Official: 2019 LA Galaxy II Season

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by LEM-LAG, Jan 5, 2019.

1. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Los Dos season begins on Saturday, at home against Colorado : https://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2019/...l-championship-regular-season-weekly-schedule

From the article :

I guess Tchilao will sign a contract with G2 for 2019.

Dr.Phil and TrickHog repped this.
  2. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais

Official for Harvey. He's more a defensive option than Walker. Interestingly, we could start both Panamanians in the midfield, which could be a good thing given how unconvincing Vera and Acheampong have been last year.

TrickHog repped this.
  3. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Beep Boop Robot and TrickHog repped this.
  4. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    natfaninla and TrickHog repped this.
  5. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it just me or is Los Dos filling up with young players that could conceivably actually graduate to the first team someday? I never got that sense with the majority of our starting line up last few years. That's a good use for Los Dos. Smart too to get internationals in and work on their green cards so if they do graduate up to the first team they can be closer to their green cards and not cost international spots.

6. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Here is another signing of a player who is a little older, but te Kloese might know him from his time as a youngster at Santos Laguna before moving to Luxembourg.

7. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Another defender, Nick DePuy. Very big boy, with a pedigree in the traditional pathways for a US player (including being a 1st round pick and semifinalist for the MAC-Hermann Award while at UCSB). What is somewhat intriguing about him despite the fact that he is a little older than the GII profile is that it appears he has recently converted from forward to central defender. Could be an interesting project to watch.

https://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2019/03/08/la-galaxy-ii-sign-defender-nick-depuy

TrickHog repped this.
  8. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Our roster (with the first team players who will likely play a lot with G2 this year) based on the few informations we have :

GK : Romero, Eric Lopez, Vom Steeg.
    RB : Araujo, Shultz.
    CB : Arellano, Gallagher, DePuy, Ontiveros.
    LB : Traore, Requejo, Fiddes.
    CM : Walker, Harvey, Vera, Acheampong.
    CAM : Cuello, Hernandez.
    Wingers : Koreniuk, Tchilao.
    FWD : Zubak, Frank Lopez, Williams.

If we keep the 4-3-3 the first team will likely play this year, our starting XI could be :

Zubak/Lopez
    Koreniuk Cuello Tchilao
    Walker/Vera Harvey
    Traore Arellano Gallagher Araujo
    Romero​

9. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    There will probably be quite a few academy kids getting pushed up to play with Los Dos.

10. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
  11. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Getting crushed tonight.

Traore was not in 18 in Dallas. Wonder why not with los dos tonight.

12. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    4-1 loss, terrible performance, as they were many during the past two seasons.

Attackers were horrid. Tchilao is very raw, Williams looked ridiculous (and earned a yellow after trying to replicate the "hand of God"), Lopez hustles a lot but he's average at best for the USL.

Still not convinced by Vera, who lost the ball in the midfield on the second goal. Acheampong scored a screamer but overall had a bad night. Both players are too similar, we need a stronger presence at DM IMO.

Hernandez-Foster looked decent a few times but didn't follow his man on the second goal (trying to play high line but the other defenders didn't follow him), and may be at fault on the third goal too.

As for the subs, Walker looked physically dominant but his first touch was inconsistent. Koreniuk looked composed.

Not a lot of positives. DePuy and Ontiveros did OK (maybe DePuy better). MOTM should be between DePuy and Vom Steeg (yes, despite conceding four goals).

Painful to watch but some important players were missing (Zubak, Traore, Arellano, Araujo) and there were a few intriguing players on the bench. Maybe they're better than the starters.

TrickHog and FlapJack repped this.
  13. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Every fans belief. (not picking at you, talking in general.)
    And btw I really appreciate your reporting on the GII.

barroldinho, MPNumber9, TrickHog and 2 others repped this.
  14. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Team had a nice bounce back win last weekend at Tacoma (Seattle affiliate). Traore had a great cross on our third goal in a 3-0 win.

TrickHog repped this.
  15. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for posting the highlights.

Dr.Phil repped this.
  17. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    More than half of the Los Dos starters for today's game are on the Galaxy senior roster. Some are normal Los Dos players, but others are those who haven't played much recently due to coach's decision rather than injury. Should make for an interesting game.

ProudNatRN repped this.
  18. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    I didn't watch the game, but the GIIs are down 5-0 in the final minutes. Traore was red carded in the 70th minute. I guess some of the kids aren't exactly ready for prime-time, at least not without being surrounded by more of the top players.

mbar repped this.
  19. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    5-0?? DtK better get on fixing G2 soon. That’s embarrassing consider we got beat badly to start the season.

mbar repped this.
  20. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

NSFW

TrickHog repped this.
  21. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pathetic defense. Romney and Hilliard Arce were starting too. Woof

22. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    This is the second set of highlights of watched where they seem to run through the defense with impunity. The players are not so bad that they should be playing this poorly. It must be a coaching problem.

WarGalaxy repped this.
  23. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I was on vacation and I missed the last two games. I just finished to watch the replay of the 3-0 win against Tacoma Defiance (aka Seattle 2).

It was a great performance, one of the best of the Munoz era. I saw simple things like short passes, runs without the ball, triangles, a couple of things I barely saw during the last few years.

Let's begin with the negatives : Koreniuk had a bad game, aside from a solid cross on the first goal. Shultz had worse performances but was not convincing.

Quiet and solid games from both Vom Steeg and THA. DePuy was surprisingly very good, with a lot of agressiveness and anticipations. Traore is already very good for the USL, very hard to handle on the left side. Sensational cross on the third goal.

I guess the good performance had something to do with the switch for the 4-3-3. The two new Panamanians, Harvey and Walker, looked competent and physically impressive. I want to see more of them.

Playing with a true DM helped the team to be more balanced, and Acheampong to do what he does best : create the plays. Beautiful sequence on the first goal, but like all year, his biggest issue is consistency. Yes, he's spectacular, but it's useless when he misses very simple passes. He scored a banger last week but sent three shots well over the crossbar against Tacoma.

Hernandez looked good and composed. Williams had a solid game in the role of the target striker, his play back to the goal was solid and finishing was solid.

I know the result of the game against Real Monarchs, I don't know if I want to see this.

TrickHog and MPNumber9 repped this.
  24. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would skip the Monarch game.

TrickHog repped this.
  25. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I watched the 5-0 loss against the Real Monarchs, and to be honest, the score is flattering. I think Los Dos, while not being impressive, were on par with RSL 2 for the first sixty minutes. First goal came on a rebound following a mediocre clearance by Zubak, second was following a great counter attack and third was on a free kick.

Romero did not make any mistake but didn't make any great stop. To be fair, apart from the fifth goal where both were caught ball watching, I think THA and Romney had good games. Traore has still progress to make as he sometimes let players to run behind his back, leading to his red card in this particular game.

Jose Hernandez has looked OK during the last three games but lacked finishing. Zubak is still not a great striker, and I will say this for the 5617th time, but 2018 Lassiter is better than 2019 Zubak and I don't think he will contribute to the first team this year (and maybe, ever). Jury is still out on Koreniuk, who was average but had a great shot on the post in the last minutes.

Both Cuello and Alvarez had up and down moments. A little bit disappointing from Efrain, he's so good I sometimes forget he's only 16.

I think Munoz made two mistakes :

- he made the team unbalanced by playing two CAM (Cuello and Efrain) in a 4-3-3 with just a DM (Harvey, OK game overall) behind them. This was a game for Vera.
    - he replaced our only DM with Vera, when we were down 2-0. The team was already cut in two, and Vera will never be a true DM (and inderectly it lead to the last two goals).

Home game against Portland 2 tonight.