Official 2018 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  2. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    I registered an account there (no fee) but I'm not sure if it's even a must...anyway games are already listed on their calendar.
    https://mycujoo.tv/calendar/2018-03-19

3. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    If you go to this link it already has the games up with the time counting down.

https://mycujoo.tv/nadeshiko-league

4. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  5. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The game on Wednesday the 4th of April will kick-off at 19.00 CET.
    Note not much public transport go there. Train go to Quimper and then it is a bus to Concarneau.
    Better book an hotel in Concarneau or drive.

6. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    There is a rumor that the shark won’t be swimming on April 1st vs. Ghana. Sameshima is out due to injury. I am not sure what happened.

blissett repped this.
  7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Aaah! :cry: Sameshima and injury in the same sentence are always bad news!

Let's hope is not something too much serious and we're going to see her anyway at AFC (maybe letting her out could just be a precaution not to risk her skipping AFC? Here's hoping...)

#5nadeshikofan repped this.
  8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    While we wait for Nadeshiko League 2018 to start a few days from now, some little updates from Japanese players abroad. Let's start with France:

- I guess I hadn't mentioned that last week OL had won an home-match vs Soyaux by 5-0 and that Kumagai had scored the first goal (as usual, a PK): Saki has now 5 goals (and 2 assists) in the League. Her goal, this time, is easy to retrieve in highlights, because it's at the beginning of the video:

Yesterday, OL won another league-game, in Lille, by 1-10 (!!!). They used to stop at 4-5 in this league: I wonder if the "punishment" was due to the fact that Lille "dared" to score one, just before Half Time, when the score was already 0-4 for OL. Or maybe, as their website mentioned, OL saw this game as a sort of "training match" for the upcoming WCL match vs Barcelona and so they tried to do their best even vs a sub-optimal opponent. Anyway, once again Saki played the whole match.

OL has now 17 wins out of 17 matches in the league, 51 points (8 points ahead of 2nd placed PSG) and a goal difference of 80 (84 scored, 4 against)! Their Twitter account mentions that they won each game they played in this season in each competion (league, Coupe de France, Champions' League) and that they scored something along the lines of 145 total goals! :eek::eek::eek:

Well, their only big challenge (so to speak...) seems to be Champions' League: we're going to see if any European club can take it away from them or if they're going to win it for the third consecutive year.

unepomme and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sparse news from other leagues:

- 1.FFC Frankfurt is going to play an away match vs SC Sand later this morning (about one hour and a half from now). Not sure if Frauen-Bundesliga website is somehow showing the match live, but they're surely have at least the Live-ticker. Frankfurt is now out of DFB-Pokal (national cup) and quite behind in the league (at 4th place). 2nd place is still somehow within reach, at a 4 points distance, but they should really win most of their games to hold some hope, including today's one. :unsure:
    Let's hope at least for a good performance from Yokoyama, in preparation for AFC Asian Cup.

- In Spanish Liga, Real Betis won a match vs Santa Teresa by 3-0 last week, but it was just 10th of March: Yamane was probably just back from Algarve and she didn't play nor sit on the bench. Yesterday, Real Betis lost by 1-0 an away game vs 3rd-placed Athletic Bilbao: the good news are that Erina Yamane finally played the whole game. :) I didn't find any highlights, so I am not sure if Erina made any relevant save.

- in USA, NWSL is going to start next week; some short updates about the situation of our players there:
    • Seattle Reign FC, who changed their coach and had a massive market campaign (including bringing England's Jodie Taylor as the new central striker) looks stronger than ever and could realistically contend for at least a play-off spot, this year, if not better. Utsugi and Kawasumi look fit and ready: Naho in particular keeps posting on her blog about how excited she is to start the season and about all of the team-bonding activities the team is arranging. :giggle:
    • Yuri Kawamura keeps being part of North Carolina Courage roster (rosters will be finalized on monday, but she's been mentioned multiple times on NC Courage's website, so I assume she's under contract for this season also): she didn't take part to her team's pre-season camp, because she's still recovering from ACL injury, but hopefully she'll become available later in the season.
    • Chicago Red Stars just published a list of injured player and Yuki Nagasato is in it, with an hamstring injury. :unsure: No further info so far about how long could it take for her to recover.

