Official 2018 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Division 1 Féminine update:

- This match-day, the clash between the teams where our Japanese girls in France play was scheduled: unsurprisingly, OL defeated Paris FC with a 0-4 score (the only mild surprise is that Paris FC's girls were spared the typical 5th goal). Nothing new on the Paris FC's front, since Ami Otaki didn't see the pitch; it's more surprising, though, that in OL Kumagai was subbed-in at 74' only: when Henry recently came back from NWSL, it was obvious that one of OL's starters in the midfield had to be sacrified and at the moment it looks like it's Saki, as much important that she has always been so far for her team. o_O Maybe I am reading too much into a random situation, but it's the second time in a row that she doesn't start and that she's subbed-in in the middle of 2nd half only (the Coupe de France match vs a regional-league team could have been just a coincidence, but the league match could be a worse signal: we're going to see what happen in the next matches, including Champions' League ones).
    You can see short highlights from the match starting at about 2'35" of the following video (by the way, in the action of 3rd Hegerberg's goal, wasn't Majri off-side? o_O):

2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Liga Fémenina's update:

- Real Betis beats Espanyol by 2-0, but once again (as it happened in last week's derby vs Sevilla) Erina Yamane wasn't on the pitch nor on the bench. I have to believe that she's injured: does anyone know anything about this situation? :cautious: I checked Real Betis's website (it doesn't have any news about women's team) and Real Betis Féminas' Twitter account, but I didn't find any mention of Erina.

In the same match, though, I found trace of another Japanese player: I remember that, in last year thread, someone had posted a very interesting list of Japanese players in Spanish leagues at various levels; I don't remember if Ayaki Shinada had been mentioned: apparently, she plays in Espanyol Barcelona, and she entered at 46' of the match vs Real Betis (earning a Yellow Card soon after). Where did she play in Japan, before transfering in Spain? Here is a photo from yesterday's match:

[​IMG]

To complete the report about Japanese players in Spanish First Division, Michi Goto ungloriously sat on the bench all time in a Real Sociedad's loss by 3-1 in Valencia. I also found another name that I didn't remember of in next-to-last placed club Santa Teresa CD: in yesterday's away loss by 1-0 vs Athletic Bilbao, there was a Japanese player on the pitch for 63' minutes, some Hitomi Tomiyama. I confess I don't remember where she comes from either.

3. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    "Ayaki Shinada (Espanyol)
    Tomo Matsukawa, Hitomi Tanaka (Albacete)
    Ayano Dozono (Granadilla)
    Michi Goto (Real Sociedad)
    Hitomi Tomiyama (Santa Teresa)
    Minori Chiba, Maya Yamamoto (Zaragoza)
    Erina Yamane (Betis)"

It was me, you're welcome again :p

4. dakota701

dakota701 Member

Nov 22, 2012
    This is a little late but I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year, especially to you blissett for keeping us up-to-date on the overseas Nadeshiko players. You have been the heart and soul of this thread and I for one truly appreciate your efforts.

I also want to give a shout out to unepomme for keeping us informed about all the different leagues and tournaments in Japan itself. Without you, we would have no clue what is happening in Japan. どうもありがとうございました!

5. dakota701

dakota701 Member

Nov 22, 2012
    So don't leave us hanging. Who are these two beauties? I tend to find most Nadeshiko league players cute, but a little boyish, but these two…WOW! The first one looks almost like an idol singer. :laugh:

6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thanks. Actually, we've lost quite a few friends along the way, in those last years, and I greatly miss all of these contributions! But I cross fingers for some of them to come back for the Asian Cup 2018 or (especially!!!) for WWC 2019! ;)

dakota701 repped this.
  7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thanks again, KAP. :notworthy: It's very difficult for me to follow Spanish Liga, with so many teams and so many Japanese players, in minor clubs also, so your help is invaluable.

I'll complete this week's report with the other names you mentioned (although it's been a not so good week for Japanese colours):
    - Albacete lost 4-3 to Atletico Madrid; Tomo Matsukawa was on the pitch for the whole game, while Hitomi Tanaka sat on the bench;
    - Ayano Dozono wasn't listed for Granadilla (that anyway won by 3-1 an home match vs Rayo): maybe she's injured? :cautious:
    - Zaragoza lost by 2-0 to league-leaders of Barcelona; Maya Yamamoto played the whole game, while I saw no trace of Minori Chiba (maybe injured too?).

unepomme and KAPIJXM repped this.
  8. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    It's my favorite eyes!
    Show Spoiler
    Kitagawa Hikaru

dakota701 and blissett repped this.
  9. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Some article says that Waseda captain and the Empress's Cup MVP Nakamura Mizuki is now trying to enter Spanish Liga.

10. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Both are Kitagawa.

dakota701 and blissett repped this.
  11. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Sorry, not Empress's Cup, but University Championship

12. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  13. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    宮間あや(元日本女子代表サッカー選手)
    Got the question...does it says above that Aya Miyama is a former soccer player?
    - that note is from symposium held by Tenri University back in November last year where Miyama was one of the invited spekers.
    http://www.tenri-u.ac.jp/calendar/q3tncs00001gx85u.html

Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.
  14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It wouldn't surprise me, since, after one year of silence, I guess few really believe that she will come back. What stings me, though, is that such a key-player for the history of women's football in the world (not only Japan) didn't get any "official" retirement. :unsure: I mean, Sawa had an heck of a final curtain, with the Empress' Cup final from 2016, where she was properly celebrated and even scored and won her final title. Miyama would have surely deserved something similar: her career had to end on the pitch, not through this defeaning silence! :cry:

15. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    San Francisco, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3 more having their day!:thumbsup:
    Beleza Kids.jpg

16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Names, names, names! When they have a so thick make-up and wear a kimono instead of jersey and shorts I am never sure if I actually recognize them!

17. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    San Francisco, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Miura, Kobayashi, Myagawa.

blissett repped this.
  18. frohike

frohike Member

Japan
    Aug 6, 2015
    Spain
    Chiba had a broken tibia and fibula one year ago and is in her final stage of recovery.

Anyone has more info about Mana's injury? I hope is not her knee again

blissett and unepomme repped this.
  19. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Hasegawa Yui; concentrates on eating beef without answering Yabe's questions at all.:ROFLMAO:

blissett repped this.
  20. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    IF... the above is indeed the case....

For a player of the calibre and importance to the womens game as Aya Miyama to fade away like a sunset on a cloudy day is a great sadness.
    Whilst a tickertape parade through downtown Tokyo with a bigscreen video of WWC 2011 playing in the background was never going to happen upon her retirement it would have been nice to read a JFA statement acknowledging her great contribution to Japanese womens football (and indeed world womens football).
    E.g......"Miyama Aya has announced her retirement from international duties to concentrate on... etc etc etc
    JFA would like to acknowledge her contribution to ...etc etc etc......"
    However due to the 'deafening silence' and the absence of a definitive statement about her future from the player herself this was never going to happen either.
    Therefore we are left with a situation I'm sure we would agree is unsatisfactory and unacceptable.
    We seldom if ever get to know the politics etc behind the significant events (and non events) in the game but perhaps at least we hearabouts could do our bit to acknowledge Aya Miyama's contribution to the game.

Would someone (certainly someone with more gravitas than me) on the forum like to volunteer a history/tribute type post that we could sign up to.
    Then at least some of the individuals she brought great joy to will have the opportunity to express their gratitutude and goodwill.

(of course if we subsequently discover of her impending comeback this post is a bit of a non event... however I hope that it would be recieved in the spirit it was intended)

Lechus7, blissett and unepomme repped this.
  21. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  22. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #122 Lechus7, Jan 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    永里:いずれはアカデミーやクラブチームを作れたらと思っています。アカデミーは海外移籍のステップと位置付けて、世界で勝てるチームを育成したい。海外移籍にもれた選手も国内のクラブチームで活躍してもらう。地域とも連携して貢献できるようなチームにしていきたいです。日本女子サッカーがまた世界のトップになれるよう、自分の経験を活かせたら嬉しいですね。

- above she says that she has plan to start sport academy or soccer team and move it later to US as well(?) all for the sake of improviement of Japan footballl(?)

Anyway It's possible that Nagasato will go Pernille Harder way when off season (Harder's working in her own football academy with children).

(the jumper she wears on the photo in addition to dark trousers - spot on -- lovely and elegant):inlove:

23. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    She also founded a company called Leidenschaft last year since everything is about passion, and below the interview the interviewer likens her with Honda's similar(?) football academy efforts.

blissett, Lechus7 and #5nadeshikofan repped this.
  24. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    アカデミーは海外移籍のステップと位置付けて
    It means that she wants the academy to be one step for going abroad.

blissett, #5nadeshikofan and Lechus7 repped this.
  25. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw

INAC Kobe vs. Suwon City

Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.