Official 2019 Samurai Blue thread

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Samurai Warrior, Jan 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    For those who asked about the reason of the lose, have a look at the following videos:

1- Shibasaki lost the ball and it turned into a conter-attack, Japanese players are 5 on 3, despite their numerous advantage they were not pressing the opposing players, they let the Venezuelan players run at them and instead of pushing forward to close-in on them they are running backward like a highl-school students against professional players, a Venezuelan player picked up the ball inside the penalty box with no whatsoever pressure or marking and shooting it past the miserable Kawashima.

Here is the video:

teioh, mushu21_2 and seolseol repped this.
  2. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    teioh and seolseol repped this.
  3. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    teioh repped this.
  4. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Seems like Moriyasu needs to go.

Cant believe Akira Nishino is coaching Thailand....we could use his knowledge of Japanese players.

Kakeru and seolseol repped this.
  5. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Good god what an awful display.
    I started to accept Moriyasu but today they showed their right faces. It matches the ridicolous jerseys.

Everyone can have a bad game but some of these players should really start to question what the fck they are doing.

gandychan and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  6. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Indeed.

Some of these players seem completely unmotivated and disinterested to play (Shibasaki, Kawashima, and Ueda), while some of them lost their touch or don’t have what it take to play at this level (Haraguchi, Nagai, Suzuki, Asano, and Sasaki).

The only ones which really played hard and deserve to be in the team today are Nakajima (who is today’s Japan MVP) , Furuhashi whose off-the-ball movement, positioning, and hold-up play are very great, and Muroya.

The fans booed the team during half-time, so let’s see how this situation will improve, and what kind of changes Moriyasu is going to do in next month’s EAFF and next year’s matches.

seolseol repped this.
  7. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Yesterday Armenia lost 1 to 9 against a full of youngsters Italy for their worst ever defeat. But it was a meaningless friendly and none cares about it in the whole country (except journalists who wanna sell their papers).

Japan's crushing defeat against Venezuela couldn't come in a better time. Now Moriyasu will take notes and improve his choices.

Anyway it seems we missed our whole starting defence and we had a former player as gk, so Moriyasu has his excuses for the loss.

M.Suzuki + Asano = No Goal (quote)

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  8. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Samurai Warrior and seolseol repped this.
  9. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Don't understand why he keep testing J league players like Musashi Suzuki, Nagai, Miura and Sasaki when they have been tested and prove that other players might deserve a chance in these matches to show their skills.

Overseas players out of form like Haraguchi, Shibasaki, Kawashima, etc. should also not be called that oftenly.

10. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I dont know why people expect goals from Asano, he does not score.

gandychan, Kakeru and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  11. mushu21_2

mushu21_2 Member

Manchester United
    Vietnam
    Sep 1, 2018
    Hey, if "Moriyasu out" is really serious, could you guy take Nishino back from Thailand, I start to feel the threat from his team.

seolseol repped this.
  12. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It is too early for “Moriyasu out”.

Whispered11 repped this.
  13. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Was extremely disappointed at the callups (mostly the defense and the forwards), so considering that it was a friendly, I'm kind of glad it went the way it did.

teioh repped this.
  14. KATO

KATO Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Manchester
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The last few games have convinced me the players called up are horribly out of form, complacent and have no guts to fight for their manager.

Moriyasu himself has shown zero evidence of tactical awareness and expects so called big name player to just “make it all happen”.

Honestly, what is even the point of performing well in the J League when the likes of Kawashima and Asano start for the national team.

Samurai Warrior, Kakeru and seolseol repped this.
  15. Kakeru

Kakeru Member+

Manchester United
    Japan
    Feb 22, 2016
    Montréal, QC, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It is never too early. The man is just plainly clueless on tactics and he has made extremely poor player selections.

In England, those players would be hounded out of town by now. They should feel lucky that Japanese supporters don't show that level of vitriol because those players are obviously not fit to wear the shirt.

16. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Lack of form can happend to anyone, but this has been shown over such a long time now. Could it be deeper? Connected to the coach?

17. KATO

KATO Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Manchester
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Now is the perfect time when the stakes are low.

It would be terribly too late to sack him after dropping points in the final round of qualification against Saudi Arabia and Australia etc.

Kakeru repped this.
  18. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    On the contrary they are perfectly suited to fit this shirt...

19. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    The issue is who could possibly replace him lol. Not sure if it is another local coach or the JFA would choose a foreign coach now.

20. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Full match (debacle) :

21. mushu21_2

mushu21_2 Member

Manchester United
    Vietnam
    Sep 1, 2018
    I asked that for the benefit of my national team (Vietnam) lol
    But really, one thing you will recognize when you watch the current Thailand team: their attacking and passing game is becoming much more smoother. Sure their achievement is still not good since their defense sucks, but who follows south east asia football can see the improvement over the rigid, physical and boring Thailand pre-Nishino.

I used to think the reason Japan chose Moriyasu is to purchase a more pragmatic, direct football. But until now, his approach is unclear and half-heart. If he wants to play more direct and effective, his player selection in the frontline is questionable. If he wants to build a solid team, his defense record until now against decent team is horrible.

On top of that, I still remembered his U23 team lost to Uzbekistan 4-0. At this Asia U23 tournament for the first time I saw a Japan team which struggled to connect more than 4~5 passes. You can argue that he used U20 team for U23 match, but this argument started to feel lazy now, although I used to think like that too. After almost 2 years, his U23 team still isn't performing at the level the fan should expect. When the U23 team was under other coaches (who I don't know), the impression is more positive.

I still don't think its too clearly that the decision to switch the head coach and the style for Japan is a mistake. We also are all familiar with the old Japanese style of slick passing without no great achievement. But at least it was entertaining.

The fans is waiting for the moment all his questionable approaches suddenly click, like the moment Japan performed against Uruguay at home. But I started to doubt it.

Samurai Warrior and datschge repped this.
  22. mushu21_2

mushu21_2 Member

Manchester United
    Vietnam
    Sep 1, 2018
    I start to see the similar between current Japan and the Thailand team 3 years ago.
    Under Kiatisuk (a Thai legend), playing beautiful football -> didn't work against Asian top team.
    -> Sacked him, employed an European coach who preferred physical players, play rigid football
    -> Things became worse, didn't achieve anything almost 2 years.
    -> Employed Nishino, have to start all over again.

23. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Problem is, Moriyasu trying to be direct, but the structure of the team was horrific, that's why they couldn't strings a decent passwork if Shibasaki is in the blackhole mode.

24. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I am starting to get really worried about him.

25. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    It was just a friendly. Plenty of time to rebound and judge.
    It's probably going to be miserable at the EAFF as well. But no need to talk salking yet or anytime soon ...