Official 2018 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yamane? Oo-kay... ?
    Defense - the usual suspects :) (look, a Shark :inlove:)
    Midfield - why Naomoto? Did she do anything outstanding or impressive in the previous games? I might have missed it. About Hasegawa: High hopes, but did she fullfill those? I can’t remember.... Or did she do her job quietly and as expected?
    The front looks good (but it always does). Hopefully we can take advantage of that.

Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.
  2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Looks quite good on paper. Or, at least, like the best that we can currently deploy. We get back all of our internationals (Kumagai, Ustugi, Yokoyama), since this time clubs can't deny them: not only these are FIFA dates, but there are other friendly tournaments around for NTs all over the world, including SheBelieves Cup in USA.
    Talking about internationals, I am also mildy surprised by the return of Yamane, not per se but because she didn't play in Real Betis in the last weeks and I am not sure why: I had supposed an injury, but apperently she's not injured (or is she and is supposed to recover in time for Algarve?). Maybe Real Betis waived her for some reason? :cautious: @KAPIJXM, do you have any insight?

Ariyoshi is back. :) She's listed as a Midfielder? o_O Mmmm... :cautious:

Miyake is a good choice to pair with Kumagai. Another sound choice is Ichise, but anyway I'd say we're covered with CBs (also considering that, in case of emergency, Utsugi can play that role: she's listed as a DF, although she mostly plays in the midfield in Seattle). Looks like Oya became a fixture by now: I wonder why no Division 1 club offered a contract to her yet... :cautious: I am interested in watching Shimizu being tested vs international opposition: she did well at youth level, but now international players are in general taller and bigger than her. Kitagawa, apparently, has been relegated to Challenge team at the moment, but I wouldn't mind watching her in Senior NT again in the future.

In the midfield, I actually keep having faith in Hasegawa and I guess she did well enough in this first year in Senior NT, in my opinion. I agree with #5nadeshikofan that I would like to see much more from Naomoto to grant her a place, instead: ok, she didn't have much playing time to show her strengths, but she anyway looked quite ordinary to me when she was tried.
    The name that surprises me the most in the midfield is Masuya: in my view she had a quite mediocre season in INAC last year and she looked in general regression as a player: I'll be happy if she can prove me wrong.

Offense can look good on paper, but goals keep being our problem, unless Yokoyama gets back soon to her former self: Mina Tanaka is a chance-waster; Sugasawa was at her peak in 2014-2015 and never looked as much reliable later; Iwabuchi could be our best asset if she wasn't so injury-prone (apparently her latest injury wasn't really serious, though, since she's back in the roster already); Haji is a good assist-woman and creates a lot of space along the front-line but I can't see her as the finisher we need. Bottom line: we have to hope for help from Nakajima and Sakaguchi scoring from the midfield or we need Yokoyama's goals at all costs!!! :devilish:

Lately I am a little lazy in comparing names from the various rosters from the recent past: any important names are missing who had significant playing time in 2017? Please someone help me making out this piece of info. :coffee:

unepomme and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  3. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    For what I've seen in their page, she is with the team since January 16th, after she came back form Japan for "personal problems" they said. I hope the problem wasn't about an acclimation one, like sometimes happens with Japanese players in Spain.

unepomme and blissett repped this.
  4. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    First impression on seeing the squad....

Can't understand why Arioshi is listed in midfield...we're already overflowing with midfielders...perhaps it's just on paper and she will play in her usual position...hope so.

Masuya's selection is a mystery... especially in midfield.....Yu Nakasato should have had the spot in my opinion.

Naomoto....have to agree with 5nadeshikofan....haven't seen any past NT performances where she's made significant input but perhaps Takakura is betting on her fulfilling her potential.

In attack it's the usual suspects...no surprise there....will be interesting to see what pairings Takakura picks for the various games....presumably we ought to see what see considers her strongest in the first game against the Euro champs.

I know it's late in the day for further experiments with the Asia qualifying games looming up but I would like to see Takakura play Sameshima in the middle with Kumagai...(.she's so quick that she could neutralise an oppositions 'over the top ball' that teams have been so successfull with against us in the past)
    It's just an idea!