KAPIJXM and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  10. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Yuri Kawamura.....handful of games then out for nearly a year
    Got to be one of the most unlucky overseas moves ever made by Japanese player.Hope she is able to do an Arioshi and get back into N.T contention.
    Mycujoo account at the ready....roll on 21.3.2018

#5nadeshikofan and blissett repped this.
  11. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sameshima was signed with the Dart - I think - some time ago, but never got to play with them due to injury. She was out for a year but was signed by INAC after recovery.

12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    it was the Dash (Houston Dash), actually. ;) If I remember well, it could have been the same year when Kawasumi signed for Seattle Reign for the first time.

#5nadeshikofan repped this.
  13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The game was postponed (most likely due to snow).

14. Sirtel

Sirtel Member

Oct 28, 2015
    Hello everyone.
    Since the start of the new season is just around the corner, I thought it would be useful to update this thread with a transfer overview:
    Div1 player transfers (open)
    Nippon TV Beleza
    IN
    : Hinata Miyazawa (Seisa Shonan), Riko Ueki (Menina), Momoko Tanaka (Menina)
    OUT:

INAC Kobe Leonessa
    IN
    : Lee Mina (Incheon Hyundai Steel), Hisui Haza (Nittaidai), Riko Ushijima (Hinomoto)
    OUT: Shinobu Ohno (Nojima), Asuna Tanaka (Gyeongju KHNP), Manami Sunaga (Harima), Misaki Takemura, Hong Hyeji (Changnyeong WFC)

Urawa Red Diamonds Ladies
    IN
    : Mayu Sasaki (Vegalta), Hana Takahashi (Urawa Youth)
    OUT: Risa Ikadai (retired), Chika Hirao (Niigata), Sayaka Mitani (Nagano)

Vegalta Sendai Ladies
    IN
    : Madoka Haji (Iga), Misaki Nara (Chifure), Kaede Sato (Iga), Kurea Okino (Tokiwagi), Miyu Takahira (JFA), Kano Miyamoto (Hinomoto), Chisa Okugawa (Waseda), Nanako Takeda (Meisei)
    OUT: Natsuki Kishikawa, Mayu Sasaki (Urawa), Brittany Cameron, Asuka Kakazu (Orca), Asuka Nishikawa (Nagano), Miki Irie (Niigata), Miki Hirata (Orca), Caitlin Foord, Yuka Honda (Harima)

Albirex Niigata Ladies
    IN
    : Chika Hirao (Urawa), Miki Irie (Vegalta), Lee Hyokyeong (Hokuriku University)
    OUT: Mika Okakura (Harima), Miyuki Takahashi (Seagulls), Rina Kosuda (Seagulls), Chisato Takamura (Seagulls)

AC Nagano Parceiro Ladies
    IN
    : Asuka Nishikawa (Vegalta), Nana Takahashi (Orca), Yushika Nakamura (Chifure), Sayaka Mitani (Urawa), Yume Takikawa (Tokiwagi), Eri Kotaka (NUHW), Mana Ikezaki (Shobi University), Konomi Uchida (Tsukuba), Yuka Kazama (Tokai University SSHS)
    OUT: Shiho Tomari (Wacker Innsbruck), Marumi Yamazaki (Jef), Mei Hayashizaki, Ayaka Noguchi (retired), Yuki Yajima (Chifure), Shiori Murakoso (Chifure), Kana Hamagaki, Tomoyo Uchiyama (retired), Keiko Kodama

JEF United Ichihara Chiba Ladies
    IN
    : Mai Okubo (Iga), Marumi Yamazaki (Nagano), Chisato Ichinose (Jef U18), Nanami Sone (Jef U18)
    OUT: Midori Isokane (retired), Ayaka Tsurumi (Belle), Nanako Kobayashi (Waseda), Hinako Kurihara

Nojima Stella Kanagawa
    IN
    : Shinobu Ohno (INAC), Mebae Tanaka (Kanagawa University), Arisa Matsubara (Waseda), Fubuki Kuno (Iga)
    OUT: Saki Oyama (retired), Madoka Nagasawa (retired), Michelle Pao (retired), Takako Gonno (Orca), Yurie
    Korekawa (retired), Sorami Kai (Gunma White Star)

