Official 2019 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    France - Japan (don't mind the graphic GAB-MEX)

2. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Meanwhile: Women's Champions' League final OL-Barcelona, Final Time: 4-1.

OL was ahead by 4-0 at the half-hour mark. Barcelona scored at 88' only. It wasn't actually a contest. :coffee:

Saki Kumagai didn't start, but she could play the final 20 minutes, when she was subbed-in for Fishlock.
    From UEFA Women Champions' League website :):
    "Saki Kumagai becomes the first Asian to 50 appearances in this competition (and third non-European)".

Award ceremony going to start: link.

unepommekun and KAPIJXM repped this.
  4. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Any reason for being in the bench today?

5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not that I am aware of, except that, since Jessica Fishlock came on loan from Seattle Reign (she's going back to USA after this match), OL had to rotate their midfielders a lot, and the one that was most often sacrified in this season was Kumagai. I guess Fishlock signed for OL because she wanted to play Champions' League (and possibly winning it), so I suspect playing the final was secretely (or not so secretely) part of the agreement. Since OL plays a 4-3-3 these days, and Maroszan and Henry are more or less lock-in, it was most often Saki who was leaving her place to Fishlock. :unsure:

Anyway, Saki Kumagai was on the pitch once again to win her fourth consecutive Champions' League. :) In 2016, she was on the pitch for all of the 120' and she scored the winning PK in the penalty shootout (and I was there in Reggio Emilia to watch her!!! :giggle:). In 2017, she once again played 120' and scored one of the PKs in the longest penalty shootout ever in a WCL final. In 2018 she started and was subbed-out at 95' only: her substitute, Shanice Van de Sanden, was instrumental to turn the game from 0-1 to 4-1 after extra time. This time, in 2019, she was only subbed-in at 71', when the game was already on 4-0. But she was there, our Japanese record-girl at Women's Champions' League winning! :p

KAPIJXM repped this.
  6. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    https://www.mycerezo.jp/ladies/profile/

blissett repped this.
  7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #1107 blissett, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
    Oh, ok, thanks! They added some names (with numbers from 60 on) since the last time I had read that page! :giggle:

By the way: do you know if there is an official roster for Cerezo Osaka Sakai Girls also? I tried to explore that website, but I didn't find it.

Edit: interesting that one of the new players' name is Ai Ohara. This Japanese family name is similar to the English one, of Irish descent; USWNT has a player with the same name, but written differently (Kelley) O'Hara. :p

8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    These are the highlights of the game. Kumagai can't be seen much, except in the final celebration (she's on the left of the group):

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    NWSL:

- Seattle Reign-Sky Blue FC 2-1. Kawasumi played the whole game for Sky Blue; Utsugi wasn't even on the bench for Seattle. o_O I don't think she joined Nadeshiko Japan yet, did she? I hope there is no injury involved, at less than a month from the WWC; anyway, Rumi wasn't mentioned in the injury report published on the NWSL website.
    Highlights: http://www.nwslsoccer.com/videos/22B61C0F-D65E-5286-A3B5-CD1A38A094F0

10. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    AC Nagano 0 Beleza 0..... WWC 2019....Kobayashi injured....Sakaguchi the elder nowhere to be seen

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh, my!!! Critically injured? Needing to be dropped from the WWC roster? :eek:

12. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Ueki also injured, looked like more serious.:cry:

13. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

Nadeshiko League
    Jef 0-0 Inac
    Nagano 0-0 Beleza
    Mynavi (Sumida) 1-1 Albi (Kamionobe)
    Iga (Michigami) 1-2 Urawa (Sugasawa, Seike)

Nadeshiko League 2
    Yamato 0-1 Orca (Muraoka)
    Ehime (Ueno 2, Ohya) 3-0 Nippatsu
    Setagaya (Kashiwabara, Umezu) 2-2 Harima (Katsurama, Shinbori)
    Bunnys 0-0 Chifure

Challenge League East
    NORD (Mitsuhori, Marugata) 2-2 Jumonji (Noguchi 2)
    Tokiwagi (Okino) 1-2 Niigata (Murakami, Tanaka)
    JFA (Ohta, Kadowaki) 2-0 Tsukuba

Challenge League West
    Ange Violet (Kanda, Kondo) 2-1 Cerezo Girls (Kawagishi)
    Nagoya (Hasegawa) 1-2 Belle (Adachi, Ichikawa)

14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Just when the World Cup's roster had been finalized and looked exciting. :cry:

In the case one of the players has to be left home, how much time Takakura has to have a new call? In case of need she could recur to the "training partners" (Miyazawa, for instance)?

pierre bezukhov repped this.
  15. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Has not started a game for Beleza, but is going to the world cup. It is a very poor decision to take her. I hope I am proved wrong.

The Ueki injury looked bad, but you just don't know. Maybe she will be fit for the world cup. I think Kobayashi will be okay, but I will check the Japanese news sites tomorrow.

Yokoyama looked good today, though she probably could do with passing the ball a bit more. But she looks really fit and strong. That is a good thing looking at the world cup.

16. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    A match-day with many draws of course favours the few teams that win (in this case Urawa, catching up with Beleza at the top, although the goal difference is warped by Beleza's 11-0 win vs Nittaidai, and Nojima, gaining one position over Iga) and unfavours those that lose (Nittaidai and Iga :unsure:).

Kiko Seike's goal at 90'+3' :eek: was huge for Urawa, and was hard for Kunoichis who had gone ahead early with Michigami.

Ehime wins again with former NT members Mami Ueno and Ayumi Oya: could it be their year? Orca, anyway, keeps them in sight, by grinding out an away win with a PK by Mami Muraoka. :ninja:

I always like to underline when Fumina Katsurama scores! :giggle:

Belle's away win vs leaders of NGU Nagoya was quite unexpected! :eek:

(Are all of these names correct? Tokiwagi: Ruseri Okino; Niigata: Nao Murakami, Miwa Tanaka; JFA: Moe Ota, Mai Kadowaki; Cerezo: Emika Kawagishi)

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  18. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    According to the JFA webpage, Rumi and Kumagai are to join 5/27.
    http://www.jfa.jp/eng/news/00021198/

blissett repped this.
  19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  20. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Iga vs Urawa highlight:

21. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    blissett and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  22. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I hope next year I have my two favorite teams in Division 1 (Yes, I like Ehime because of the men's team and her mascots, I can't resist to one frog and 2 oranges :p )

blissett repped this.
  23. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    The Sakaguchi situation is hard to fathom....Either she is fit or she is not fit....If she is fit to play why haven't Beleza played her?
    If Takakura is taking her in the hope she can play a half or an half hour when needed that is not good enough to warrant her selection.
    As much as a firm fan that I am (she's practically a diety in my household) I think the decision to take any unfit player (if that is indeed the case) is a poor decision.

Kakeru, pierre bezukhov and blissett repped this.
  24. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Tomorrow's games:

Nadeshiko League Cup
    Group A
    Nittaidai vs Nagano 13:00

Nadeshiko League 2 Cup
    Group A
    Setagaya vs Yamato 13:30

Challenge League West
    Cerezo Girls vs Speranza 13:00

Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.