a reasonable response to see moves to lesser leagues for financial gain criticised.

And don't talk about 'western side', I was raised in the west lol if you're referring to the western world.
    In Australia it's quite contentious that some of their best players are going to the Middle East or Asia instead of Europe and similar calls for those players to be dropped came a decade back when Australia had more options for its NT than it probably has now. So trying to lump me into some weird teioh-view of what they think imperial Japanese are like is unfounded.

Any high tier NT in Europe won't want to pick a player that suddenly chooses to go to Qatar or China to play.

I have no issue with a football player chasing the $$$ but to me we should be encouraging those who play at the highest level or are striving to do so and I believe that if we have an good young player who is doing that work then give them a call-up.

Also he was in Portugal.

seolseol repped this.
  2. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's normal for national team coaches to have their own opinions and recommendations about a player's choice of team or league, but not really reasonable to banish players on the basis of their ultimate choices. Based on what we've seen so far Nakajima is still a difference-maker for the team and I'm looking forward to seeing what he can deliver internationally - and yes, hopefully a future move to another European club.

Also on a meta level I'd like to see a more diverse array of personalities among Japanese players. It would be cool if there was e.g. a world class Japanese CB who also happens to be a dirty thug like Pepe or Ramos, or an incessant trash talker who riles up opposing defenders with savage insults.

Samurai Warrior, takeuchi, teioh and 2 others repped this.
  3. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The second there demonstrates any compromise in level of performance attributable to playing in a sh!t league he should go. Even if that means burning out after 75 minutes etc.

4. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Couldn't watch the end because my daughter woke up with an earache but the moment he threw on Zapata I thought it was over for Japan.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  5. mushu21_2

mushu21_2 Member

Manchester United
    Vietnam
    Sep 1, 2018
    Suzuki's movement was good but his ability with the ball is still quite limit.
    Based on form I think Antler's Sho Ito deserves a call next time.

6. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You've already got Makino for that:ROFLMAO:

7. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    He will be 35 the next WC lol. Highly doubt he can be a long term solution. His physicality is what Japanese FWs lack though. Yuma Suzuki is the closest I can think of among Japan's FW options that is physical. Players like Musashi Suzuki might be too limited with the ball.

9. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yuma is still injured?

10. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Musashi is absolutely useless and I can't believe that it's still not clear after seeing him for 3 years in Teguramori's squad.

seolseol repped this.
  11. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I appreciate anyway the effort by Patric.

12. ShadowedMind

ShadowedMind New Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Hello everyone!

Didn't know where to ask this question because I expect a help primarily from Japanese people, thus this topic seems the most relevant for that. I'm looking for World Cup 1998 matches in HD and I have some information that Japanese NHK (BShi channel most likely) was broadcasting those matches. Can any Japanese confirm this and give me some information about where I should look for these HD matches if they actually exist (I have in mind Japanese forums, popular social networks, etc.)? Does anyone have at least any of the Japanese national team matches in HD from the World Cup 1998? Please, any help is welcome, feel free to contact me. Thanks in advance.

13. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    It was so over that the referee need to invent a totally inexistent pk for them to let them score.

14. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I actually watched up to that point. Then Google spoiled the result with a push notification the next morning,so I didn't bother to finish watching. Like I've been saying, they call every handball a PK now. They no longer have the balls to judge intent.

15. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    I was saying that the mighty Zapata was not decisive for the match.

16. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It definitely put Japan's defense on the back door with both CBs occupied. Colombia's attack was more dominant thereafter.

17. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Starting line-up vs Bolivia;

Schmidt.
    Nishi - Miura - Hatanaka - Anzai.
    Kobayashi - Hashimoto.
    Inui - Kagawa - Usami.
    Kamada.​

18. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Anybody help me out with a stream link?

usagoals while usually reliable has let me down.

19. morimotomania93

Japan
    Jan 22, 2019
    a link please for bolivia vs japan

20. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    go to usagoals dot com and the link there now works.

21. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Very far cry compared to Vs Colombia

22. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Slowly linking a little better, to be expected with a lineup that's never played before.

The CMs aren't doing great if I'm honest. All the play is started by the backline with little occurring at CM.

Inui is still needed in this team.

Usami needs to do something relevant.

YakYak and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  23. yanagibashi

yanagibashi Member

Eintracht Braunschweig
    Japan
    Jan 3, 2018
    still not convinced by moriyasu.

seolseol repped this.
  24. YakYak

YakYak Member

Feb 9, 2009
    What does Usami need to succeed? Is it changing his style of play, his mentality, more skill, more physicality? I've heard from way back in the days that he's this once in a generation wonder-kid, and seems like he has the stats to show it in the J.League. But when it comes to the international or foreign stage, he hasn't done anything notable...

25. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I wonder if its mentality.

seolseol repped this.