Nittaidai Fields Yokohama
    IN
    : Ri Song A (Cerezo Girls), Risa Kanehira (Hinomoto), Miina Matsunaga (Hinomoto), Mai Sekiguchi (Seiritsu Gakuen HS)
    OUT: Hisui Haza (INAC), Kanako Ito (Chifure), Eriko Arakawa (Chifure), Yukiko Shimamura, Natsuki Yamakawa (Seagulls), Saki Matsunaga (Setagaya), Erina Tanaka (Setagaya), Satoko Hirano (retired), Wakiko Kojima (Harima), Ramu Suminaga, Natsumi Kanno, Rena Okutsu, Sakura Ito, Mayu Mizuguchi

Cerezo Osaka Sakai Ladies
    IN
    :
    OUT:

It is also worth noting that Beleza, Inac, Albi and Jef (as well as newly promoted Nittaidai) all changed managers, so they might look a little bit different than what we are used to.

I checked on the Div2 clubs too, since I'll be attending a couple of matches, so I thought I'd put this here too in case anyone is interested:
    Div2 player transfers (open)
    Iga FC Kunoichi
    IN
    : Yuka Sawada (Bunnys), Aya Noichi (Belle), Hitomi Mori (Setagaya), Akari Matsukubo (Chifure), Natsuki
    Tsukamoto (Tokoha Tachibana), Mio Shimano (Otemon Gakuin HS), Akari Matida (Konomiya), Suzuka Fujita (KIU Charme), Risa Kaneshige (Takada JC), Haruna Daiguuji (Iga Satellite), Aya Osuda (Iga Satellite), Noa Kamijima (Iga Satellite)
    OUT: Mio Ohashi (retired), Madoka Haji (Vegalta), Mai Okubo (Jef), Kaede Sato (Vegalta), Haruka Takahashi (Konomiya), Fubuki Kuno (Nojima), Tomoko Fukumaru (Belle), Manami Yoshitake (Harima), Shoko Hashimoto (Konomiya), Minori Ono (Ehime), Maho Yamamoto (Kumamoto Renaissance)

Chifure AS Elfen Saitama
    IN
    : Kanako Ito (Nittaidai), Eriko Arakawa (Nittaidai), Yuki Yajima (Nagano), Shiori Murakoso (Nagano), Minori Tajima (Toyo University), Miyu Someya (Shobi University), Hikaru Yumura (Musashigaoka), Kana Matayoshi (YGU)
    OUT: Yushika Nakamura (Nagano), Misaki Nara (Vegalta), Fuka Sato (Ehime), Akari Matsukubo (Iga), Haruna Sugihara (Jumonji), Yumeka Inoue (Jumonji)

Ehime FC Ladies
    IN
    : Fuka Sato (Chifure), Minori Ono (Iga), Sonoka Matsumoto (NUHW), Kanami Nakamatsu (NUHW), Haruna Iguchi (Toyo University), Minami Yoshihara (Seisen University), Remi Taira (Izumi Techno)
    OUT: Shiori Watai (retired), Hazuki Onoue (retired), Yuki Fujisawa (Anclas), Hinako Nakachi (retired), Mafuyu Muramatsu (retired), Yuka Iwamoto (retired), Rena Watanabe (Renofa Yamaguchi), Saki Nakamura, Satsuki Sako (Yamato Sylphid), Anan Yoshioka (Konomiya)

Orca Kamogawa FC
    IN
    : Asuka Kakazu (Vegalta), Miki Hirata (Vegalta), Nozomi Fujita (Belle), Takako Gonno (Nojima), Seira Kojima (Urawa Youth), Toshiko Saito (Konomiya), Shiho Yoshida (Daitaidai), Mariel Miyoshi Akaogi (Konomiya), Yoshino Nakashima (Tokai University KS HS), Hannah Diaz (Saint Mary's College), Maria Rojas Pino (Gintra)
    OUT: Tomoe Matsunaga (retired), Nana Takahashi (Nagano), Yurina Ishii (retired), Mami Nakamura (retired), Haruna Matsuda (Ange Violet), Rina Hirano (Bayside FC), Eriko Sato (Orca BU), Sayuri Imai (retired)

