Official: 2018 Rumor and Roster Moves Thread

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by TrickHog, Sep 21, 2017.

1. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Sigi, did you see what happened to Evans?

2. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Explain?

3. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mistakenly thought Brad “retired” and then came back and signed for SKC for free. I was wrong. After some in-depth “research,” Brad has gone on to SKC through free agency.

I wouldn’t be opposed to him fighting for a spot at RB for us.

mbar repped this.
  4. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais

John Requejo is a 21 years old LB, a former U17 and U20 US international and a California native, who signed with Tijuana when he was 18 but the move didn't work. Given our natural LB in both the first and the second team are currently Ashley Cole (37) and Leo Sepulveda (16, Academy player), I don't know how it could be a bad thing to give Requejo at least a G2 contract.

WarGalaxy repped this.
  5. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Eh if a player isn't good enough for DC, they probably aren't good enough for us. I'd like to see us go for Villafana in the summer. Till then, Romney, Steres, or even Skljevik can play left back too.

6. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    fixed

btw going thru stats of last season. AJ was top 3 in completed crosses. (I really need to get over this)

hav77, napper, The Cadaver and 3 others repped this.
  7. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
  8. ragbone

ragbone Member+

Sep 2, 2005
    Santo Tomas, Batangas, Philippines.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm skeptical. Unless they're increasing the number of international' spots to 15.

9. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't see anything impressive about his resume or anything good about this potential signing. Bad leagues and never staying with a team more than two seasons. He played in the Spanish and French 3rd tiers up until 2012 when he spent some time in Martinique before returning to the Spanish 3rd division. He finally got into a top flight in 2014, signing in Bulgaria for two seasons before trying out Georgia and quickly going back to Bulgaria for a different club (a newly promoted club which was subsequently relegated the year he was with them) and finally now with a mid-table Kazakhstani team.

That's a hard no from me. Hopefully just a false rumor.

10. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    hav77 repped this.
  11. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Mathias Coureur just tweeted this to Aurélien Collin :

967015128678961152 is not a valid tweet id

(translation : "maybe I'll join you bro")

It doesn't look like a false rumor.

hav77 repped this.
  12. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    967197537055789056 is not a valid tweet id

Dump Ciani and bring back Omar. It can't be a bad move.

And of course we are still first in the allocation order.

13. OC Galaxy Fans

Jul 30, 2009
    Placentia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My money is on LAFC signing him and this author not realizing LAFC exists (can you blame them?)

14. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Pretty please!

Although that would put a damper on my prediction of THA winning the starting CB spot next to Skjelvik by the end of the season.

WarGalaxy repped this.
  15. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    We desperately need a centerback, and we can get buyout Ciani for Omar.

73Bruin and WarGalaxy repped this.
  16. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there a roster set date? I seem to recall there are usually a few last minute roster surprises. Don’t we still have too many internationals? However I think the COG guys hinted that ola was out of the country which is often a final step to a green card.

17. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I believe the roster set date is Thursday or Friday.

I was hoping Ola wouldn't get his green card so we had to cut Ciani. Guess that's not going to work out the way we wanted.

18. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    #1868 LEM-LAG, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    I saw the following tweet on Cordell Cato, and I wanted to say that last year he didn't count as an international for San Jose. He's been in the league for long now.

Cato is not an exciting name but he could be a useful signing. Capable to play as a RB and a LB, looked OK during preseason. Given how underwhelming Feltscher and Klimenta have been, he could have his chance.

Sign him and bring back Omar, and dump Ciani, and I'm OK with our defense.

Edit : he corrected his tweet a few moments later :

mbar and rokstedy repped this.
  19. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like that move. We can't count on Rolf to play every game and really his quality is certainly debatable at this time. I'd rather have Cato then Romney at outside back.

Would prefer to see Romney get a shot paired with the Norwegian in central defense. I feel like Romney is smarter then most of our defenders.

20. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bleh, another below par player that won't be on the team come next year.

Would bring us up to 19 on the senior roster and 25 overall. I'd assume Vom Steeg is signed as our 3rd keeper bringing us to 26.

Leaves one more senior spot and 3 off-budget slots. We only have two HGs on the roster but if we choose to put them in slots 29 and 30, there's no requirement to have any more HGs on the roster if we wanted to carry the full 30.

21. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Having veteran MLS players is a good thing especially with a back line as inexperienced as ours. I'd take Cato.

22. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    This. I'm baffled Sigi didn't try Romney as a CB during preseason, he could be better than Steres (he already is IMO), Ciani and THA.

Sometimes I think Romney's "weakness" is that he's left-footed. That put him behind Van Damme in the depth chart, and now it's the same story with Skjelvik, and he has always been considered as LB depth because we lack true LBs in our roster and he's subpar here.

Or a new Dan Gargan.;)

Cato as depth would not be the problem, but the Feltscher we saw during the preseason is not an elite starting RB. The move was very risky just looking at his career so far (low level clubs in second tier leagues).

WarGalaxy repped this.
  23. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais

I agree with Sigi, but I don't know if he plans to add depth right now. The only true forwards trialists that we had in camp were Ethan Zubak and Justin Dhillon from G2.

24. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Photo from today's training session in the attached files. I don't recognize the number 46. I thought it was Mathias Coureur, the french winger we were linked with, but I'm not sure.

Here's a picture from Coureur from yesterday according to his Twitter account (he was at the airport waiting for a flight to Barcelona but according to him the flight was canceled) :

[​IMG]

They don't look like each other, so I guess it's another trialist. For what's it worth I think Cordell Cato is just behind Steres.

And the good news : Bradford is jogging.

Attached Files:

25. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais

WarGalaxy repped this.