Official 2019 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, I've got the feeling that USWNT, despite being #1 ranked in the world aren't going to win this WWC, with the shaky defense they have. I could be wrong, they could play with such a grit and a never-say-die attitude that they could simply outscore their opponent as they recently did in their friendly 5-3 win vs Australia, but I've got the feeling that, when they're going to meet top teams like France or Germany it won't be enough. :coffee:

By the way, since the game aren't on mycujoo anymore, the only choice is going back and forth on YouTube highlights to find the goals? I won't always have the time to do that... :unsure:

A guy from Sevilla who regularly follows Real Betis women's team, @Tapas&Fútbol, recently joined BigSoccer, so I asked him about Erina Yamane; here's what he answered me:

What do you say, guys? Should we bring Yamane in France? And, in general, which GKs would you bring? Give three names (with motivations, if you want).

For me, I hate to say that but Stambaugh can't be considered until she remains Takenaka's reserve in INAC (it's a shame because she's the most promising young GK we have and I'd like her to taste the big stage, although she already did when she was our 1st choice at U-20 WWC last year): so, maybe she will get a chance next year for Olympics 2020.

No matter how much error-prone she is, I'd bring Yamashita. Hirao, despite her questionable technique with high balls, could be a decent shot-stopper, as she recently showed vs Germany. But I am not sold on Ikeda: more than decent, sure, but also nothing special at all: Yamane, at her place, would at least have her height by her side, that could become relevant in some games.

I can't really think of anyone else: other 1st Division GKs, as INAC's Rei Takenaka or Vegalta's Ayaka Saito, despite having been invited to camps by Takakura, don't seem better than the ones discussed above. We don't really have old veterans available anymore (Miho Fukumoto is 35 and, although she started some games with Chifure in this season, I don't think she can compete on the international stage anymore). And, finally, the young promising GKs that we saw in action with our most successfull Youth National Teams have the same problem that Stambaugh has, they don't play enough: Mamiko Matsumoto is reserve to Ikeda in Urawa and Momoko Tanaka even plays in 2nd Division with Yamato (by the way, she started the first two games of the season, then she wasn't even on the bench: injured? :cautious:).

So my choice would be bringing Yamane, not because she's much better than other GKs, but because she would bring a completely different set of skills, that could reveal usuful at some time.
    My choice: Yamashita, Yamane and one between Hirao and Ikeda, with a slight preference for Hirao, but actually also depending on the form they show in these first matchdays of Nadeshiko League.

KAPIJXM and Lechus7 repped this.
  2. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    I think you can watch the full game.

sbahnhof, HS10Legend and blissett repped this.
  3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, I didn't have the time to wach the full game, but I gave a look at Minamino's goal: how could Yamashita fall to the same exact lob twice? At first I though that the second one was just a replay of the first... o_O

4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    International update:

- NWSL: Seattle Reign-Orlando Pride 1-1. This time Utsugi basically played the full game (she was subbed-out at 90' only) and even had a reasonable chance with a header in 2nd half. Don't miss Orlando's goal at the beginning of the game: it's worth watching.
    Highlights: http://www.nwslsoccer.com/videos/A57D9813-99FC-71E4-2FCA-435B985EDC53

- Frauen-Bundesliga: on Saturday, 1.FFC Frankfurt-SC Freiburg 0-0. Hikaru Naomoto wasn't intended to be a starter, but she was subbed-in at 11' (for an injury of a team-mate, I suppose) and proceeded to play the rest of the game. Freiburg stand now in 6th position in the rankings. On Sunday, 1.FFC Turbine Potsdam-Borussia Mönchengladbach 6-0, but the good news are that Keiko Kodama was subbed in in 2nd half, so she's recovered from her previous injury! :) Let's hope she will end her season on a high note. Her team won't, and of course keep being dead-last in the league. :unsure:

- Yesterday in Spain: Real Sociedad-Real Betis 1-0, with Yamane on the bench (at this rate, if she doesn't play, it will be difficult for her to grab a WWC spot! :unsure:); Granadilla Tenerife-Fundacion Albacete 1-0, with both Hitomi Tanaka and Tomo Matsukawa on the pitch for Albacete, that now face relegation being last-ranked in the league (along with two other teams).

- Division 1 Féminine was on break, but OL played yesterday the first leg of the UEFA Women's Champions' League's semi-final vs Chelsea. The result was a 2-1 win for OL, with Chelsea's goal leaving everything open for the 2nd leg. Kumagai was subbed-in for Fishlock at 81' only. I didn't find any highlights that weren't geo-blocked yet.

