Official 2019 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    They say that the new League seems to start from September to the next spring.

2. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Inac gets Gert Engels (who was coaches or assistant coaches of J League several clubs) as its coach.

3. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Tomorrow's game:

Empress's Cup third round
    Beleza vs Nippatsu 18:30

4. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Yeah I saw that. I wonder how many Asians will get selected?

Her is a list of players from Asia I think the Guardian experts will choose:

Saki Kumagai
    Ji-So Yun
    Wang Shuang
    Mana Iwabuchi
    Hina Sugita
    Sam Kerr
    Elli Carpenter
    Yuki Nagasato
    Alanna Kennedy

maybe Yui Hasegawa

Am I missing anybody?

I can not think of anybody else after that who might be chosen. To be honest the Asian teams did not cover themselves in glory at this year's world cup, so it is understandable.

If I was choosing I would also include:
    Emi Nakajima
    Risa Shimizu

and of course Yoko Tanaka ;)

5. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    About Guardian and Offside Rule ranking:

Voting panel of 93 judges from 44 countries.
    93 judges are drawn from around the world as follows: Africa 8, Asia 14, Europe 44, North and Central America 14, South America 12.

The idea is admirable and really needed for promoting WoSo, but...

I took a brief look on this panel of experts (players, managers, press people) and the reality is that in general experts form "western countries" still dominate "non-western" experts in ratio rougly 70:30. Take a peak on managers list - only 6 names that are working outside "western" countries.

I wouldn't expect big number of Asian, African or South American players to make the list beside the most popular names.

30% of FIFA top 10 is non-western countries.
    Let's see if they'll get at least 30 names outside of Europe and North America on this list.

I wouldn't hold my breath ;)

Also, initially there were errors in Sugasawa's no.93 entry - which were partially corrected after I pointed this out to one of the article writers.

6. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Can anyone remember the date last year when the Algarve Cup teams were announced

(am wanting to bag bargain early booking but got caught out last year and lost my deposit money when we didn't compete )

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    According to the Algarve Cup 2020 thread here on BigSoccer, the teams should be the ones announced in this Tweet:

So, no Nadeshiko Japan. Our NT should be confirmed to play at the SheBelieves Cup in USA in the same FIFA window, althoug the recent withdrawal of Brazil (who preferred a different tournament, in France if I am not wrong) posed US organizers the problem of finding a fourth high-level competitor, without much time or choice to select it.

unepommekun and pierre bezukhov repped this.
  8. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Thanks for that....no Japan..no S Korea..no China....don't think I'll bother

9. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

Empress's Cup third round
    Beleza (Hasegawa, KanNo, Kobayashi 2, Tanaka) 5-1 Nippatsu (Takahashi)

10. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Another polished performance from the 'green machine'
    Glad the Seagulls scored if only for their fans unwavering vocal support.
    Seems odd but if Arioshi hadn't been in the line up today we would have to be referring to Hasegawa (22) Momiki (23) and Shimizu (23) as three of Beleza's experienced 'seniors' on the pitch today.

(love these evening KO's...don't have to get up in the middle of the night to watch a live game of footie)

blissett repped this.
  11. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #2863 Lechus7, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    NTV Busy Bee's :laugh:

3rd Aug - won the League Cup
    2nd Nov - won the League
    8-11th Nov - NT duty and match vs. SouthAfrica
    ---------week of rest-------------------------------------------
    23rd Nov - won 4-0 v Yamato Sylphid (Empress Cup)
    24th Nov - on the plane to Korea
    26th Nov - draw 1-1 v Jiangsu
    28th Nov - won 2-0 v Incheon
    30th Nov - won 5-0 v Melbourne and won the Continent
    1st Dec - on the plane bak to Japan
    4th Dec - won 5-1 v Yokohama

last 12 days: 5 matches, 17 goals...:notworthy:

What left for them is to win the Empress Cup and write into histoy books.

12. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's game:

International friendly match
    U17 France vs U17 Japan 18:00 (local time)

blissett repped this.
  13. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Tomorrow's games:

Empress's Cup quarterfinal
    Chifure vs Orca 11:00
    Beleza vs Nittaidai 13:00
    Urawa vs Mynavi 14:00
    Inac vs Nojima 16:00

blissett repped this.
  14. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

Empress's Cup quarterfinal
    Beleza (KanNo, Tanaka 2, Kobayashi, Hasegawa) 5-0 Nittaidai
    Chifure (Azami 2, Arakawa) 2-2 (extra time 1-0) Orca (Yamamori, Watanabe)
    Urawa (Sugasawa) 1-0 Mynavi
    Inac (Miyake) 1-0 Nojima

blissett and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  15. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Players' changes for E1:
    Sugasawa Yuika (due to bad condition)?
    She played for Urawa today.:confused:
    Ueki Riko (due to injury)

New members are Hayashi Honoka and Ueno Mami.

