Official: 2019 Rumor and Roster Moves Thread

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by The Beautiful Gamer, Oct 29, 2018.

1. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    I keep hoping that the Galaxy can reacquire Omar. Since he will be a free agent on June 30th and the Galaxy apparently have tons of TAM (especially if you include the $2.8mm in discretionary TAM), it should be possible. They would need to trade up in the Allocation order list to guarantee that they can get him. Given Bruce's past trades for Allocation Order position, they may need to trade someone like Traore or even better Skjelvik and TAM.

TrickHog repped this.
  2. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Hmm Gonzalez will be 31 this year. Idk. I do think he'd be a decent pick up, but Gonzalez isn't exactly doing great in Mexico anymore.

3. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

4. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    That would be the Galaxy's AEG connection at work.

TrickHog repped this.
  5. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Makes sense given our shared ownership, though I'm not excited by his resume. I'd rather suffer through with Pontius and Zubak (provided the midfield improves at actually creating opportunities for them) until we make a permanent signing. That being said, this seems like something we could cancel easily once a real target comes along, so extremely low risk.

Seems kinda crappy for Hammarby fans to lose a guy who scored at a decent clip for them last season for basically nothing.

The Beautiful Gamer and TrickHog repped this.
  6. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Apparently, Hammarby just received another striker on loan until July 15, so it could be a short-term loan until the summer transfer window opens up when the Galaxy have more options for a permanent signing (and perhaps a better sense of Zlatan's health).

7. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can Djurdjić hold the ball, or does he like to run on to balls? I wonder. I do like that it would be short term.

TrickHog repped this.
  8. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Get him in especially if Ibra might be out for 2 months.

9. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, I watched Djurdjić‘s goal highlights from last season. 95% of the goals were him finishing crosses into the box. I can dig that. Of course, we need quality crosses into the box for him.

10. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    It looked like our game plan against Dallas was to cross the ball in for Zlatan. Obviously Zlatan wasn't there, but my theory is that GBS has been planning to use Zlatans superior physicality and height as the focal point of our attack.

Bringing in another striker who scores off crosses would be a smart move.

11. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Thanks for the video scouting.
    My "Wikipedia resume" concerns about Djurdjic are a) we would be his 9th club since 2012, b) in the past seven seasons his only productive one was last season after joining Hammarby. In 2017 he had 3 goals in 27 games, in 2016 3 goals in 25 games. And beware scoring stats from the Swedish league Allsvenskan. According to fivethirtyeight.com ratings it is a very top heavy league - their better teams are MLS level but the bottom of the table teams aren't even up to average USL standards. So Swedish forwards on the better teams like Hammarby can pad their stats against basically weak 2nd division cupcakes.

MPNumber9, barroldinho and TrickHog repped this.
  12. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Honestly, he sounds a lot like Kei Kamara (though Kei sounds to be more efficient going by Skydogs stats).

I’d take a Kei Kamara type striker in a heart beat.

13. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'd take a Kei Kamara for sure. But history suggest this is a very poor man's Kamara. I'm just wary of a player with one good season in the last six or seven years. Reminds me too much of Gio's resume.

14. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    FYP

15. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As long as it’s a short term or loan deal we can get out of quickly then it could be a decent depth pick up for the time being.

The Beautiful Gamer and hav77 repped this.
  16. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Baxter reports that the Galaxy are shooting down this Hammarby striker rumor. Seems like his agent was the one trying to get LA interested.

17. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would rather not rush into anything like Ciani and get someone scouted in the summer. Make a classic run in the 2nd half of the season.

hav77 repped this.
  18. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    DTK/GBS too smart for this. I like it.

The Beautiful Gamer, shelbo and hav77 repped this.
  19. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Giancarlo Gonzalez seems to be coming this way. We just loaned Arellano, and his club said there is interest from MLS.

20. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Here's the report on his coach:

The Beautiful Gamer, hav77 and TrickHog repped this.
  21. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    hav77 and TrickHog repped this.
  22. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    He was not good at all with Los Dos last year. I'm not surprised.

I do wonder if he would have benefited from a loan to somewhere outside the state. It could be possible that he just needs to put himself in a different environment to get his career trajectory back on track.

TrickHog repped this.
  23. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Idk. If you can't cut it in the USL consistently, then will he cut it in the MLS? Even if he went to Costa Rica or somewhere else to play, he likely wouldn't develop into what we need.

24. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Most likely, but it's also possible he got complacenent and comfortable since he's never been pushed outside of his comfort zone. I'm just thinking he we loaned him to somewhere else in the USL outside of California it may give him a jumpstart to his career. It's also possible that no one was interested.

25. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I just felt a chill go through me...

Berks and napper repped this.