- in Austria, Wacker Innsbruck will play a match today. The previous ones were an away win by 0-3 (with a Shiho Tomari's goal) and an home loss by 1-2. :coffee:

- Has anyone any news about how Japanese players in South Korean league did so far? :p

KAPIJXM and unepommekun repped this.
  5. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  6. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Yeah she certainly comes off her line way too early. Both goals though by Minamino were very good, especially the first one. Pinpoint accuracy.

Beleza looked good. There were times in the second half where they were walking through the Nojima midfield. It looked really bad for Nojima. It looked so bad that I think Beleza took their foot off the gas, because they felt sorry for them.

Maybe they know that if they win the league easily again they (people that run Nadeshiko League) might make it harder for them to acquire all the young talent. I really want to know how it works, because it does seem to favour one team. I would just like to see a bit more balance to the league.

Having said that though, Nojima were poor. I personally blame the formation. They went with a 4-4-2 and they just gave Beleza so much space in midfield at times. Beleza were able to get in between midfield and defence too easily. Nojima had been playing a 4-3-3 the last two matches and I thought they looked okay, just playing without much luck, so I think they should have stuck with it.

I am hoping Yoko Tanaka gets to start again soon, because Nakano has not really done much and she has taken her position.

Ohno played really well and Oga was very good at right back. I think Oga should go to the world cup. I am a convert.

7. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    The most young talents have joined Inac, while Beleza has relied on their own youth members for these years. So I've been a little surprised with that they acquired Miyazawa, Kobayashi and Endo.:p

So I think the one who is responsible for the current situation is Inac who can't cleverly use their talents, not Beleza.

blissett repped this.
  8. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    For me is almost the same that one team dominated one league that the same 2 teams every year dominate the same league.

9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I guess the update about today's match in Austria is worth posting, not only because of good Japanese news, but also for the fun-factor.

FC Südburgerland-FC Wacker Innsbruck ended 2-2: it's not a good result for Innsbruck, because the other team was the last-placed out of the 10 teams playing Austrian Frauen-Bundesliga. :unsure: Shiho Tomari didn't score, but Marin Fujisawa did! :) And she even scored twice, but it can't actually be called a brace, because, ehm... one of the goals was scored against the wrong team. :oops: Yes, Fujisawa scored a goal and an own-goal in the same match! :p
    See for yourself the live ticker in this page! :laugh: (For records: the final equalizer for Innsbruck was an own-goal too. :D So one goal and one own-goal apiece for each team: perfect parity)

Lechus7 and unepommekun repped this.
  10. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  11. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Tomorrow's games:

Nadeshiko League (every game starts at 13:00)
    Mynavi vs Urawa
    Nittaidai vs Jef
    Nojima vs Inac
    Albi vs Beleza
    Iga vs Nagano

Nadeshiko League 2
    Harima vs Cerezo 13:00
    Chifure vs Nippatsu 14:00
    Bunnys vs Ehime 14:00

Challenge League East
    Tsukuba vs Tokiwagi 13:00

Challenge League West
    Cerezo Girls vs Speranza 13:00
    Belle vs Ange Violet 13:00

12. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
  13. frohike

frohike Member

Japan
    Aug 6, 2015
    Spain
    HS10Legend and KAPIJXM repped this.
  14. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, saying that I am excited doesn't describe it enough! :p

It seems impossible to me that, after 4 years, we're actually so close to World Cup.

I wonder if Takakura will go all-in with the "youngsters" route or if she will rely again a lot on veterans or mid-veterans. Of course it will be important to know if there are players who aren't physically ok. :unsure: Can't wait to know the names of the 23.

HS10Legend repped this.
  16. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    #941 unepommekun, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    Today's result:

Nadeshiko League
    Mynavi 0-2 Urawa (Sugasawa, Sasaki Mayu)
    Iga 0-0 Nagano
    Albi (Yamaya, Ishibuchi, Saeki) 3-2 Beleza (Doko, Ueki)
    Nittaidai 0-2 Jef (Nishikawa, Ohtaki)
    Nojima (Nakano) 1-0 Inac

Nadeshiko League 2
    Harima (Kojima) 1-0 Cerezo
    Chifure (Nishizawa) 1-0 Nippatsu
    Bunnys 0-2 Ehime (Ohya, Yamaguchi)

Challenge League East
    Tsukuba (Toyoshima, OG) 2-0 Tokiwagi

Challenge League West
    Cerezo Girls (Kihara, Kitahara) 2-4 Speranza (Miyaji, Watanabe, Kitahara 2)
    Belle (Ogawa) 1-2 Ange Violet (Kawasaki, Tsunemasu)

17. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Nojima got their second win of the season! They needed it, because they have a tough run of games.

Inac do not look very good at the moment. They seem to have no clear system and looked dependant on their very talented individuals to pull them through the game rather than the team working together. Again this is my opinion based on this game, so it might just have been a bad game for them.

Sameshima played in central defence today with Ushijima playing at left back. Iwabuchi looked dangerous, but never really had any good chances on goal. I hope she continues to improve her fitness and stays healthy.

Matsubara played very well for Nojima today in midfield. She - according to the commentator - wants to play in central defence. Minamino was brilliant today and Nakano had a good game; given how many chances she has been given she was due.

No Yoko Tanaka;-.(

Well done to Niigata for knocking off Beleza. As I said last week I think that Beleza's defence is not the best and can be exposed, but you have to try and stop them from scoring which is pretty difficult.

18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, quite interesting results, to say the least!!! Both Beleza and INAC losing their games? Unheard of! :eek:

As I said before, Beleza's and INAC's performances have me a little worried, considering how much they contribute to our National Team... Are the players, consciouly or not, keeping their engines low and sparing energies for the World Cup, or do we have to actually worry about their current form? :cautious:

It looks like it could be Urawa's year: they look quite reliable, and what @unepommekun recently revealed about their new coach could be what they needed to become (again) a winning team.

I am a Yoko Tanaka's fan as well, but as soon as you thrash Nakano, she scores the winner vs INAC (her second goal of the season)! :giggle:

Manchester Nadeshiko and Lechus7 repped this.
  19. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I think while they play 4-4-2 Yoko does not have much chance of replacing Nakano. Yoko is not really a winger, so she will just have to sit on the bench and come on at the end of the match. The thing is when she does come on she still plays out on the wing, because she replaces Nakano. The manager does not change the formation.

Even when they played 4-5-1 (4-3-3) Yoko did not even start! Five midfielders and she did not start! Unbelievable!

I think they are going to stick with 4-4-2, but I could be wrong. I just think with 4-5-1, or 4-3-3 Nojima are a much better way to utilise the squad, but what do I know?

I am sorry I talk way too much about Nojima.

20. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I would not worry about it too much. The key players seem to be playing alright. Hasegawa was very good last week, though not in the position she will play for Nadeshiko. Maybe Takakura will play her more centrally?

It is interesting how many players who play for Nadeshiko play in different positions for their club teams. Even Nakajima today was playing more centrally for Inac. Kumagai when she plays for Lyon is usually a holding midfielder, instead of central defence. I am all for "total football", but it is nice to have some continuity.

21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No worries, because:

1) I quite like Nojima (and Tanayo) too.

2) it's nice that everyone here, beyond supporting Nadeshiko Japan and Nadeshiko League in general, has his/her favourite team: KAPIJXM talks a lot about Iga, unepommekun talks a lot about Beleza, I talk a lot about INAC... :) It's nice because it's not like many rivalries in men's football, where people get very heated about their own clubs: here, everyone loves and supports all Nadeshiko players, but also has one or more clubs that are a little closer to his/her heart.
    I think this enriches this thread and the discussion here a lot! :)

By the way, this year we would need some Urawa's or Albi's fans, here! :giggle:

22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, I can hear you! It's true that players would need to be played in the roles they will play in NT (although some very experienced ones, like Kumagai, by now don't miss a beat in defense even when they're played in the midfield a whole season).

On the other hand, it's somehow good that we can count on many very versatile players, not only because it's an advantage in a long and demanding tournament like a World Cup, but also because Takakura showed in the past that she likes to move players in different roles, if needed. I can't forget how, at U-17 WWC in Costa Rica, she played FW Rana Okuma in defense as a CB, with amazingly good results! :eek:

Lechus7 repped this.
  23. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    In fact, I'm most worried about Kobayashi who has not been even on the bench for these two games. No info...

24. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's games:

Nadeshiko League 2
    Yamato vs Shizuoka 13:00
    Setagaya vs Orca 13:30

Challenge League East
    Niigata vs NORD 11:00
    Jumonji vs JFA 13:00

Challenge League West
    Kibi vs Nagoya 13:00

25. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    This season I'm rooting for Urawa :D

Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.