16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No surprises here: the Green Machine being the Green Machine. :coffee:

Interesting that Orca manage to keep it close, despite having lost who was arguably their best player, Yukari Kinga, to the Aussie League.

Eriko Arakawa scoring again at age 40! :notworthy:

Rie Azami was really a monster this season: she brought her 2nd Division team in the semifinal of Empress' Cup. I wonder if they can pose any problem to Beleza; I suppose not, but they will be bitter for failing to be promoted in Division 1, so they've got some more fuel to keep fighting.

Minimal score wins for these two teams, that are looking like their tank is almost empty at the end of this long season instead. They will clash with each other in the semifinal, that's even more advantage for Beleza (as if they'd need it). The prediction about wich one will advance to the final is not easy: could go either way.

She even scored, so her condition should be quite good. I wonder if Takakura just wants to see different players that could have a slight chance to make the Olympic roster.

That's what I was fearing: it has to be the injury she picked in the last match-day of AFC Women's Club Championship. I hope it's not something too much serious. :unsure:

One player each from the two newly promoted teams, but neither is actually an unknown quantity. I will never forget Hayashi's winner goal vs USA at U-20 WWC last year, that I had the chance to witness from the standings in Concarneau. Mami Ueno has been seen already in Senior NT. She's a good, physical FW, but I am not sure if she has any edge over other young FWs as Takarada or Ueki herself (or course as long as these ones are healthy).

17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    International update:

Aussie-W-League:

- Third consecutive win for Melbourne City: they won an away game vs Sydney FC by 1-2 and they now lead the league, along with Western City Wanderers, with 10 points in 4 matchdays. Yukari Kinga played the full game.
    Highlights: https://www.w-league.com.au/video/sydney-fc-v-melbourne-ciy-highlights-westfield-w-league

Division 1 Féminine:

- Olympique Lyonnais-Metz 6-0. Since Paris Saint-Germain only manage to draw by 1-1 vs Montpellier, OL are now 5 points ahead of them: the title should be once again locked-in for them. Saki Kumagai started and was subbed-out at 58'.
    In highlights, notice how, at the beginning, OL hit the crossbar twice (the second one with Saki herself) without the team-mates of the shot-takers being able to tap in. Then (surprise, surprise!) OL scored from CK action 2 of their 6 goals:

Frauen-Bundesliga:

- 1st Division: Bayern München FC-SC Freiburg 2-0. This time, at least, Hikaru Naomoto was on the bench, although she was never subbed in.

- 2nd Division: BV Cloppenburg-TSG Hoffenheim Secondary Team 0-4. Shiho Tomari and Natsuki Kishikawa played the full match.

Liga Femenina:

- Sporting Huelva-Real Sociedad 0-2. Yoko Tanaka was indeed a starter after last week's slight injury, as @pierre bezukhov had anticipated, and she played the full game. With this loss, Sporting Huelva are back at 13th place.

- CD Tacón-Espanyol 2-1. Espanyol managed to revitalize even Tacón, who came back from behind with their Sweden stars Sofia Jakobsson and Kosovare Asslani. Ayaka Noguchi started and was subbed-out at 57', when the score was 1-1.

- Levante-Deportivo Abanca 1-0. With this win, Levante catches up with Deportivo at 3rd place. Maya Yamamoto was only inserted at 84' for her team.

Serie A Femminile:

- Tavagnacco-Hellas Verona 0-3. By now, it's clear that the team is quite rubbish: I predict they're going to lose 90% of their next matches. :unsure: Sato and Kunisawa played the full match: not sure what they're supposed to do, but of course they're not enough to make the difference.

18. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  19. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    #2874 Manchester Nadeshiko, Dec 10, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    EAFF E1 Champs today?

20. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I actually watched this game via One Soccer (Canada). The game is now up on Youtube. The coverage was not too bad. Yoko played on the left wing for about sixty minutes and then she got switched to attacking midfield for the last thirty.

It will come as no surprise to you that she played a lot better in attacking midfield and the team looked better as well. Really she should have scored from a great opportunity in front of goal. She is incredibly skilful, but she is lacking a little bit in confidence.

On the wing she was less convincing. Despite doing some pretty good things she made a few poor passing decisions and had trouble linking up with some of her team mates, though it got better.

They need her (Huelva) in the centre of the pitch in central or attacking midfield, because they have some good players, but they need her to retain the ball to help bring the other players into the game. On the wing she is kind of wasted, especially given how fast some of the team mates are.

Nojima lost, no surprise there. I won't go into that match, because I will be here all night. Here's hoping they can find another striker preferably young and another central midfielder and winger. I will be curious to see what they do over the winter.

blissett and unepommekun repped this.