Official 2019 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thanks, I had known about Uchiyama in the past, but then I had basically lost her track.

In the past, Italian league even had some high-profile players in it: former NT member Emi Yamamoto, with Napoli, I guess in 2012-2013, and former NTV Beleza's GK Miku Matsubayashi, with Fiorentina, for a pair of seasons, around 2013-2014 if I remember well.

I went to the stadium twice to watch Yamamoto, at the time (when her club was playing away in Northern Italy), and I even talked with her and had her photo and autograph. :)

sbahnhof repped this.
  3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I've got a ticket for JPN-ARG and I should be in Paris to watch it (not sure at 100% at the moment, but about 90%: had it been a Sunday instead of a Monday I could have been sure).

It could be a chance to know each other, @Lechus7! :)

Lechus7 repped this.
  4. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

Nadeshiko League
    Jef (Kamogawa) 1-0 Mynavi
    Nagano (Takikawa, Suzuki) 2-3 Nittaidai (Kono 3)
    Inac 0-1 Iga (Ogawa)

Nadeshiko League 2
    Nippatsu (Hirakawa, Sakamoto, Nagashima) 3-0 Yamato
    Cerezo (Tanaka, Takarada) 2-1 Chifure (Nagano)
    Ehime (Nakamatsu) 1-0 Setagaya

Challenge League West
    Speranza (Watanabe, Morisako, Asano, Miyaji) 4-0 Kibi
    Ange Violet (Kanda) 1-2 Cerezo Girls (Takawa, Kitahara)

5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ok, let's follow the progression: that's a quite ordinary result, especially giving Vegalta's inconsistency in the last two seasons. :coffee:

... This result can raise some eyebrows instead! :eek: Nittadai with their first win of the season (including Nadeshiko League Cup) and it's a resounding away win with three goals scored? Wow!

And Fuka Kono is the queen of the day with a hat-trick! I always liked this player, since she gave U-17 WWC to us in 2014 by scoring the 2nd goal that killed the match in the final vs Spain. Back when Nittaidai had Shoko Uemura as central striker, Kono couldn't actually find enough playing time: now that Uemura transferred to Red Ladies and the team decided to give her a starting role, Kono can really show something. At the moment, she leads Nadeshiko League top-scorers rankings with 4 goals.

...but the most surprising result is this one!!! Iga scored at 90' only, but, after this win and the draw vs Beleza at 2nd match-day, you even wonder if Kunoichis have to be considered contenders for the title. Maybe it's too early for that, but for sure they came back in Division 1 to stay!

Or I wonder if this speaks more about INAC's decline than about Kunoichis' strength... :cautious: Since INAC have so many National Team members in their roster (Sameshima, Miyake, Nakajima, Iwabuchi, maybe some more depending on Takakura's choices), you have to be a little worried by their performance, as much as you tend to be when you consider that Kumi Yokoyama, another NT prominent name, just scored 1 goal in 4 games so far and her club, Nagano, stands in the last position in Nadeshiko League... :unsure:

On the other hand, is it possible that NT members' conditioning has been adjusted to have them peek in June-July? :cautious: Anyway you look at it, if our top players don't deliver on the domestic stage, it's hard to think that they will do at WWC...

Meanwhile, Fuka Nagano sadly sits in 2nd Division, and her goal is not enough to beat her U-20 Champion colleague Saori Takarada. :unsure:

Division 2 will be an hard-fought battle, as always: every single point, every single goal will count and it will be tooth and nail. :ninja:

Lechus7 and unepommekun repped this.
  6. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Tomorrow's games:

Nadeshiko League
    Urawa vs Albi 14:00
    Beleza vs Nojima 14:00

Nadeshiko League 2
    Orca vs Harima 13:00
    Shizuoka vs Bunnys 14:00

Challenge League East
    Tokiwagi vs Niigata 11:00
    Jumonji vs NORD 11:00
    JFA vs Tsukuba 14:00

Challenge League West
    Nagoya vs Belle 15:00

Lechus7, KAPIJXM and blissett repped this.
  7. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Kunoichi strikes :ninja:

Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Eh eh, these are good times for a Kunoichi supporter like you! Two seasons ago you had to witness Iga's relegation, but they subsequently had a record-season in Division 2 in 2018 and now it looks like they want to be the sensation of this 2019 Nadeshiko League!

I even wonder if Takakura could be tempted to consider some Iga's player (Ami Sugita?) for the WWC roster...

KAPIJXM repped this.
  9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I just bought the album to collect 2019 WWC Panini stickers. Actually it was a "starter pack" containing the album and five boosters with five stickers each.

I was hoping to find Sameshima as my first Japanese sticker :D, but... I actually found no Japanese player out of 25 stickers. :unsure: Ok, the whole collection was 479 stickers, so the chances of opening a Japanese in five boosters weren't very high, but I feel it isn't a good omen anyway (for records: I didn't find any Italian either :x3:).

It's interesting that these stickers' collections have to be published months ahead of the official rosters, so it's funny that they always contain some player who won't actually be at the World Cup (for instance Italian CB Cecilia Salvai, who ruptured her ACL some weeks ago) and they are missing some others who could even happen to be unexpected stars at the tournament.

That's one of the reason why the album doesn't try to guess the whole 23 players roster, but only have 17 players per team (basically the 11 starters and a bench). Of course, they try to put the most likely lock-in on the pages of the album. Are you curious to know which players Panini chose as the 17 "lock-in" for Japan? :D
    Well, I won't make any comment, I'll just write it down for you:
    GK: Ayaka Yamashita
    DF: Rumi Utsugi, Risa Shimizu, Aya Samashima, Saki Kumagai, Shiori Miyake, Nana Ichise, Saori Ariyoshi
    MF: Rin Sumida, Mizuho Sakaguchi, Emi Nakajima, Yui Hasegawa, Moeno Sakaguchi
    FW: Rika Masuya, Mana Iwabuchi, Mina Tanaka, Yuika Sugasawa
    (I has said "no comment", but i don't resist this one: yes, no Kumi Yokoyama!)

Lechus7, unepommekun and KAPIJXM repped this.
  10. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Really? :whistling:

I want to start my own collection too, maybe we can exchange some stickers ;)

blissett repped this.
  11. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #912 blissett, Apr 20, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    I don't even look at the selection, and I say: Homare Sawa in 2011 final, hands down!

(But I already well know all the US fans will vote for Looyd 2015 by a landslide :unsure:)

13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I wonder if we should open a thread about that in the Women's World Cup section of Women's International boards...

14. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    I watched Iga vs Inac.
    Michigami was a key player for Iga in a sense. Iga made a lot of chances by taking advantage of her powerful ball keeping ability. And of course their strong back lines managed to prevent Inac's strong attacks.

Inac made several clear chances breaking through Iga's high line, but they lacked final power to score (Masuya, Yoshida and Iwabuchi).

15. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    For me perfect.

16. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Note:
    26th April marks final date to send FIFA provisional player list (min. 23 - max. 50 players)
    (not relased for public)

Final player list deadline isn't known yet. 23 players on the final list must be chosen from the players on the provisional list.

A player listed on the final list may be replaced by a player from the provisional list only in the event of serious injury or illness up until 24 hours before the kick-off of her team’s first match.

blissett and unepommekun repped this.
  17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I did it! :D

18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Is the provisional list going to be made public or is it just an "internal" FIFA document? Although I am quite sure that Takakura will use all of the 50 spots she has available, it would be interesting to know who's definitely out.
    (For instance, although I don't envision Nagasato being called in the 23, since she was never called in NT in years, I would be curious to know if she will be listed in the 50 as a vague possibility or not).

19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    A very interesting case of "revenge" (in a sport sense): a player that had a hard time finding a starting spot in a team becomes a key-player in another club and becomes instrumental in beating her former team. :coffee:

I actually never had time to watch a full INAC game this season: what do you think of Nagisa Yoshida, unepomme? Did she integrate well in INAC? Does she look ready to play in a top Division 1 team?

20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    NWSL update:

- Sky Blue FC-Houston Dash 0-1: Sky Blue FC were actually unlucky with the late goal, but they had basically being kept in the game by their GK, who made multiple outstanding saves. Nahomi Kawasumi will surely have a hard time in New Jersey this season. She had a chance, but I have to say that it didn't seem to me that she had the sense uf urgency in converting it that I would have expected from her. She was subbed out at 85', soon after the goal.
    Highlights: http://www.nwslsoccer.com/videos/FBC1DAA5-E14C-670B-D990-3D583B69BFD9

- Brilliant display by Yuki Nagasato instead: she had a brace (the first one from PK) in a spectacular 4-4 draw :eek::eek::eek: between Chicago Red Stars and Portland Thorns. Yuki scored the final equalizer for her team, so she was in a sense the hero of the day (responding to an hat-trick for Sinclair in Portland).
    Highlights: http://www.nwslsoccer.com/videos/499E12CF-A101-1114-EBEC-3CF00C76D4C7

Rumi Utsugi and Seattle Reign will play on Monday an home match vs Orlando Pride.

