Official 2019 Samurai Blue thread

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Samurai Warrior, Jan 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yanagibashi

yanagibashi Member

Eintracht Braunschweig
    Japan
    Jan 3, 2018
    doan will not be dropped. the jfa are making him (as well as nakajima and minamino) one of the faces of japanese football for the next four years.

this performance was disgusting. nice effort selling all those tickets by calling up kubo.

seolseol repped this.
  2. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Japan were good at shooting right at the keeper! Many chances in the 2nd half, but only after the substitutions and T&T was completely gassed.

seolseol and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  3. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    This is the problem, he is taking his place for granted and does not feel the urgency to up his game.

YakYak, Kakeru and seolseol repped this.
  4. mushu21_2

mushu21_2 Member

Manchester United
    Vietnam
    Sep 1, 2018
    I only managed to watch the 1st half but japan's attacking play is becoming extremely rigid and predictable:
    - passing the ball around in a very routine routes and pace
    - be blocked, confused, passing the ball to Nakajima, waiting for miracle
    - Nakajima tries to provide solutions by himself but at this time he is way covered (defenders already closes him down, goalkeeper is ready for an obvious shooting direction)
    - goal kick or corner kick, repeats till final whistle.

If Nakajima's form drops (will happen, even Messi has off day), then how the hell they score? Compare with the last Asian cup, it's like no improvements at all.

If they insist with 3 defenders formation, the 2 wingbacks need to play way more adventurous, and the 2 wingers/support strikers need to provide goal threats. For now only Nakajima, aka 25% of the ideal plan, have done his part.

Kakeru, seolseol and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  5. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Ritsu should leave the senior team for the moment. I now we prepare the Olympic Games but he doesn't deserve to be a starter right now.

He should play the Copa America with our U22 team, if we want to be consistent.

seolseol and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  6. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Moriyasu still the right guy? Seem he got no clue.

Kakeru repped this.
  7. Kakeru

Kakeru Member+

Manchester United
    Japan
    Feb 22, 2016
    Montréal, QC, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Japan would have been better off with a German or a Dutchman as a coach than Moriyasu.

seolseol repped this.
  8. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Former Japan International Koji Nakata on yesterday’s match:

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/soccer/news/2019/06/06/kiji/20190605s00002014442000c.html

Basically he said that the 3-back formation needs to be given more time to judge it, but he thinks the main problem for Japan is the attack not the defence, he said there was not enough understanding and constructive build-up between the attacking players.

He also pointed out to what I have said: Japan’s attack improved after the introduction of both Haraguchi and Muroya, who are both offensive-oriented than both Nagatomo and Sakai respectively.

YakYak, Kakeru and naopon repped this.
  9. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What do you guys think of CA? Its a tough group.
    Zero expectations?

10. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It’s an experimental squad which is mainly formed from the Olympic team. Speaking realistically, their chances are slim to advance to the quarterfinals, but it will all depend on the conditioning of the team and how Moriyasu can prepare the team psychologically..

One thing I feel not comfortable about is Shibasaki, he is moving slowly as if he is weighing more than 150 kgs, he has no drive, no responsibility, no dignity, no leadership characteristics, and no mental toughness.

I will be more comfortable with Kota Watanabe starting instead of Shibasaki.

seolseol repped this.
  11. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes it is what it is. No idea in bitching about them not taking a real squad. Would have been funnier if the chance was realistic though.

Shibasaki is worrying yes but hes been bad for a long time now, something is wrong , we have been discussing it before. Too bad he seem to be the leader of this squad.

My question is, is all these players olympic material? Even the University player?

12. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yes, they are.

Ayase Ueda is the best traditional striker so far in this generation, and he is regarded as the first option for this position in this generation.

By “traditional striker” I mean a No.9 striker similar to Yuya Osako and Hary Kane for example.

YakYak and seolseol repped this.
  13. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Okey that sounds good. Will be interesting watching him.

14. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Zero expectations, I'm happy if we get 1 point, but the main thing is elsewhere.

Anyway, I note that we have a good pool of young players, since we currently field an U22 team at Toulon tournament and another U22 team at Copa America soon.
    Moreover, we played U20 WC without our two best players, especially Kubo.

Just to drag a positive note before a probable early exit.

seolseol repped this.
  15. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, I think the most prevalent problem with Moriyasu and this generation of players is lack of responsibility and fighting spirit.

When they went down 0-2 in the Asian Cup final they showed no sign of reaction as if the match was a friendly.

For your information, Since Japan lost 0-2 against Kuwait in the 1996 Asian Cup quarter-final, Japan did not fell 0-2 behind against any Asian team (except South Korea), and needless to say that they did not lost by a 2-goal deficit against any Asian team since the match against Kuwait in 1996 (except South Korea), this loss was the first of its kind in the last 23 years.

This is said, the coaching staff and the players alike should have been fully alerted about going 0-2 behind against an Asian team (which is not perceived as one of the top 5 teams in Asia), and show an immediate overwhelming reaction.

Yet, they kept passing the ball passively and predictively in between them which made the task easy for Qatar to defend their lead.

The coaching staff and players did not feel that the dignity of Japanese football is at the stake, If I was in Moriyasu’s shoes I will order the players from the touch-line during the first half when they went 0-2 behind that they shouldn’t go into the locker rooms without scoring at least a goal to decrease the deficit and they should have killed themselves on the pitch to do so.