NHK Spring Yokohama FC Seagulls
    IN
    : Miyuki Takahashi (Niigata), Rina Kosuda (Niigata), Chisato Takamura (Niigata), Natsuki Nagasawa (NUHW), Mizuki Nakamura (Waseda), Mizuki Hirakuni (Waseda), Ami Otaki (Paris FC), Ayako Shimada (Setagaya), Chika Uetsuhara (Tsukuba University), Yukiko Sue (Kobe Shinwa University), Sarasa Nagasawa (Daito Bunka University), Natsuki Yamakawa (Nittaidai), Nao Fujii (Daitaidai), Anna Hirakawa (Shutoku)
    OUT: Kana Yamamoto (retired), Mizuki Yoshida (retired), Misato Ishihara (retired), Maki Yamana (retired), Mayu Fujikake (retired), Maya Asari (retired), Erika Niwa (retired), Yui Tanaka (retired), Manami Shibata (retired)

Sfida Setagaya FC
    IN
    : Erina Tanaka (Nittaidai), Saki Matsunaga (Nittaidai), Mie Umezu (Kanagawa University), Ayaka Nemoto (Kanagawa University), Moeko Yamazaki (Daito Bunka University), Moe Okubo (TIU), Kyoko Kuramochi (TIU), Sayaka Mitsumoto (Musashigaoka), Nanae Ushiyama (Sfida Setagaya youth), Yu Katayose (Sfida Setagaya youth), Tomomi Nomura (Keio University)
    OUT: Maya Nagata (retired), Hitomi Mori (Iga), Ayako Shimada (Seagulls), Ayano Kubo (Machida Zelvia), Miharu Takahashi (retired), Koharu Yoshida (retired)

AS Harima Albion
    IN
    : Manami Sunaga (INAC), Manami Yoshitake (Iga), Yuka Honda (Vegalta), Mika Okakura (Niigata), Nao Kawahara (Waseda), Wakiko Kojima (Nittaidai), Fuki Kinoshita (NUHW), Kanako Saito (Sendai University), Chihoro Ito (Kwansei Gakuin University), Aya Murayama (Asuka HS), Kanami Sinbori (Naruto Uzushio), Kokoro Yoshioka (Harima HS), Natsumi Fujiu (Harima HS)
    OUT: Madoka Fujimoto (retired), Emi Nishiyama (retired), Chiho Minami (retired), Saki Murakawa (retired), Haruka Imai (retired), Maho Yamada (retired), Kana Sakazaki (retired), Park Eun Sung (retired), Marin Fujisawa (Wacker Innsbruck), Akane Shimizu (Nagoya), Hoshimi Kishi, Naho Kanda, Kiko Matsukubo

Okayama Yunogo Belle
    IN
    : Ayaka Tsurumi (Jef), Tomoko Fukumaru (Iga), Mitsuyo Tajima (Konomiya), Miki Sakima (Otemon Gakuin University)
    OUT: Nozomi Fujita (Orca), Miki Asano (Konomiya), Miho Kitaura (Konomiya), Fumika Noma (Bunnys), Natsumi Kameoka, Saki Fujie, Aya Noichi (Iga), Aimi Hagiwara (Machida Zelvia), Suzumi Yoneyama (Machida Zelvia)

Shizuoka Sangyo University Iwata Bonita
    IN
    : Naoka Yatsunami (Musashigaoka), Mayu Kawajiri (Musashigaoka), Yu Shiozawa (Juntendo), Karin Murakami (Fukui HS), Mana Kawai (Fukui HS), Shoko Kanamaru (Nojima Due), Ami Miyashita (Murata Girls HS), Momoka Hikosaka (Iwata Higashi HS) ,Aki Sawada (Kochi Gakuen FC), Sarina Kato (Teikyo Nagaoka HS), Reina Miwa (Iwata Higashi HS)
    OUT: Reiko Terada (retired), Mayu Watanabe (Nankatsu Wings), Akane Nakase, Kiharu Igarashi, Hikaru Kuchiki, Yu Victoria Shing-Hui, Misaki Hara

Bunnys Kyoto SC
    IN
    : Konomi Taniguchi (Konomiya), Fumika Noma (Belle), Kurumi Ogawa (Daitaidai), Yuka Kado, Minami Nakamura (Kwansei Gakuin University), Kirari Shimizu (Fukui HS), Riho Higuchi (Kanto Gakuen University)
    OUT: Yuka Sawada (Iga), Nozomi Takeuchi (Konomiya), Miki Syano (Izumi Techno), Hikari Yoshigoe (retired), Ai Yoshizawa (Konomiya), Asumi Ikeda (retired), Yumiko Shibuya (retired)

15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thank you very much! Very useful and interesting. :)

I would like to comment about some of the news (especially the sad retirement of some players :() but I don't really have the time right now for an extensive analisys. Maybe I'll say something from time to time in the next days.

16. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    #691 unepomme, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    Nadeshiko Japan members for vs Ghana (MS & AD Cup) and Asia Cup:

GK: Ikeda Yamashita Hirao
    DF: Sameshima Ariyoshi Utsugi Kumagai Takagi Miyake Shimizu Ichise
    MF: Sakaguchi Nakajima Naomoto Nakasato Masuya Sumida Hasegawa
    FW: Kawasumi Sugasawa Iwabuchi Yokoyama Tanaka

Sirtel, Lechus7, KAPIJXM and 3 others repped this.
  17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    !!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: !!!!!

:alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien:

After two years of ignoring her, Takakura decides that, when it's a question of qualifying to WWC or not, the good old veteran deserves a call? Wow, although I had strongly suggested this move multiple times in these years, this was unexpected, especially after Naho had been ignored once again in the calls for Algarve.

Maybe Takakura, after an underwhelming Algarve Cup, decided that there is no way to revitalize our offense except recurring to the good old veterans?

Well, I'll further discuss these calls later (because I am now going to go out to work).

I'll only notice two very good news: Sameshima (who was recently reported as injured) and especially Shimizu are both in the squad. :) After watching Risa limping out of the pitch in the last match at Algarve, I wouldn't have bet on her presence at AFC Asian Cup!

Also, I wasn't sure that this round of call would have been both for the Ghana match and Asian Cup! I had the feeling Takakura could have maybe changed her mind about a pair of players in-between. But actually, I see that it makes sense this way: not enough time between the Ghana game and the AFC: this friendly is obviously ment to gel the team together, not to tinker again one last time with the roster!

I'll discuss other points later, but I'll just notice that Yamane was cut from the team! :eek: Takakura preferred to call Hirao at her place. Later, I am going to watch for other names who didn't make the team.

Manchester Nadeshiko and unepomme repped this.
  18. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I forgot to say one point.
    The other three overseas players except Kawasumi will join the team on April 3rd while Naho on March 26th because she would need some time to fit in the team.

Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.
  19. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Takakura's answer about this call is that she couldn't find any strong players enough to play in our attack in the young ones she had tested.

Lechus7 and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  20. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I honestly thought - because she was not playing for Nadeshiko - Kawasumi had retired from international football. Maybe they had an agreement or something?

But Takakura is right. The young strike force has not set the world alight. I like Tanaka as a player, but the way she scores most of her goals for Beleza is by running onto balls chipped over the defense. Against top opposition that is not going to work too often.

The main problem with the forwards is that they don't make the most of their opportunities. I would love to know the conversion rate for players like Tanaka and Iwabuchi in the Nadeshiko League regarding goals scored from goal scoring opportunities. I still think Iwabuchi, Tanaka and Yokoyama are Nadeshiko's best options after Kawasumi, so it will be interesting to see if Kawasumi will make an impact, because she is just class.

I also would like to see them give Nojima's Arisa Minamino a run in the team, but I do not see it happening.

21. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Kawasumi.....what a surprise.....who knows... could this herald the return of Yuki Nagasato or even dare I mention it Aya Miyama.

Because there doesn't seem to be a practice of players announcing their retirement from international duty to 'concentrate on their club careers etc etc' as is often the case elsewhere we always seem to be in the dark regarding who is available and who is not when somebody disappears from the scene.

I do hope Takakura san having recalled Kawasumi will stick with her as far as WWC 2019 and not just use her to bolster up the team to make sure of qualification next month.

other...
    JFA Nadeshiko (eng language site) is now listing Ueki, Miyazawa and Miyagawa under 'players information'....does this mean they are now officially first team squad members?

Lechus7 repped this.
  22. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    You mean Beleza?
    If so, this is the list.
    http://www.verdy.co.jp/beleza/player/

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  23. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    No... they appear on the JFA Nadeshiko (english language) site under the heading of NT 'players information' with photographs and details (although Miyazawa is still listed as a Seisa Kokusai High School player)....Kawasumi now appears on the same list as well.
    I have seen the 'green machine' squad list for the upcoming season as per your link.

24. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Link please.

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  25. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Innsbruck is turning into the place to be in Europe to watch Nadeshiko.. ;).