Official 2018 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's transfer info:

Tomari Shiho - FC Wacker Innsbruck

Iga Kunoichi announced 12 new members (including promoted ones from its youth).
    Noichi Aya (Belle)
    Mori Hitomi (Setagaya)
    Sawada Yuka (Bunnys)...etc.

Manchester Nadeshiko and KAPIJXM repped this.
  2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Very interesting: so she feels she needs trying the experience of overseas football, maybe also in a development for NT persepctive.

Of course, she's not very known at the international level, but anyway I wonder about the choice of Austrian League. It produced a team that was semi-finalist at Euro 2017, although most of the stronger players actually play in Frauen-Bundesliga. I've been several times in Austria, and in fact I had seen women's football briefly mentioned in media, although I am not sure how good the women's football's enviromment is (and anyway, I've been in Vienna only, not in Innsbruck).
    By the way, Innsbruck is quite close to Italy: Tomari will be one of the closest Japanese players ever to the place where I live! :eek:

I wonder about AC Nagano Parceiro. They missed Yokoyama last season, now Tomari. I guess they need to reinforce their team if they don't want to live a difficult season. :unsure:

Well, this market campaign seems to indicate that Kunoichis are serious about the wish to get back in Division 1 right away. I am expecially intrigued by the signing of Hitomi Mori: she has always played in Sfida Setagaya FC and, some seasons ago, she had even made the team fight for promotion, with her goals (maybe they had even play-off for Division 1, once, if I remember well); then both her and the team had slowly but steadily faded down. I wonder if Iga is the right place for her to flourish again and to finally grab that elusive promotion that she had missed with Sfida Setagaya. :)

unepomme and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  3. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    blissett and unepomme repped this.
  4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, isn't 21 of March a little late, despite the necessity of accomodating Algarve Cup at the beginning of the month? Or did it always start at the end of the March? :cautious:

Anyway, the odd thing is that, because of AFC Asian Cup, there will be two match-days and then a long stop of more than one month (from 25 of March to 28 of April). o_O

Despite some occasional interesting piece of news it seems to me that the market has been pretty quiet, so far. Not that it has ever been so much lively in Nadeshiko League, but I would expect some good coup before the beginning of the league.

Manchester Nadeshiko and unepomme repped this.
  5. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    #5nadeshikofan and unepomme repped this.
  6. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  7. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    I have not read or seen any pieces on T.V. quoting any players comments about their new boss but you can be sure that they will tow the party line when asked.
    For me, as well as well yourself I suspect, this is a mere sideshow.
    The news that really matters is Nadeshiko related news.

blissett repped this.
  8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Aussie W-League update:

- For the second consecutive year, Yukari Kinga reaches play-off of the Australian League! :) This time, though, it was tougher than previous season, since they secured 4th place at the last match-day of the regular season only! The final score was Newcastle Jets - Melbourne City FC 0-3: all goals were in 2st half and Yukari scored the 3rd one with an header. :ninja:
    Here you can see highlights (Melbourne was wearing an odd second kit with red-and-white stripes; for some reason the audio was muted in the action of Kinga's goal o_O): https://www.w-league.com.au/video/full-time-highlights-newcastle-jets-v-melbourne-city-fc

9. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Have been searching in vain for any news about Yuri Kawamura....Still appears on Courage players profile page......anyone?

10. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
  11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'll quote a conversation I had some months ago (end of October 2017) on the NC Courage Offseason 2017-2018 thread here on BigSoccer:

This happened more than three months ago.

In these last weeks, NWSL teams are finalizing their rosters for 2018 season and they're quite crowded right now, not only because 2018 College Draft took place a pair weeks ago, but also because one of the teams, Boston Breakers, folded and their players were distributed to other NWSL teams via a Dispersal Draft. This means that many teams will have to trim down their rosters to a manageable size in the next days.
    No news about Kawamura, though: as of now, what's been said some months ago stands and NC Courgae should still have her under contract.

No news about her recovery either, though, so it could depend on that also. I guess the number of months passed between her injury and now could have left the time to her to get on the pitch again (or at least to start training in the gym), but I didn't hear anything about that. Maybe unepomme, having access to sources in Japanese, can somehow help us? :cautious: Although normally Japanese people are very reserved for what concerns players' health.

12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Some years ago, there was a very good three-parter TV-special on YouTube about the history of women's football in Japan, that included interviews with some of the players who were on the pitch for the first match ever of Japanese NT (not yet called Nadeshiko Japan back then): it was 1981 and Japan lost badly to... Italy! :)

That YouTube video was shut down quite soon and I don't think it can still be found anywhere on the net. It's a shame, 'cause it was a beauty! :unsure:

13. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Well, it can be found on my google drive.. :D If anyone's intrested here's the link
    (it's in 12 parts)

14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You're awesome as ever Lechus7!!! :D

If one would want to download it entirely, how much space should it take?

15. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    A little over 640MB.

blissett repped this.
  16. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    A gem straight out of Lechus7's treasure chest....cheers mate.

blissett repped this.
  17. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nadeshiko Challenge training match:
    0-10 Cerezo Osaka U18

blissett repped this.
  18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I hope Yoko Tanaka scored! :p

19. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Oh, sorry. My writing seems to have been confusing.:oops:

Nadeshiko Challenge team 0-10 Cereso Osaka U 18 (boys)

blissett repped this.
  20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh, ok... I thought it was vs U18 girls, so I had assumed they had won! :laugh:

21. Bop N Cool

Bop N Cool Member

マイナビ仙台レディース
    Mar 18, 2012
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    She is not "planning." She "thinks" that it would be great if she can make an academy to grow players, that would make the J team rank on the top of the world again.

Lechus7, unepomme and blissett repped this.
  22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thanks for the translation, @Bop N Cool, and welcome back on board! :)

Lechus7 repped this.
  23. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  24. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    GK Yamane, Ikeda, Yamashita
    DF Sameshima, Utsugi, Kumagai, Takagi, Ohya, Miyake, Shimizu, Ichise
    MF Sakaguchi, Ariyoshi, Nakajima, Naomoto, Masuya, Sumida, Hasegawa
    FW Haji, Yokoyama, Sugasawa, Iwabuchi, Tanaka

KAPIJXM, #5nadeshikofan, Lechus7 and 2 others repped this.