Official 2019 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I won't add my general comment to the tournament: basically I already did in sparse posts in the previous pages and many people (@pierre bezukhov, @HS10Legend, @Lechus7, @hirohiro and many others) had their take on it and said many interesting things.

I guess it's time to start throwing our roster predictions, instead, as @Lechus7 did! :) In the end, this is what it will be about for us, in these last months leading to WWC. Not that we have a say in Takakura's decision, of course, but, if this is the place to talk about Nadeshiko Japan, what subject can be more interesting in the weeks to come than trying to guess the squad to bring to France?

And then, don't they say that sometimes media can have at least some minimal influence in coaches' choices? And aren't we a piece of media after all? :p BigSoccer, the name itself gives it away, is "big" in women's soccer. So, who knows? Maybe Takakura reads us. :laugh: Hello, Asako, if you're reading! :geek:

Of course, upcoming Nadeshiko League will give us further indications about the state of form of various players who could make the roster. I want to think about it some more before writing down my names, but I guess SheBelieves Cup already told us what many others said in previous posts: some of the youngsters are promising (or even very promising) but most of them, even if they're maybe close, aren't up there yet. A pair of them, though, who showed good quality, could end making the roster.

Please, feel free to post your non-commital initial March-prediction for the final roster! :giggle:

2. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Regarding having no say in Takakura’s decisions.... Remember the time when Sameshima was not called anymore by Sasaki? Takakura was still training the U-20 at the time. When I met her at the friendly vs Germany I reminded her that the senior team needs the Shark when she takes over. She was surprised I new Sameshima. It feels funny to see her as a key player after that little talk...of course she didn’t need the reminder...
    I also let some people from her staff - and Kei Matsubara - know about this little group here... So who knows...

3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, be careful of what we are writing here, guys: we could end making the team for the World Cup! :laugh:;)

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  4. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    Stop using 4-4-2. Stop using 4-4-2. Stop using 4-4-2. Stop using 4-4-2. Stop using 4-4-2. ...
    [​IMG]

frideswide, Kakeru and blissett repped this.
  5. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    England use 4-4-2 and won the tournament ;)

HS10Legend and blissett repped this.
  6. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    If everybody uses 4-4-2 and no players deviate from the norm the fittest physical team usually wins. Which was England this time. There are tools to dominate a bog standard 4-4-2 opponent regardless of the physicality, and Japanese players have them, but the 4-4-2 forced on themselves makes them underused.

Kakeru and unepommekun repped this.
  7. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I thought they played a 4-2-3-1 which at times looked like a 4-3-3. Formations are always hard to read for me, because the players are never static and change their position during the game. But 4-4-2 can look like 4-2-3-1 or vice versa.

I still think Nadeshiko should play 4-2-3-1, but what do I know?

I think Nadeshiko play 4-4-2 because they are adherents of Arrigo Sacchi who believed that 4-4-2 is the best system for teams to play as a collective. He believed that the team is greater than the individual and 4-4-2 is perfect for bringing that out as long as everybody works hard and tracks back to press and defend.

Here is an article by Jonathan Wilson about the demise of 4-4-2 if anybody is interested. It is a bit old (ten years!), but still quite interesting.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2008/dec/18/4231-442-tactics-jonathan-wilson

8. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Also I just watched the highlights of the England/Japan game again and seriously that tackle from Christiansen on Shimizu was a red card. I mean she did not even get a yellow for it! It seems in women's football, players seem to get away with really bad tackles.

I forgot to mention after the game, but the English do lunge a lot into tackles and I can see opposition players getting injured. Of course the will any of the English get booked...I wonder.

9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I can understand the criticism to Takakura for sticking to 4-4-2 (although in a post from last year I had defended that, especially because in my opinion you have to use the system that best suits the players available to you; moreover, 4-2-2 lets us play both Yokoyama and Iwabuchi, while other formations wouldn't), but for all the blame she takes it for being so un-flexible, I guess we should recognize that she tries some different solutions from time to time. I could be wrong, but vs Brazil didn't we play with a sort of 4-3-3, at least for long stints of the game?

In my understanding, Japan's line-up in that game, from left to right, was:
    Yamane
    Ariyoshi --- Oga --- Minami --- Miyagawa
    Sakaguchi --- Utsugi --- Nakajima
    Yokoyama --- Ikejiri --- Momiki

(and I guess the boatload of changes in 2nd half, Sameshima, Hasegawa, Endo and Kobayashi respectively for Ariyoshi, Sakaguchi, Yokoyama and Ikejiri, and later on Sugita for Utsugi, didn't actually chenge that scheme)

Please, someone correct me if I am wrong, because sometimes reading formations is hard for me too.