Can't wait for start....hoping to meet up with fellow travellers I met at last years tournament and hopefully meet some new ones.

blissett and unepomme repped this.
  5. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    You may be right, but in my eyes of a Beleza fan she was one of the most threatening players in Inac because of her quick turn with the ball; rare in Japan.

blissett repped this.
  6. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Transfer info:

Arakawa Eriko: from Nittaidai to Chifure
    Yonei Honoka: from JFA Academy to SD Eibar

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, after Kanako Ito, that's another name that Chifure is claiming back from promoted Nittaidai: basically, they want to have another blue-dressed team with the same players at the top of Division 2? :giggle:

It looks like Saitama has a clear plan: recostructing the old team that had them promoted in Division 1 a pair years ago. But all of these players are older now: everyone knows how much I admire Arakawa, but I am wondering if these players still really have another great season in them to catch promotion one more time. :coffee:

8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Aussie W-League update:

- Yukari Kinga is in the final! :) Her team, Melbourne City FC just beat regular-season-winners of Brisbane Roar by 0-2. The Grand Final will happen next week-end, on 18th of February; last year, Yukari didn't manage to get the title with Canberra United: will she make it with title-holders of Melbourne City this season? :)
    Judging from short highlights from Westfield W-League official website, There could have been a PK for Brisbane in first half; in second half, though, both Melbourne's goals were stunners, especially the second one by Fishlock. You will notice that the action for that goal was started by our Kinga herself. :) She basically played the whole match (was subbed-out at 90'+3', just for time-wasting reasons, I guess).
    Should she win next week, would it be the first time a Japanese player wins Australian League? Any data-digger-nerd can search that for me? :coffee::p:giggle:

I remind everyone that, although Frauen-Bundesliga is still in break, this afternoon a stray-match from 10th match-day will be played, 1.FFC Frankfurt-SGS Essen. Kumi Yokoyama should arguably be on the pitch for Frankfurt. :coffee:

NoDefense and unepomme repped this.
  9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    (Depressing) Frauen-Bundesliga update :unsure::

- Kumi Yokoyama was subbed out at 69'. Later, at 90'+2', SGS Essen scored, so Frankfurt lost the home game by 0-1 and is now very far from the top of the chart, currently at 5th place. It doesn't look like Kumi can break this bad spell: as I mentioned above, this doesn't look very promising for Algarve. :(

Manchester Nadeshiko and unepomme repped this.
  10. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    According to the FFC website, Kumi provided a good chance when she served acorner kick and was close to scoring herself at 65 minutes, but missed. She was mentioned twice in the piece.

11. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Small news:
    Our Algrave Cup rivals - Denmark roster
    Big news:
    Caitlyn Foord is out of AFC Cup - injured, hope she will get better soon.
    (for me Australia without Foord is like Nadeshikos without Utsugi)

12. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Denmark....watched Nadia Nadim live last Sunday (WSL...Manchester City v Liverpool) and she was no danger to anyone....Vastly overrated.

Australia...Caitlyn Foord...get well soon.

blissett and unepomme repped this.
  13. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #213 Lechus7, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lechus7 repped this.
  15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lechus7 posted this picture on Algarve 2018 thread.

[​IMG]

Looks like a normal Nadeshiko Japan roster for Algarve 2018. Nothing new, isn't it? We already knew that from some days ago. Except...

Is it me, or we didn't know yet about Madoka Haji's transfer? :geek: She's now listed as a Vegalta Sendai Ladies' player. So she will keep playing in Division 1 in season 2018, after all! :giggle:

Edit: apparently, Yamane is also confirmed as a Real Betis' player, although she didn't play in last weeks.

Lechus7 repped this.
  16. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
  17. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The transfer of Haji was reported a few weeks ago in this forum along with the announcement to get married... But I am too lazy to look for it.

unepomme and Lechus7 repped this.
  18. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Me too.:p

19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    These three players have something in common: they can make technical wonders leaving you open-mouthed and transfixed.

At least one of them has to join this with continuity and reliability at high level, to find a permanent place in our NT. These are the kind of players I like to see on the pitch, so I hope at least one out of three could make it.

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I had that vague feeling too, but I used the "search" button on this thread and found nothing: you mean that it had been announced in 2017 thread already? :cautious:

21. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    :eek: time flies....! Yes, 2017.

blissett repped this.
  22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    For records, these are the highlights of the game. It looks like Kumi Yokoyama became the standard FKs' and CKs' taker for 1.FFC Frankfurt indeed and her assists always look quite dangerous. On the other hand, it also looks like, if it wasn't for GK Désirée Schumann, the game could have gone even worse for Frankfurt... :unsure:

23. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw

(there is series of new articles on AFC page)

24. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Jef's new coach, captain Ueno and 5 new members:

blissett and KAPIJXM repped this.
  25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Is new coach known? Where was she coaching before?