Official 2019 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    While wishing for a draw is understandable I also think it would be a mistake for Japan to play for it or even accept it. They should play for the win. To put it in the words of a rather famous US admiral, "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead.

In soccer strange things happen and a late call or fluke breakaway or weird bounce or some such could easily turn what looks to becoming a draw into a loss. Japan should only pull back if they are up by two or three late.

I think it is stupid to play for a draw and Japan is a lot of things but stupid they are not.

Bop N Cool and blissett repped this.
  2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    An Italy-Japan match at this World Cup? No way!!! :x3: You basically want my death!

3. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Japan v England
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Utsugi and or Sakaguchi in tonight
    Please please no controversial VAR handball decisions for either sides that settle the game
    Never seen flags flying locally for an England womens game before.Expectations are high.
    No predictions from here as I fear the worst but I am ready to be amazed and astounded by a brilliant Nadeshiko performance resulting in a 2-1 win with Jun Endo scoring the winning goal

HS10Legend, Tunechi241, KAPIJXM and 2 others repped this.
  4. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    #1579 Manchester Nadeshiko, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    Bliss....shame on you....missing the sharks birthday...hope you intend to make it up to her by posting the rainsoaked Portugal picture with belated birthday greetings

blissett repped this.
  5. Bop N Cool

Bop N Cool Member

マイナビ仙台レディース
    Mar 18, 2012
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    32y/o, the most senior member in the team. It was Miura’s Bday as well.

Attached Files:

#5nadeshikofan and blissett repped this.
  6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Guys, I am already gutted that I had bought the ticket for today's match, but I couldn't leave to Nice for work reasons. :(

Now you remind me of my fault about the Shark's birthday... :unsure:

I hope at least I'll manage to find a good streaming link for the match tonight.

If the match will raise my mood, I could re-post the pic @Manchester Nadeshiko is talking about (although it's a little bit complicated, because I'll have to move it to a new photo-sharing site, before I can re-post it here). ;)

Manchester Nadeshiko and KAPIJXM repped this.
  7. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  8. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Lechus7 and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I like that Endo is starting. Can Kobayashi actually play as a winger, or is this actually more a 4-3-3 than a 4-4-2? I mean, Yokoyama, Iwabuchi and Kobayashi should be all Forwards. Actually Endo too is listed as a FW, but we've seen her play on the Left-Wing so far. There is no doubt that, whatever the actual formation is, we're going to have a lot of offensive players on the pitch, thus apparently confirming Takakura's intention to win this game.

No Utsugi and no Sakaguchi (one could start wondering why were they even brought :cautious:) and in fact the line up has just one pure Holding Midfielder in Hina Sugita (assuming the defense is Sameshima, Ichise, Kumagai, Shimizu, as normal, and despite Kumagai being showed in the midfield in the picture above): I can't see any of the others (Nakajima, Endo, Kobayshi if played in the midfield) as an Holding Midfielder, so it reinforces the notion that it looks more like a 4-3-3 than a 4-4-2: Sugita at the center, Nakajima and Endo on the wings and three FWs in Kobayashi, Yokohama and Iwabuchi. The fact that Takakura wanted to train with closed-doors is another sign that she could have something special in mind. And, after all, why not trying a 4-3-3, with the qualification already in hand and not much to lose? The England will probably expect a line up similar to the SheBelieves Cup's one and we could shake their certainties big time! :ninja:

10. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Oh no... I really don't like Nakajima in the middle even if it's three in the middle. I've never seen her play well in the central midfield even for INAC. Despite her small size, she is not agile, weak and not very good first touches. She's the best kicker/crosser Nadeshiko have but only if she has time and space.

I thought Utsugi would play in the middle today. No ball winners for Japan, no forwards who can hold the ball. England will dominate the possession today. It could be a tough watching.

I like Endo and Kobayashi starting, though.

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Of course TV is shooting footage of the 2015's semifinal with Bassett's own goal. ;)

12. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Any japanese stream?

13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not that I am aware of, sorry. I am watching a Fox TV streaming.

14. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    And that is a free stream for you? No registration?

15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It is. Do you need it?

16. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Please. Everything around here needs registration with credit card. Of course it is free for 3 days. But you cannot re-register without fees.

17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  18. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Every time I read or hear the name Kobayashi my brain automatically jumps to the Kobayashi Maru training exercise in "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan." It is a "no win" situation and for the Japanese team I wonder if the "no win" is for the Japanese or their opponents. Kirk defeated the "no win" situation by changing the parameters of the test so he could rescue the "Kobayashi Maru" and in many ways Japan needs to change the parameters of the match to defeat England.

Actually Kobayashi seems a very solid player and does complement Endo in a lot of ways. That pair may end up being the difference for Japan. I kind of hope they play close to each other a lot as their quick combinations may be decisive.

blissett repped this.
  19. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    Ready to go! Nadeshiko Ganbare! :devilish:

[​IMG]

teioh, KAPIJXM and blissett repped this.
  20. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Been watching the Nadeshiko regularly for years, but -- damn -- I still get nervous before a big game.

21. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    20 cigarette game!

blissett and lukephan repped this.
  22. frohike

frohike Member

Japan
    Aug 6, 2015
    Spain
    I hope Momiki has some minutes today

23. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That was to the corner, good save.

blissett repped this.
  24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, superb FK by Yokoyama. And apparently it looks like she's also having fun: good sign! :giggle:

Bardsley barley saved it.

KAPIJXM repped this.