Official: 2018 Rumor and Roster Moves Thread

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by TrickHog, Sep 21, 2017.

1. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  2. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Dammit I miss Magee. There’s not a single player on this current Galaxy side I wouldn’t trade in a heartbeat for 2009-2014 Mike Magee. A part from being a not very good team, there’s just zero personality or personalities (outside of Zlatan).

Without derailing this thread too much, the last two Galaxy seasons haven’t just been bad performance-wise, there’s just no identity to this team, no personalities, doesn’t really feel like any of the players genuinely love the club. It’s just boring. To be fair I haven’t been to a game in about 18 months so this might be more a reflection on me than the team.

MPNumber9, GalaxyKoa, rokstedy and 4 others repped this.
  3. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I think Lleget and Ema both love the club. Kamara has been playing like it too, but it's a little early to judge him.

Every interview Llegets done he very clearly is extremely grateful for Bruce and the Galaxy for giving up a chance after West Ham gave up on him and then standing by him through his injury last year.

Ema is a fan favorite because he puts in maximum effort every time he's on the field. This may not directly correlate to him caring about the club, but the effort he puts in seems to imply he cares.

This where losing AJ was a big blow. I'm not sure we've had a player that's cared more about the club.

4. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's what I feel like after the last year and a half of futility.

Years ago I stood in line when they re-sodded the field and were giving away 6 inch by 6 inch pieces of the old sod. I took it home and planted it in a large clay pot. There was a paper that came with it: "Your piece of Galaxy history," which set out the provenance.. It thrived and spread.

Today I went out the front door and looked at the pot. That "history" is dead as a door nail.

Beakmon FC, kaburu, 7E23 and 5 others repped this.
  5. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    I think this speaks to your brown thumb more than anything else. It took the Galaxy 7 seasons to win its first cup. There were another 5 seasons between the second and third along with a 3 year gap where the team didn't make the playoffs.

This reminds me of Yankee, Laker and Celtic fans complaining about periods when their team played poorly. You can gripe legitimately about poor results and current management, but the history never dies.

6. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Agreed, though it does take it a bit far when we sign players whose careers pretty much are history.

The Cadaver repped this.
  7. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I was thinking about getting the max out of Zlatan while he's here and that means being able to get him the ball. We can't do that right now but, Iniesta could and after this season and next, he'd be 35 so, not too bad. I mean, Cole seems to give a shit...

barroldinho and 73Bruin repped this.
  8. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we can get Wood, we need to get him. He's fantastic! Ship out Zlatan or dos Santos if you have to.

kaburu repped this.
  9. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    True, but there were great and iconic moments in those first 7 years. We made the final three times, won two Supporters’ Shields (though retroactively) and put together the most dominant MLS team in history. The team also won a CCC and USOC in that time.

Even those really bleak years of 2006-2008 it’s forgotten we made a cup final in two of them.

I certainly don’t expect the Galaxy to be perennial MLS Cup contenders or even playoff contenders that’s just not realistic in the way MLS is setup. I don’t even expect them to be functional every year, I just want more than I’m getting now.

rokstedy, 73Bruin, barroldinho and 2 others repped this.
  10. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What a stupid mechanism.

With all the salary budget restrictions in place, it's ridiculous and unnecessary that a team can call "dibs" on a player that they have no prior attachment to.

mbar repped this.
  11. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Iniesta is apparently going to the J-League.

12. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yup this has been in the works for a bit

ShortyMac and barroldinho repped this.
  13. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Apparently the FO isn't interested in selling either of the Dos Santi :(

https://us.as.com/us/2018/05/25/futbol/1527258782_314607.html

Google translated paragraph:
    Giovani and Jonathan Dos Santos have not had a great season start in MLS with LA Galaxy. As a result of that, the rumor arose that the board was willing to sell them at the end of their participation with Mexico in the 2018 World Cup of Russia. However, this rumor was born from an opinion piece written by Bobby Warshaw on the page official of the league, but without any foundation. In fact, the intention of the club is that both can go to the World Cup, make a great tournament and return to the USA to reverse the bad moment that the team is going through and aspire to the highest level of the championship.

73Bruin repped this.
  14. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    Not questioning you, but this article doesn't accurately represent what Bobby posted. Its seems no more based on an understanding of what the front offices plans are then our postings are and perhaps less.

L.A. Native repped this.
  15. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    #2240 L.A. Native, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
    Someone on reddit said he was watching Fox Deportes and a reporter standing outside the MexNT hotel said our FO wasn't looking to sell and... a possibility of an extension. :confused:

73Bruin repped this.
  16. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, what’s the latest on BJ4? Didn’t he start trains by again several weeks ago? I haven’t heard anything since.

TrickHog repped this.
  17. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he played the first half in the latest Los Dos game.

mbar repped this.
  18. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching the last few Vancouver games I sure don’t miss Rowe. Not that he has had any howlers but he just doesn’t instill a lot of confidence. Plays even smaller then he is.

I know Bingham isn’t all that great but still...

Skevin, skydog and TrickHog repped this.
  19. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Rowe’s having a rough season - last time i checked his save rate was only 62%

20. ragbone

ragbone Member+

Sep 2, 2005
    Santo Tomas, Batangas, Philippines.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More evidence of Galaxy FO incompetence. KLEIN MUST GO!!!!!

TOAzer repped this.
  21. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've heard the opposite. Guesman reported a rumor that the Dos Santoses are being shopped, with Galaxy hoping to find a suitor post-WC.

TrickHog repped this.
  22. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    Apparently Klien denied the rumors about shopping them and then when asked about transfers stated that they don't talk about them.

I read that as less a declaration of support and more a statement that they're not holding a fire sale.

Beep Boop Robot and TrickHog repped this.
  23. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I think we're shopping them, but we don't want to publicly say it. It seems to be a come and take them if you want them, but we aren't actively trying to get rid of them.

24. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #2249 barroldinho, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
    This.

You aren't going to get full market value if it's obvious you're looking to sell.

EDIT: I would be happy to keep JDS if he was going to put forth the effort he has recently. The question is whether there would be bad feeling if we shipped out Gio, especially with his Dad in his ear.

If we do choose to dispense with Gio's services, I'd have Klein or Sigi meet with JDS and put it to him that he has his own career and that while we respect his relationship with his brother, that he must be careful not to be held back by him.

I'd expect those guys to be able to put it more diplomatically than that, of course.

rokstedy and TrickHog repped this.
  25. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Irritated that the brothers are being shopped together. I really wouldn't mind keeping JDS.