Lechus7 and unepommekun repped this.
  21. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    I feel she seems to be somewhat physically weak, lacking enough pace in this level, her height has some advantage in the middle zone and she has some sense as a footballer though.

blissett repped this.
  22. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

Nadeshiko League
    Urawa (Sugasawa, Ando) 2-0 Albi
    Beleza (Tanaka 2, Miyagawa, Endo) 4-2 Nojima (Minamino 2)

Nadeshiko League 2
    Orca (Nakajima 2, Shono, Muraoka) 4-0 Harima
    Shizuoka 0-3 Bunnys (Yamamoto, Taniguchi, Matsuda)

Challenge League East
    Tokiwagi 0-1 NIigata (Shinohara)
    Jumonji (Sugihara 2) 2-0 NORD
    JFA 0-0 Tsukuba

Challenge League West
    Nagoya (Kato Momo 2, Fukui) 3-0 Belle

23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Kozue Ando scores again at almost 37! :geek: (Her birthday in July)

I wonder how much she will go on. Brilliant. :giggle:

Minamino, with her first two goals of the season, makes it a little less embarassing for Nojima, but they're not doing well in this beginning of season.

The big green machine looks like they want to dominate another season instead. Urawa cling to them one point behind, but there is already a three points gap between Beleza and the duo of INAC and surprising Iga. We're going to see if it will remain this way.
    Just out of curiosity: NWSL will play some matchdays during WWC; any Nadeshiko League or Nadeshiko League Cup game is scheduled in June, with the National Team members away in France? :cautious:

Jun Endo scored her second of the season already: it looks like she blended in seamlessly from JFA Academy to the #1 team in Japan. What do you say, guys, is she even ready for the biggest stage? Should Takakura bring her to France, yes or no?

Wow, Orca Kamogawa have now 4 wins out of 4 matchdays, with 9 goal scored and no goal against! :eek: If these first matchdays are any reliable indication, they're going to completely dominate this season.

On the other hand Shizuoka Sangyo University have an opposite record :unsure:: after 4 matchdays, they have 4 losses, 0 goals scored and 10 goals against. Even Bunnys, who had no points so far in the league, travel to Shizuoka and bludgeon them (like they had already done in Nadeshiko League Cup some weeks ago).

All in all, looks like the first and the last position of Division 2 are already taken for this season. Very early to say, I know, but there are quite obvious trends to these two teams... :coffee:

Sad Belle. :unsure: At least they had a 0-0 draw last week vs Speranza, so they have 1 point.

It'll be quite annoying for all of you, guys, but in these first matchdays I'll have to check the first names of some Division 2 or Challenge League players that I can't find in rosters of these season (or of the previous one):
    - in the last season Bunnys had a Yumi Yamamoto, but the traslator gives me Hiromi Yamamoto as the name of today's scorer: which one is right?
    - are the first name of this Challenge League scorers of today correct? Kanami Watanabe, Asuka Miyaji, Ryoka Takawa, Saya Shinohara.

Lechus7 repped this.
  24. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Yamamoto Yumi
    Takawa Serika

blissett repped this.
  25. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Internal use only
    Nagasato indeed was an outstanding player, her chemistry with Kerr is unparalleled in the league.
    This high scoring match was quite entertaining to watch but....8 goals game with 4 USWNT defenders on the pitch? I bet Ellis isn't quite happy...
    Roughly between 20th and 40th minute of first half Kawasumi had a CK clerance and one touch and that's it. She was working a lot, showing herself in good positions but nobody would play her. Partially because of poor skills of players around her (2 or 3 of them had basic technical problems, or were unable to pass the ball in the run :rolleyes:) I think she was pretty much resigned at the end of the match. I was also under impression that Lloyd (she missed PK) wasn't much intrested to play her at times. Does she feel threatened by Kawasumi arrival?:unsure:
    Belza was 4-0 at 75th min. Minamino pulled two back...but watch Yamashita again - both times she was caught miles into no man's land..:cautious:

pierre bezukhov and blissett repped this.