Official 2018 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I guess it is. :unsure: Or it least, although I don't know Polish, this is what a black screen with the writing "Przepraszamy, wideo nie jest dostepne na terenie Twojego kraju" makes me believe. :cautious:

Lechus7 repped this.
  2. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    But being a deffensive player is not "media" enough to win some individual trophy, right, FIFA?

Manchester Nadeshiko and Lechus7 repped this.
  3. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

Nadeshiko League
    Beleza (Tanaka, Hasegawa) 2-0 Mynavi
    Nittaidai (Hirata) 1-2 Nojima (Hirano, Tanaka Mebae)
    Cerezo 0-1 Jef (Sakuramoto)

Nadeshiko League 2
    Nippatsu (Kaga) 1-1 Ehime (Yamashiro)
    Bunnys 0-2 Harima (Katsurama, Chiba)

Challenge League West
    Konomiya (Kitaura) 1-3 JFA (Endo 2, Watanabe)
    Nagoya (Takeuchi, Hasegawa) 2-1 Cerezo Girls (Matsumoto)

Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.
  4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Fumina! :inlove: And Sonoko! :p These two girls keep Albion afloat alone...

5. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Tomorrow's games:

Nadeshiko League
    Albi vs Urawa 13:00
    Nagano vs Inac 13:00

Nadeshiko League
    Chifure vs Orca 13:00
    Shizuoka vs Belle 13:00
    Setagaya vs Iga 13:30

Challenge League East
    Yamato vs Tokiwagi 11:00
    Jumonji vs NORD 13:00
    Niigata vs Tsukuba 16:00

Challenge League West
    Kibi vs Ange Violet 13:00

blissett repped this.
  6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    After watching today's highlights on mycujoo (this round we're missing Cerezo-JEF):

- The posts are Stella's friends: both goals by Nojima were scored by hitting the inner post and bouncing in. :laugh: The score anyway looked well deserved, and Nojima Stella Kanagawa Sagamihara can now be considered the legitimate surprise of this league: next week they play at home vs Albirex, and they could even take advantage of the clash between the two teams in front of them to try to catch up with one of them (or to even take the lead, should INAC lose two games in a row). :giggle:

- Talking about the two teams who are ahead: we're going to see what INAC will do tomorrow in Nagano, but, whatever the result is, it looks like next week's Nadeshiko League "clasico" between INAC and Beleza will probably be the last chance for the girls in green to change the inertia of this season, that's slowly but steadily slipping in INAC hands.
    About today's match, I only have to say: Mina Tanaka won't have the time to stop the ball, adjust it better and then take a shot undisturbed vs defenses at the international level, as she could do today: ok, she can score in Nadeshiko League, but you seldom see her take a volley shot or anyway showing any sense of urgency; Yokoyama is in a different league (both literally and metaphorically). I keep hoping for different solutions than her in our starting line-up for WWC 2019.

7. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Methinks if the 'girls in green' lose that one it's goodbye to any chance of another league title.

unepommekun and blissett repped this.
  8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I was noticing that, with this page, we passed the #2000-post mark in this year's thread, and we're not even at half the year. :coffee: Ok, AFC Asian Cup surely did help, but I'd say we're not doing bad: Nadeshiko Japan thread is alive and kicking. :cool:

Back to business: NWSL update.

- Chicago Red Stars depressingly lost at home to Orlando Pride by 2-5! :( they're now three points behind 4th-place, and thet have played a game more than the teams ahead of them: it doesn't look good at all for their play-off chances right now. :unsure: The only good part is that Yuki Nagasato played an awesome game: she had both assists for Sam Kerr's goals (at some point, Chicago had managed to catch up with Orlando on 2-2, although it didn't last for long) and, as you can see in highlights, she send two other awesome through-balls in the box for Kerr that could have easily been turned into goals also. Yuki doesn't score much these days, but I'd say that her ability to create chances could be something to take into account for our NT also: after Kawasumi's return, Nagasato being back soon too? Can we make WWC 2019 the umpteenth effort by the veterans from 2011? The only important thing is of course to put together the best team to maximize our chances, with no ideological bias: if the veterans are playing well, and calling them is our best shot at winning the whole tournament, so be it. :ninja:
    Highlights:

- Sky Blue FC 0 Seattle Reign FC 1; one could have expected a more resounding result vs the hopeless dead-last team of NWSL (sporting an unpresentable soon-to-be 36 Carli Lloyd walking her Sunset Boulevard), but we'll pick it up. Reign keeps comfortably sitting at 2nd place with one game still in hand to other teams: mid-week loss stung, but the team keeps being in good shape anyway. Kawasumi was rested on the bench this time (giving some playing time to Ghanaian young prospect Elizabeth Addo instead), while Utsugi is now seen as one of the stalwarts of this Seattle team and it's very uncommon that she skips even a single minute of each game. :cool: Rapinoe (who else?) was the scorer.
    Highlights:

unepommekun repped this.
  9. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    It looks like an interesting league I'd like to follow more... the Korean FA puts basically all the matches on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmKXScdh2pQQ8AJ67VhB3RyCrJPOq7q64 (in Korean, surprisingly!)

