Official: 2018 Rumor and Roster Moves Thread

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by TrickHog, Sep 21, 2017.

1. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    I saw this on Omar's twitter. However, it just thanks Atlas for the new opportunity. It doesn't reference a new contract in any way. Again, if being drafted means he signed a contract, I would accept that, I just don't know that and can't find a reference to a new contract. Without a new contract, he is a free agent in December.

2. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Yeah, you're right. As I look further, I'm seeing everything but confirmation.

3. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'm wondering if we lowballed the offer so it looks like we made a genuine offer to Cameron so someone like New England has to trade us for the allocation spot.

WarGalaxy repped this.
  4. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You think our FO is that clever!

5. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am so frustrated by this Cameron news, and don't in any way, shape or form want him on my team, especially for outrageous money. Will he sell tickets, no. Is he too old, yes. Has he proved to be potentially a locker room problem and selfish about playing time, yes. The last two in combination are a red flag warning.

Can't wait until our front office changes.

Berks, luigi-55, barroldinho and 2 others repped this.
  6. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais

I don't know if I should be optimistic or no...

generaladmissision18, hav77 and TrickHog repped this.
  7. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    This is what worries me. The FO should be willing to eat a big portion of his salary to get him off the books if they are serious about winning now.

At the very least, an upgrade at CB needs to be made this summer... and there has to be better, cheaper options than Geoff Cameron out there...

barroldinho repped this.
  8. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    COG seems to think we'll get Cameron. Overall, I think it'll be disappointing. He's 32, he allegedly isn't the best locker room guy, and COG also suggested he might not be happy playing CB and wants to play D-Mid.

barroldinho and LEM-LAG repped this.
  9. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    This is both a direct result of not jettisoning Ciani pre-season and repeating the same mistake all over again. A desperate summer signing to patch over injuries & bad off season decisions that will tie up a significant sum of money for multiple seasons.

FlapJack repped this.
  10. 7E23

7E23 Member+

Jul 7, 2008
    Long Beach
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also saw that Brendan Hannan was on his way to London today. I hope it's for vacation and not some promotion for Cameron.

11. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How do we afford him again? Is there more Garber bucks being infused in the league?

I guess I’d take Cameron but I wish I was more confident of his attitude.

12. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Cameron at DM makes zero sense, but if we continue with this 3 at the back formation, Cameron makes a lot of sense.

13. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Can someone please explain to me WTF happened to Perry Kitchen? Before he went to Europe, he was considered one of the best DMs in MLS and was on the fringes of the USMNT.

Also, acronyms.

TrickHog repped this.
  14. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Just based on the rumors I've read I'm not a fan of signing Cameron. But if we did I would expect him to be a big upgrade over Kitchen if we played him at DM. When our opponents have the ball Kitchen's style of play is ambling ball-watching peppered with intermittent fouling. And he couldn't stop a sharp cut back inside move and shot without fouling if his life depended on it. And when we have the ball he should show some leadership and actively follow the play, showing for the ball and helping us keep possession. Instead he mostly waits for the action to wander over to him.

It's very hard for a central midfielder to end up with the fewest touches on the team but somehow Kitchen has managed to do so. I haven't seen Cameron play in a while but he has to be better than that.

Berks, MPNumber9 and hav77 repped this.
  15. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Yes, wondering the same. Again, he looked like he was going to be a really good pick in the preseason games. He was spraying balls with good accuracy and generally good at winning balls and initiating the offense. It's been the opposite during the real season though. I wonder if its a him thing or a coaches tactics and strategy thing.

16. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I take heart that our FO is aware of the problems and at least trying to make changes. Cameron at CB allows SKeljvik to move outside, that alone may solve huge issues.

I wonder if we end up moving Jona and Gio as a package (if you want Jona, you have to take Gio as well). That would free up DP money for Cameron, I'm ok if it's an 18 month deal. We need to win now, it's not like we have a ton of young talent coming through.

If we can lock the middle and Defense down, we can win relying on Ibra and Kamara to get at least a goal a game.

17. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I've been wanting to see how Skeljvik would do in the left wingback role. It seems like he'd be more effective there than the CB position.

FlapJack, skydog and JPAR repped this.
  18. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    What is AJ doing nowadays? I know a few of us would have liked to have seen him play the dmid position as he has very good positional sense and was quick enough to win balls. Wonder how he's coming along from his injury. Don't think he's making that much and it seems he'd be a lot better and likely cheaper than Kitchen, if just looking for a straight dmid.

73Bruin repped this.
  19. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Might still be recovering from the torn ACL. I love AJ and love to see him in a Galaxy jersey again, but I don't think he's going to make us any better.

generaladmissision18 and WarGalaxy repped this.
  20. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I said this before even seeing Skeljvik kick a ball so take it for what it's worth, but having read through the Norwegian forums, apparently the reason he was moved to be CB is because he was very poor out wide. I have zero belief he's the answer there.

hav77 and skydog repped this.
  21. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Chris Samba is available. He did pretty well for Aston Villa when he played. He was seen as the #3 center back behind Terry and Chester so he didn't start often, but when he did, he looked good.

mbar repped this.
  22. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Very vague links of us going for Leighton Baines. I assume this would happen for next season?

Cole is only on a year contract and I don't want to give him another one. Aside from his assists, he has been poor defensively, and is card prone. Baines would be 34 for next season, and can likely give us a couple of seasons.

What do you think?

ProudNatRN repped this.
  23. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would pass we need young defenders that don't make millions, so if we can get eastern euros, central or south american young cheap players we can develop we should. Until money is no longer an issue shitty defenders will be business as usual.

24. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    This is a bit disturbing then...

25. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles