Official 2019 J. League Transfers and Rumors

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by naopon, Dec 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Mickey Mouse Tournament?

Wait a minute, are you Chris Sutton in disguise?

2. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You have my attention.
    Please tell me all the full matches of the
    in question that you have seen of Rihito Yamamoto to conclude he's a prodigy (and better than Morita). I would like also to understand the level of these matches, compared to this mickey mouse tournament.

3. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Thank goodness.

What a moron seriously.....Al Duhail..and then have the nerve to say he's surprised there aren't any attendance and the quality of league isn't that strong.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  4. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He already earned a wealth in this period in Qatar.

5. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Maybe he was excited to play with Almoez Ali LOL

seolseol repped this.
  6. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Please don't open threads for rumors... moving these posts.

7. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    seolseol repped this.
  8. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The European dream. :rolleyes:

9. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    seolseol and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  10. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    https://www.sporting.be/1/1071/japans-international-jun-amano-op-weg-naar-daknam/

Pretty much official.

He’s pretty old to be going to Europe. He probably is fulfilling a dream of playing in Europe. I would be very surprised if he didn’t come back to Japan next season.

11. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I can’t imagine how this dream will be fulfilled by playing in Belgium’s second division.

As I said, it is a new low for Japanese footballers in Europe.

Please, don’t post a thread for him in the Japanese Abroad section.

12. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Amano isn't that good anyway.

13. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He is not so bad to play in Belgium’s second division.

Even a player like Toyokawa managed to play in Belgium’s first division and scored some goals.

14. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Very often well-established player at J League fail in europe, while a fringe squad player overachieving. In Japan, players who got good technique are highly rated. While in Europe, technique and spirit are also important, but without tactical awareness, spatial awareness, they means nothing. Hope i'm wrong, Amano is a key player under Postecoglou who's played a positional play well, but so far, i think he's the type who will struggle to play at european league.

15. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Going to Europe or fitting in Europe is not the point here.

The point is the level of the competition, which is much weaker than the J1, even I think it is weaker than J2, which make zero sense for an established J1 player to go there.
    If he is a young prospect, as it was the case with Ibusuki who played in the same league years ago, it might make sense.

Moving to second tier (division) clubs in Europe is only rational when we speak about the top 5 countries: England, Spain, Germany, and Italy.
    You can say the same about moving to a top division club in a minor European league such as Poland, Hungary, and Romania, it makes no sense too, unless the player was a J2 player who can’t make it to the J1 level, as it was the case with Akahoshi and similar players.

16. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'm talking about Yuta Toyokawa's case there.
    Agree that 2nd division Belgian League certainly weaker than J1. Heck, even Kanazaki nailed it in the Portuguese 2nd division.
    What i've argued, though, are:

1. Why Toyokawa, a fringe squad player at Kashima, exceed our expectation at Eupen, Nakajima, a fringe squad player at Tokyo, has taken Liga NOS by storm, you can argue that J1 is a better league than Jupiler League, but J1 is certainly not better than Lia NOS.
    2. Amano is too good to play at Belgian 2nd division, okay, but doesn't mean that he will easily fit at Jupiler league just because Toyokawa manage to exceed our expectation.

17. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Amano is probably not that far from Morioka, which did better than "well" (at least that the beginning) in Belgium. I'm not sure either why he would waste time in the second div.
    That aside, I don't think JLeague is better than the Jupiler League personally.

seolseol and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  18. verde água

verde água Member

São Paulo
    Oct 4, 2017
    São Bernardo do Campo
    I disagree. Moving to other countries, even to play in weaker leagues than J League, will help japanese players to develop, because they will learn literally new ways of learning things, as well as new kinds of football playstyles, and after that kind of experience, they can return to Japan stronger and with a more open mind towards football. This can lead in the future to these players becoming better managers or club directors, which is essential for japanese football development.

Keren, Interiores and seolseol repped this.
  19. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yep, just ask Honda Keisuke about that.

20. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

What Amano will learn from playing at Belgian second division in the age of 28?

seolseol repped this.
  21. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    If you are speaking about Honda at VVV Venlo, it was a total different situation, he was 21 when he joined the club, and the club was playing in the top division. The club was relegated and he sticked with them when he was 22 to gain experience and to guide them back to the top division, and this eventually happened.

Amano is 28, he will be 29 after the end of next season, which means he isn’t young as it was the case with Honda. While playing with a team with no guarantee to return to the top division in a league weaker than the Dutch league.

This is totally a different situation, it is like day and night.

seolseol repped this.
  22. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Ah, my bad, i forget about his half-season at Eredivisie 2007-08. Regarding Amano's age, you've got the point though. But, Kanazaki isn't that young when he make a decision to play at Portuguese 2nd division right? And it improves him as a player. Of course every player is different, but, i'm not ruling out the positive impact of playing at different culture. Even Pep Guardiola learned a lot from his stint at Liga MX.

23. verde água

verde água Member

São Paulo
    Oct 4, 2017
    São Bernardo do Campo
    Read again my post.

24. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yokohama FC interested in Shunsuke Nakamura.