Official 2019 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    Uff... That final 15 minutes were poor. Gassed out? :eek:

Anyway - second stage guaranted now and possible topping the group with win over England. :thumbsup:

teioh, KAPIJXM and Bop N Cool repped this.
  2. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    FT...2-1 win.....I think we deserved it.
    Think Endo deserves a start against England

blissett, lukephan, KAPIJXM and 2 others repped this.
  3. Kakeru

Kakeru Member+

Manchester United
    Japan
    Feb 22, 2016
    Montréal, QC, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Really glad with the win, but I cannot say I was happy with the way our girls played after Emslie arrived.

Now we have a few days to rethink about the strategy against England. Phil Neville's girls won't be as wasteful if they are allowed to play in our half.

blissett and lukephan repped this.
  4. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    This ref though...lot of poor calls against both teams.

Tunechi241, blissett, lukephan and 4 others repped this.
  5. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    Sugasawa penalty call

Sorry, but for me that's a dive. She starts rotating her body only after the contact.

Combined with the other more than questionable calls it was really the ref that decided the game.

6. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    Nah, she starts rotating after a pull. The fact defender didn't object says it all - penalty.

Kakeru repped this.
  7. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    I'd very like to see again this few seconds before Scotland goal cuz I was under the impression that there was non called foul on Ichise just before she had that wrong pass.

8. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Guys guys, they didn't want to let us down ;)

blissett and KAPIJXM repped this.
  9. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    You are a bit redundant. At the beginning could be funny but at the end is annoying.
    The other users probably are used to your type of support, I still have to get used to it.
    Anyway keep trolling, you jynxed the scottish very well ;D

GunnerTNB, blissett and KAPIJXM repped this.
  10. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    I think it was a penalty although I have seen them not given as well. For me, Japan were luckier not to be called for handball by Shimizu (but then, I don’t understand the handball rule anymore...)

11. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Yea I thought there was something.Have recorded the game.Will have a look after the Italy game.It's non stop here.Every game on TV.

Lechus7 repped this.
  12. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Lucky you. All pay-TV in the US. Well, you can sign up for „free“ trials but you have to cancel right away and the trial lasts only 7 days. Need a decent vpn to get into the German broadcasts.

13. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    BBC mainstream T V.....every game in the WWC....can't believe it.....thought there would be 'big' games but every game.Lucky me

14. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Just to pat myself on the back (and hopefully not dislocating my shoulder) I said that Japan would get at least four points from the last two group matches and three of the four are now in the bag. :giggle::laugh::cool:

Japan was not quite as dominate as I expected but they got the job done and done well.

England will be a harder nut to crack but I still think that Japan has another gear or three that they can up-shift into. The one thing I noted is that they need to shoot faster, they are thinking too much, when they are open in or near the box.

BTW: Endo made a big difference in a starting roll. I wonder if Japan will stick with her as a starter.

Kakeru, blissett, HS10Legend and 2 others repped this.
  15. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Scotland were quite lucky not to trail by 4 goals before 75min. Their first meaningful shot was in 42nd min and affter that they still had problems to string more than three pasess in 2nd half. Notice that they attacked only when Japan started slowing their game in order to save some legs and after substitutions were made - a time when the team is most vulnerable cuz of adjusting it's tactical shape. I thought that after lost goal Nadeshiko responded very well (bit dodgy at times under own net but still they could've had third goal) showing that if needed they can still push for another goal.

Referee calls were puzzling to say the least.

The big ones:

Japan had call on hand ball that was waived. (not even a TV replay was shown).
    Scotland had call on hand ball that was waived (on TV replay it could been valid)

Sameshima was yellow carded although she hit the ball. Defender flipped on it.
    Sugita legs were attcked but this time ref used only....finger waiving.:rolleyes:

but the "small one" calls were even more inconsistent.

16. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Ichise was fouled after recieving the ball from Yamashta (87.43) but retained the ball.Ref not on camera so can't see if she signalled play on or even saw it.Then she makes the bad pass.

HS10Legend and Lechus7 repped this.
  17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Phew, guys: I am so happy: I came home and I gave a look here, while watching Italy win 2-0 at HT vs Jamaica. So both my teams are doing well today. :D

So relieved. :p

I'll probably post more when the Italy game ends, although, as @Manchester Nadeshiko noticed, it's a non-stop day at the WWC (and of course at least Italy games are broadcast live on Italian TV).

I see somehow @And G took my place commenting: and, as grumpy as he is, it works. :laugh: Even @teioh could see that! ;)

Before I had to go out to work, I was in time to see that Endo was going to start and I had much appreciated that, because she was one of the good ones in the few minutes of gameplay she had vs Argentina. This had made me quite confident for today's game.
    Now you guys confirm to me she had a good game. I hope I can re-watch her later. :)

For me Endo, despite the young age, is one of these "special" players, and I agree that I'd like her to start in other games also, although I am not sure in which exact position.

Storiming back to Italy now. :p

KAPIJXM and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  18. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    It was soft, but Nadeshiko were the better team and deserved it.

blissett repped this.
  19. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    I thought as much.
    It's all to known scenario concerning Japan players:
    Nadeshiko player is fouled but recovers from bad tackle and quickly gets rid of the ball as to not be caught with another challange. However she is off balance, the pass is errand and the ball lost. Ref calls advantage where is none.
    Good refs stop the action and call for FK.

20. Bop N Cool

Bop N Cool Member

マイナビ仙台レディース
    Mar 18, 2012
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
  21. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Hasegawa only played the last 10 min or so, but still does not look at her best. I guess she is not fully fit. I really wonder if she will see action vs England.

22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Just watched the short FIFA highlights (I don't have the time to do anything more than that, since I don't want to miss our next opponents' game, England-Argentina, later tonight). Was a little puzzled at first by Scotland's pink secondary kit: of course both teams had a dark blue first kit, but pink reminds of the Nadeshiko flower. :giggle:

You hadn't told me yet that Mana Iwabuchi's goal was so beautiful!!! :eek::eek::eek: WOW! :D

Also, Yuika Sugasawa can't stop munching her trademark chewing-gum even while she kicks a penalty and celebrates a goal! :laugh:

Judging from highlights Japan could have easily won 4-1 or more, today.

You know what? England is surely much stronger than us on paper, but in the end everything is still in our hands: England will surely win today vs Argentina, but anyway we beat them and we top the group. Let's have faith in our girls! :ninja:

23. Essex

Essex Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Much better than the first game, that's for sure. I was delighted to see the many chances they created. Not so happy about the last 30 minutes, looked too shaky to my liking. But they did improve, and let's hope they can build on that.

Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.
  24. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Japanese media supposedly reported that she has an ankle injury.

blissett repped this.
  25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    There is a long history of teams who started a World Cup not so well at group stage and then grew along the tournament (see Italy at men's WC 1982): let's hope for the better. :)

Essex repped this.