Official: 2018 Rumor and Roster Moves Thread

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by TrickHog, Sep 21, 2017.

1. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    I had forgotten that Joao Pedro was just away on a loan TransferMarkt shows him under contract for the 2018/19 Greek season. Since I assume he signed the typical 3 year contract with a team option for a 4th, does that mean that he would return to the Galaxy under contract until December 2019?

2. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Alessandrini is the type of player that will do a job for us no matter who is playing around him. He did it with McBean, Zardes, Zlatan, Kamara, etc. He is a player we must keep.

GalaxyOne, barroldinho, skydog and 4 others repped this.
  3. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    So to have the FO get rid of Gio, we must trick them into believing that Gio is a fan favorite.

barroldinho, TrickHog and 73Bruin repped this.
  4. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    So that means we need to buy Gio jerseys? :eek:

5. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    #2755 skydog, Oct 13, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    Alessandrini is one of the guys I definitely keep, being of the few bright spots on this team. He is very productive. Even this season which included a dry spell he has scored 10 goals and 7 assists in the equivalent of only 19 games. Thats a rate of .52 goals per 90/min and a .87g+a/90m clip. For a point of comparison Kamaras scoring rate is .39g/90 and .50g+a/90 (so overall Romains g+a production rate is ~75% higher than Ola's). And Romain is doing this from a winger position where he has some (admittedly not much) defensive responsibility.

And this isn't a flash in the pan - over two seasons Romain has produced 42 goals+assists in 54 games. An good rate for most forwards and he's done it despite playing for a mostly crappy team, especially in 2017. You remember when we were getting those strange road wins under Onalfo? Well a lot of that was because of the 25 goals and assists Kamara has produced on the road. Bottom line is that the only reason we have any playoff chances is because of our excellent offense - and a significant portion of that offense comes from Romain's abilities in the final third.

The other vital ingredient that Alessandrini brings that has been in short supply on this team is competitive fire. We have so many jogging around role players who seem to shrug when they make a mistake. This team needs more players who really want to actually take responsibility when we are up against a wall. And who on our team would you say plays with more "fire in his belly" than Alessandrini? Spoiler alert - no one, that's who.

The only downside to Romain is he has been a bit injury prone - he missed only 4 games last season but 8 games this season. But on the plus side he's only still only 29yo and should have a few more good years in him.

Bottom line for me is this team has so many lazy non-producers - get rid of them, not Allesandrini.

6. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Yes!

7. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    No way. Not even if they were on sale at Kohl's for $9.99. NEVER

8. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    We all have to make sacrifices.

barroldinho and JPAR repped this.
  9. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tried to get on board with Gio when we signed him. I Bought one of those nicer t shirts with his name and number.

Now it hangs in the closet collecting dust until the inevitable date it gets stuffed into a goodwill giveaway bag.

10. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    FMP (I mistakenly wrote Kamara in my orig post)

barroldinho and TrickHog repped this.
  11. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sheesh. What did Goodwill ever do to you?

ragbone, barroldinho, rokstedy and 2 others repped this.
  12. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    Not that it's a big deal, but if you itemize this is a "charitable contribution" that will only go down in value. Better to donate it now and free up some closet space.

hav77 and TrickHog repped this.
  13. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’d never send my Gio shirt to an American Goodwill store. That’s why I sent mine to a refugee camp in Uganda. Some cute kid there is wearing his oversized Gio Galaxy shirt next to his brother wearing a Falcons 2016 Super Bowl Champs shirt. /s

hav77, rokstedy and TrickHog repped this.
  14. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    1052960332828827648 is not a valid tweet id

[​IMG]

ragbone, Skevin, ProudNatRN and 4 others repped this.
  15. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Looks like Tab Ramos is taking over the USMNT. At least according to twitter rumors.

That opens the door for Berhalter.

I'd love Schellotto here. Don't see how Benedetto fits though with Kamara and Zlatan.

16. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    What has Tab Ramos done to earn the USA coaching job? I'm not a fan. Berhalter has way better credentials.

Bring in Schellotto!

17. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'm with you - I will be very disappointed if Ramos is the new USMNT coach. I've watched Tab play since he was at NC State and have always admired his technique on the field. But I've seen nothing since then that suggests Tab is close to being the right guy for this job at this critical time.

JPAR, ProudNatRN and TrickHog repped this.
  18. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Okay, this GBS rumor is gaining traction.

I don't want to get excited yet...

TrickHog, L.A. Native and hav77 repped this.
  19. galvanator

galvanator Member

Dec 5, 2006
    Atascadero, CA USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But if Berhalter takes the USMNT job, it seems natural that GBS would go to Columbus...

ragbone and TrickHog repped this.
  20. 7E23

7E23 Member+

Jul 7, 2008
    Long Beach
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

21. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whaaaaat?

Edit: these guys sure don't like looking in more than one place, do they?

generaladmissision18 and TrickHog repped this.
  22. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    No mention of Boca's physio? or guy who sweeps up the locker room?

23. ProudNatRN

ProudNatRN Member

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Jun 10, 2002
    Norwalk, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever happens I think we should retain Kinnear in some sort of associate head coach role, a la Sarachan during Bruce's tenure...

WarGalaxy repped this.
  24. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a good idea, at least if Kinnear is willing to take a step back from #2 to more front office or advisory (apparently GBS is bringing his assistant if he comes to MLS). Kinnear, for all his faults, had the guts to bench $1.5m in defense and has actually brought some semblance of stability to the team. While I don't want him to be the head guy next season, he'd be a good resource.

25. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'm not sure GBS would leave Boca Juniors for Columbus. The Galaxy head coach position is the most desirable job for an up and coming coach due to the profile of the club. Despite our bad 2 seasons we're still the leagues flagship team.

TrickHog repped this.