There was a WK-League thread, but it kinda disappeared into a men's junior thread last year. Do you think it would be OK to revive the old one? (https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/wk-league-thread-r.2015793/)

As a NZ resident I guess I'm required to trashtalk ahead of the big match. So, here goes, "Welcome to Aotearoa, would you like some tea" :coffee:

#5nadeshikofan and blissett repped this.
  10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not sure if it's worth, if there is not enough interest for the women's league here on these boards in general. :cautious: Maybe some updates on this very Nadeshiko thread would do better, at least for us, who could see Fuka Nagano at work. :)

Yes, the Korean language barrier is high for most of us (me in particular): would you care to point us to some of Nagano's team highlights, or at least to give us the name of the team in Korean, so we can do researches on our own? :notworthy:

Make sure to stop by here the day of the match, for more interesting trash-talking! :p

11. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

Nadeshiko League
    Albi 0-3 Urawa (Kira 2, Sugasawa)
    Nagano (Sakamoto) 1-1 Inac (Michigami)

Nadeshiko League 2
    Chifure (Ito 2, Suzuki) 3-2 Orca (Kojima, Urashima)
    Shizuoka (Hirano, Horie, Shiozawa) 3-0 Belle
    Setagaya 0-2 Iga (Ogawa, Sugita)

Challenge League East
    Yamato (Ohya, Ohzeki) 2-1 Tokiwagi (Tsuda)
    Jumonji (Kojima 2) 2-4 NORD (Matsuyama, Ozaki, Mitsuhori, Marugata)
    Niigata (Doi, Kaneshige, Masuda) 3-1 Tsukuba (Kamei)

Challenge League West
    Kibi 0-0 Ange Violet

Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.
  12. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Of course we'll win it:cool:, I hope.:unsure:

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  13. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I would be a lot happier if any different team from the league won it :p

14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So, since your Iga is currently winning Division 2, you always have the chance to root for Nojima in Division 1, just for this season. :D

KAPIJXM repped this.
  15. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Or maybe Nagano, everyone excepts the 2 big teams.

And I don't have anything against them, but a league becames too bored if always win the same team (like France) or 2 teams.

16. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  17. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Incheon Hyundai Steel Red Angels ....think her squad No is 25

18. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Think it's more like INAC's to lose more than Beleza's to win this season but you never know.
    AC Nagano did us a favour this weekend and took 2 points off them so the gap is down to 2 points at the top.

19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I would have liked to have it written in Korean also, since all of the sources seem to be in that language. ;)

20. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Sorry...can't help you with that one...I just hit the 'translate to English button' and let the auto translate do all the work.

21. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    28, apparently (her Twitter profile pic)

[​IMG]

Last two games Fuka Nagano was involved in for the Red Angels:
    Incheon Hyundai Steel (인천현대제철) v Boeun Sangmu, May 4 (highlights / full match)
    Incheon Hyundai Steel v Gumi Sportstoto, May 14 (full match / skip to kickoff)

She was benched in their latest match on May 25 AFAIK. Wikipedia has a little WK-League info in English for this season.

Post with thanks to Google Translate and the Ctrl+F button.

22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #2023 blissett, May 28, 2018
    Last edited: May 28, 2018
    Thank you very much: this "sort of" coverage of Korean League that you posted here is very precious to us. :notworthy:

Also, the Wikipedia link that you mentioned reminded me of the fact that right now Asuna Tanaka and Chiaki Minamiyama too are playing in WK-League. :geek:

Lechus7 repped this.
  23. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Talk of foreign leagues reminded me that the final form of the re-structured womens league in England was announced earlier today:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44279069

There will be 11 teams in the 'Super League' and 12 in the 'Championship' -- plenty of room for prospective overseas Japanese players (!), although it has to be admitted their track record in the English game has not been great.

24. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You guys are free to update the WK-League or the Women's NT thread in BSK. The members there would not mind at all.

Usually, I follow the WK-League twitter account for league updates (mostly in Korean). Also, Hal Kaiser for Korea NT updates. He occasionally tweets about the WK-League.

https://twitter.com/WK_LEAGUE
    https://twitter.com/Hal_Kaiser