HS10Legend, KAPIJXM and pierre bezukhov repped this.
  10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    On Women's World Cup's boards, someone opened a thread for new National Teams' kits for the WWC. Do we already know what Nadeshiko Japan will wear? :cautious:

11. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    For me they were playing a 4-4-2 for that game, though I will admit that at times it looked like a 3-5-2 and 4-3-3. Because they move and change positions throughout the game.

But I thought it was:
    Yamane
    Ariyoshi---Oga---Minami---Miyagawa
    Sakaguchi---Nakajima---Utsugi---Momiki
    Yokoyama---Ikejiri

Again I am like you I am not 100% sure.

KAPIJXM, blissett and HS10Legend repped this.
  12. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Japan 11th March 2011

In remembrance of all those who perished and all those who's lives were changed forever on that terrible day.

dakota701, HS10Legend, KAPIJXM and 4 others repped this.
  13. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    News of "Nadeshiko League Channel on You Tube" on Nadeshiko League site.
    (Machine translation not very good but looks promising...cant seem to download the link in En Lang)
    Perhaps Japanese or Japan based contributors could enlighten us

HS10Legend, blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  14. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Two games of Nadeshiko League a week in You Tube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCImu8qJ7v1TOdZFe7JbFbxw)

All of Nadeshiko League Cup, Nadeshiko League 2, Nadeshiko League 2 Cup and some of Challenge League in mycujoo.

15. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    While waiting for Japan's WWC official kit...a blast from the past :ROFLMAO:
    [​IMG]

blissett repped this.
  16. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #591 Lechus7, Mar 17, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    Nadeshiko League press conference

Info on matches streamed live this month here:
    http://www.nadeshikoleague.jp/broadcast/archives/201903.html

Nadeshiko League 1 on youtube なでしこリーグチャンネル channel
    https://www.youtube.com/user/nadeshikoleague1
    (2 games per week)
    1st leg
    Urawa Reds vs. AC Nagano Parceiro
    NTV Beleza vs. JEF United
    (suppousedly all INAC home games streamed also on their youtube official INACTVweb channel)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtgWx7bg34p0mJ86-_Be5qA

Nadeshiko League 2 all games on mycujoo.tv

17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am getting old! :unsure: I must admit I didn't recognize all of the captains in the video...
    I guess I nailed most of them, though (it helped that some were the same as last season); it should be, from left to right:
    - Chiaki Shimada (Nittaidai)
    - Kumi Yokoyama (Nagano)
    - ??? (Albirex)
    - ??? (Nojima... here @pierre bezukhov surely can help)
    - Mina Tanaka (Beleza)
    - Miyabi Moriya (INAC) :eek: I'd say this one was quite unexpected: isn't she quite young to be the captain?
    - Hanae Shibata (Urawa)(I so want her to have a good season!)
    - Saki Ueno (JEF)
    - Sawako Yasumoto (Vegalta)(probably the older captain of the league?)
    - Ami Sugita (Iga)

So, it already starts this week? Hey, I am not ready!!! :eek: Wait!!!

It would greatly help if @Sirtel could provide complete Nadeshiko League full rosters, as he did last season.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: We followed all of the relevant transfers through @unepommekun's posts, but I would like to have a list of the players of each team anyway.

KAPIJXM repped this.
  18. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Albi - Nakamura Kaede
    Nojima - Kojima Minami

blissett repped this.
  19. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
  20. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Miyabi is 22. It will help her to grow to have this kind of responsibility. Good to see her back on the pitch. I am still hoping that she will be part of senior team.

blissett repped this.
  21. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    blissett repped this.
  22. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  23. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    I'm curious about if Ueki, Miyazawa and Nagano are selected.

blissett repped this.
  24. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    GK: Ikeda, Yamashita, Hirao
    DF: Sameshima, Kumagai, Miyake, Matsubara, Ohga, Minami, Shimizu
    MF: Naomoto, Nakajima, Sugita, Miura, Hasegawa, Momiki, Miyagawa
    FW: Sugasawa, Miyazawa, Ueki, Endo, Kobayashi, Yokoyama