Official 2018 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I hope that the presence of Iwabuchi in the picture is not just marketing, but she's actually supposed to have recovered from her injury come the day of the match. :cautious:

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  2. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    San Francisco, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just found this!!!:eek:
    Screenshot_20180118-150317.png

blissett repped this.
  3. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
  4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hey, there is Ichinose in the roster. :geek: And now I know who she is! :laugh:

Ikeda even called 4 GKs: is he very unsure about this position? :cautious: By the way I know very well Momoko Tanaka (probably the best one) and Hannah Stambaugh (anyway close), I learnt to know Mai from the Fukuta sisters, but I am not sure about Yui Wakabayashi: did anyone see her play? Only thing I know of her is she has the same family name as another Jef's hottie. :D

Anyway: on paper, the team looks like a bunch of players who could very well rule at U-20 WWC level also. :cool:

unepomme repped this.
  5. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    blissett repped this.
  6. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Algarve Cup....
    Five odd weeks to go and still no dates or venues announced....
    Portugese Football Federation web site is about as usefull as an ashtray on a motorbike

(well I suppose it's not like they are expecting sell out crowds but surely they must have the imformation by now)

unepomme and blissett repped this.
  7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    My personal experience from the past years suggests in fact that Portugal Federation's website is a blank wall as regards to Algarve Cup.

For your information you'd better rely on the other single federations involved, who will surely sooner or later announce their respective NT's matches with relative locations (and the info should be then picked up by sites as Women Soccer United or just Wikipedia).

8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    unepomme repped this.
  9. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nadeshiko League transfer news (2):

Ohno Shinobu: Inac - Nojima
    Kado Yuka: Bunnys
    Irie Miki: Mynavi - Albi
    Kodama Keiko: Albi - (overseas?)

Lechus7 and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I was thinking she was going to try to go overseas again (the way Kinga did) or to retire. Well, I am curious to see if she'll find some kind of a new youth by playing the offensive-terminal in Stella: they sure need someone to pair with Minamino, especially now that Michelle Pao retired (I am curious to see if Shinobu and Arisa will pair well, though, since it seems to me they are a quite similar type of FW).

Oh, old Belle's veteran is on stage again? :geek: Good old Mumf would be happy to hear that, as well as And G. And GiraffeRunFast (if anyone remembers about him :laugh:) would be happy to see her reinforce Bunnys' mission in Division 2... :sneaky: GO BUNNYS! :ninja:

She never delivered all the goods she had showed in Hinomoto High School some years ago. I wish her to finally break through in Albi! :)

How old is she by now? I guess it would be more important to have younger promising players try the overseas adventure, but I am curious anyway to see where she will end playing.

unepomme repped this.
  11. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's good news:
    Miyazawa Hinata joins Beleza.:)

12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lol, good news for Beleza (and admittedly for the development of our NT), but bad news for the rest of Division 1 clubs! :p

13. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Great news.....great for her development as a must be N.T. player of the future.
    Not so good news for the league though.
    If the "green machine" continue to grab the promising 'up and comers' it's only gonna make the league less competitive and that's not good for the future.
    (wonder if she had any other offers?)

blissett repped this.
  14. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC

blissett repped this.
  15. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    The other transfer news:

Ito Kanako: Nittaidai - Chifure
    Ohtaki Ami: Paris FC - Nippatsu

blissett repped this.
  16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh, so she prefers to come back home at her former club in Saitama then trying again the Division 1 adventure with a newly promoted Nittaidai?
    Yokohama's team will have a hard time finding a decent replacement for her. On the other hand, at her age she probably prefers being the juggernaut she is in Division 2 than just a role-player in Division 1. She's a record-woman for promotions: Chifure Elfen Saitama knew very well where to look to try to get back in Division 1 right away!

Makes sense. She had a quite "soft" comeback to professional football in France (where she probably feels at home), but if she's serious about resuming with her career, she can't remain in a club where she's a luxury bench-warmer with some spare played minutes from time to time. Nippatsu looks like a good choice, especially because she will find my good old friend Emi Yamamoto as a captain, and I am sure she's going to have a good advice or two for her future career. :giggle: Now I have twice the good motivations to root for Seagulls in Division 2 next season.

17. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Many interesting parts in her interview. Coming back to NT for 2020 Olympics won't be easy for sure, but after all, as Ami herself said, nothing's impossible: we surely have a scoring problem and if she'd manage to become one of the possible keys to solve it, she could maybe find a place for herself.

I didn't know she was Yokohama-born: so she just found a place in one of her two home teams. I guess it's better for her to re-start with Japanese football in Division 2, and not to try joining Nittaidai instead (or maybe it's them who didn't want her?).

The fact that she studied management reminds me of a piece of news I had heard about one year ago or such: that she was in my town, Milano, to study at Bocconi University (some kind of economics-related master, I guess). Did I dream, or we had actually read something of the kind? For sure, if she really was here for some time, I didn't have the luck to meet her in her Italian stint! :p

unepomme, dakota701 and KAPIJXM repped this.
  19. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  20. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    You're all right blissett?

blissett repped this.
  21. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
  22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You referring to the railway accident that happened this morning? Actually it was very near Milano, but not really in town, where I live and work. So it especially involved commuters who were traveling from the neighborhood to come working downtown.

I am ok. Thanks for your care, and a thought to the victims. :unsure:

23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mmm... it says "This video is not available". :unsure: Change of address or was it erased?

24. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    blissett repped this.
  25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, Japan-Iceland in particular is the same match at the same venue, and I remember it very well! :p Only difference is it's one day earlier than last year and starts 40 minutes later in the afternoon. :giggle:

I won't be there this time, but I hope we will get good streamings (at the moment, I guess I should be able to follow the Netherlands and Iceland matches, but I should miss quite entirely the Denmark one).

@Manchester Nadeshiko, please, make sure that you appear on camera so we can see you from our homes. :giggle: Also, say "Hi" by my part to my idols (or to journalist Kei Matsubara, if she keeps following the event) and apologize for my absence! :giggle:

Edit: for reference, there is also a Wikipedia page, although it's not updated yet with the matches.

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.