Official 2018 Samurai Blue thread

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Samurai Warrior, Dec 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Why Cesare Prandelli? I mean there are some rumors?

2. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No rumors. It was just a question. I just wanted to know your opinions.

3. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Prandelli hasn't achieved one single positive thing since his Italy spell...

Whispered11 and AIL1998 repped this.
  4. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Still remember I loved seeing that italian side during his time.

5. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    #780 NaohiroTakahara, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    JNT didnt overperformed, also the defence didnt overperfomed. This was the normal Japan is capaple off and they could be better if Nishino has more time.

Japan played a great worldcup, and even the Belgium game was sad, I am very very proud. But please dont tell they overperfomed, cause they dont. After or before a game you can always say anything like the enemy was bad or we overperformed.

But over or underperformed doesnt exist. Cause this fluctuations in both directions are what you are capable of and its called conistence.
    When you want I would say Japan are under under underperformed the last 4 years and now they showed his real face but no way Japan overperformed at this WC.

There is alwas a way to steal some pride. When Japan played bad they are shit when they play good the enemy has a bad day or they overperformed.

Sure a side like Belgium is a little better of individual quality, they have the better players but Japan also has great players,maybe not that spectacular but also with high quality.
    The 4 games I would say Japan has one of the hardest Enemys in the whole WC2018. Only top nations...Columbia,Senegal,Poland and Belgium. Never never never has anyone thought Japan can do something and even me was sceptical but they prove me wrong. You cant overperformed for 4 games cause this is some consitence.

Sure Japan wins only 1 time and the last Poland minutes wherent that cool with gras rolling but with a little more luck and I mean LITTLE. Japan has won all 4 games cause they have the chances for. But even so,its a ********ing great WC and I enjoyed them, damn =).

teioh, Kakeru, Essex and 1 other person repped this.
  6. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Do you think any player will move to a "better" club soon? Shibasaki and Sakai comes to mind. Betis are lucky that they signed Inu before the wc.

7. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Maybe Kagawa can go to Liverpool and reunite with Klopp. :)

teioh, seolseol and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  8. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

teioh and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  9. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Good. Now we can go after Piksi.

10. AtsushiYanagishower

Arsenal
    Japan
    May 29, 2018
    Thank ******** for that tweet

11. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    YES!

Someone Japanese pleaaaaase

12. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Samurai Warrior repped this.
  13. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Or Japanese media has conjured up a load of bs.

14. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Imo, just let Moriyasu take over the JNT. JNT will have a lot of players retiring from this WC e.g Honda, Hasebe, etc. They will need younger players to replace them

Since he is in charge of managing the squad for 2020 Olympics, he can better select the players from the Olympic Squad to try out for the senior team through their performances in the Olympics to use in the friendlies and WCQ matches during the 2 years before the Qatar WC.

15. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hajime Moriyasu

17. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The press conference will begin at 1800 JST.

18. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, it's not that i dislike him or another Japanese coach, just think that JNT need a foreigner who approach football from another perspective.

But, whatever, good luck for Moriyasu.

Kakeru repped this.
  19. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Among Japanese managers, it was the right call. I have good expectations from him.

20. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It is. It is understandable enough for JFA to pick up Japanese coach after Nishino heroic, though.

21. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So question to the experts, what can Moriyasu do better han Nishino?

22. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Actually I feel that Kenta Hasegawa might be the more suitable choice but Moriyasu ain't that bad of a choice either.

On another note, I feel that Toru Oniki ain't that bad, maybe he can be the next JNT coach after Qatar 2022.

23. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    I don't get why Moritasu is so valued when his entire 'career' he's been around Sanfrecce. He's not proven coach who can go outside and bring great results around. At least he haven't tried that. What he did with U-21? Probably nothing so far.He didn't even do much work in Hiroshima where he inherited everything (even system which he haven't changed too much) after Petrovic left for Urawa (and proved again that he's a good coach, now he does his thing in Sapporo). Not to mention how his teams fared in Asian competitions where Sanfrecce was always laughable. The only thing I can credit him with would be his choices of foreign strikers for Sanfrecce. And that's not much.

Comparing him to Hasegawa is apples and oranges who did better than he should in S-Pulse, great at Gamba and now he turned a team of sissies into one of the strongest this season in J League.

I can understand that Nishino retired to JFA in his final years but with Moriyasu it seemed like he didn't want to spoil his 'legend' and left for JFA instead of coaching another team to prove his name (he would probably fail there).

24. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, Petrovic didn't get even remotely close to what Moriyasu achieved in Hiroshima. And to think he had so much resources in five years with Urawa and just won a J. League Cup... that's not good. You could say Petrovic is a good coach to build something (that's why Consadole did a nice job hiring him), but to win... you need something else.

I trust Moriyasu. Yes, his int'l and continental record isn't that great (but he also almost reached a CWC final, so...), but I hope he'll be able to make a new generation bloom, especially in Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  25. Kakeru

Kakeru Member+

Manchester United
    Japan
    Feb 22, 2016
    Montréal, QC, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #800 Kakeru, Jul 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    Yeah. In the light of what happened in the match against Belgium, I think the most important thing is that the manager teaches the team enough gamesmanship on how to protect 2-goal or even mere 1-goal leads on the international stage regardless of who stands up front. I am still skeptical that a Japanese coach's perspective would allow things to change in that direction, and we have seen since 1982 that idealistic champagne football wins you nothing.

I hope Moriyasu proves me wrong. But I would have preferred someone else, who lived and breathed the art of defending those slender leads to win matches, to be the man.