This the attitude that we shall expect from Japan Team in such situation, not the carelessness they showed under Moriyasu when they lost against Qatar, or when they lost against Uzbekistan 0-4 in the last U-23 tournament, or during recent friendly matches.

If players like Tsuneyasu Miyamoto, Makoto Hasebe, or Masashi Nakayama were in this Asian Cup team the outcome will be totally different.

I bet if this team were the one playing the 2004 Asian Cup quarter-final against Jordan, no one will do what Miyamoto did, when he thought that there is a problem on the pitch in one side where the penalties were taken and asked the referee to change the side of the penalties, Japan then won the penalty shot-outs after being 0-2 behind.

I bet that no one from this generation will do as Miyamoto did if they were in his shoes, and Japan will end up losing the match and not winning the title.

What this generation must understand is that playing nice will not get you anywhere in international football, especially if you are faced by adversaries, conceded in an unfortunate incidents, and have a referee which favours the opposing team.
    As a whole team they shall step up their whole game, and fight in the field as if they are fighting to save their lives.

Unfortunately, the current Japan players are afraid of getting their shirts dirty or their hair-styles damaged, no one is daring to get his shirt dirty or to be bleeding for the sake of the dignity or triumph of the team and the nation.

As for Moriyasu and the coaching staff, they are doing well when things are going right with them, but whenever they were in tough situation they seem unaware of what to do to shake things around and change the situation, this disadvantage is doubled when there is no player in the pitch with leadership characteristics to urge the players to change their attitudes and give it their all.

Well, there are few exceptions in this team, such as: Yuya Osako and Wataru Endo, but the majority of the team are just group of over-hyped sissy cowards, especially Doan and Shibasaki.

Keren, Kakeru and seolseol repped this.
  16. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Great post. The harsh reality.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  17. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

One has to wonder what Yoshida or Shibasaki would do if they were in Miyamoto’s shoes?

gandychan and seolseol repped this.
  18. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nothing?

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  19. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Surely.

seolseol repped this.
  20. Kakeru

Kakeru Member+

Manchester United
    Japan
    Feb 22, 2016
    Montréal, QC, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    This is the description that fits my personal indictment about the Japanese men's teams at this time. I wish the JFA can find an equivalent to Roy Keane or Lothar Matthaus to scare the living daylights out of those pussies until we find enough warriors.

With the current crop of players, I feel they need to get their mothers insulted more often if that can light up some fire. What a bunch of momma boys, candy asses.

HTCONEM8, seolseol and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  21. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I hope at least a win will come. Uruguay have been historically a tough team to crack and their new generation is really good. Chile have to rebuild and that's not going to be immediate. Ecuador have a nice generation to count on, but it's currently featuring at the U-20 WC.

So I hope they'll be able to win at least one game. Given the stupid structure of the tournament (two out of the three 3rd-placed team can progress to QF), we might even face a big in the QF.

I hope Miyoshi, Abe and Kubo will light up the tournament.

seolseol repped this.
  22. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Oh what a nice tennosei fashizumu crap.
    Sure insult relatives is the key to push them perform well ala Zidane in 2006 WC Final.
    If you prefer that type of asian football I suggest you to join Taeguk Warriors, they are well trained to kick some asses and insult mothers.

23. yanagibashi

yanagibashi Member

Eintracht Braunschweig
    Japan
    Jan 3, 2018
    why would there be fighting spirit from moriyasu when he did not have to fight for this job. he was literally the perfect "yes man" for the jfa.

Kakeru repped this.
  24. Kakeru

Kakeru Member+

Manchester United
    Japan
    Feb 22, 2016
    Montréal, QC, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That reply is both condescending and totally ignorant about the reality of upbringing athletes to become the very best at elite level. You're the only one here who doesn't understand my point while other members on this page have received the crystal clear memo.

What do you suggest we do with those players? Cuddle them even more? The last thing we need is to cuddle a bunch of overpampered brats who should have been taught the very hard way a long time ago about responsibility and fighting spirit. If that is what you believe, then you strenghten my belief that you know absolutely nothing about how top level athletes become who they are in the context of team sports.

In order to teach players to become responsible fighters, you need to make them taste real adversity, make them endure mentally challenging moments on the training ground, and bring them down so they can learn to pick themselves up. The part about insulting mothers is only one example among others, but that is what players need to taste in order to reach the elite level. There are 2 steps in pushing an athlete to the next level: STEP 1: light up the fire so that we can unearth the extra bit of energy in an athlete; and STEP 2: channel that energy into a specific objective. In this case, the objective would be to fight for the win at all costs. An elite player with an irreprochable attitude is the one who is READY TO DIE ON THE PITCH so he/she can make his/her team win.

If some of the current Japanese players can't take some abuse and criticism from up close and personal, they can leave the National Team or even football at any moment until we find enough players who are raised in the right way to be both hungry and talented at the same time. People want battle-ready elite footballers, not choir boys here.

Just as Samurai Warrior pointed out before, Moriyasu has been extremely negligent by letting those brats get away with murder for something that can be corrected inside the dressing room and on the training ground. He looks like a yes man to the JFA, someone who doesn't have the balls to make the tough decisions when any fan expects him to kick more trash cans and get angry.

And one last thing: go read about who Roy Keane and Lothar Matthaus were as well as to why they are considered to be the best captains that their respective clubs have had. They lay down the law to make sure no one rolls over at the slightest bit of adversity. I would do everything for Japan to find someone like that.

25. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Well simply I don't agree with you and I find your statements medieval if not caveman bs. Really sorry.