Official 2018 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
  2. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Sasaki speaks about making league stronger, more professional...and was nominated (by the media?) to JFA board?
    https://www.soccer-king.jp/news/japan/20180309/725870.html

3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    These sure look like great news. I had just complained last year that these days every other women's league in the world seemed to be ahead of Nadeshiko League in the marketing and media exposure domain: NWSL, Westfield W-League, Frauen-Bundesliga, Toppserien, you name it!

I guess getting better at showing your game can only be good for the general growth of the women's football movement.

Also, on this thread, we will able to better discuss about NT selections, strategies, single players, etc. if we finally have access to all the full games (and not just at the random INAC's game here and there).

I suppose the games will be available for free, as for other women's leagues around the world? Or is there any cost involved? :cautious:

Lechus7 and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mmm, now that he's not under the spotlight anymore good old Norio let the grey hair show. :p Make him look more like the wise-man from the mountain... :giggle:

5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  6. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It did not say anything about cost, only that more announcements will be made.

blissett repped this.
  7. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  8. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    It looks like it is going to happen. Here is a link on the Mykujoo website to the press conference announcing the link between the both of them. The Dutch representative starts talking around the 32 minute mark. I only watched a little bit of it because I have to go to bed.

I am just excited at the thought of being able to watch Yoko Tanaka play for Nojima, but I imagine most of the games will feature Beleeza, INAC and Urawa. But this is better than nothing.

https://mycujoo.tv/nadeshiko-league

9. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  10. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    When I read your post, I thought you must be wrong. I've never heard the name of Gatto, and I couldn't imagine any combination of Chinese character about it. And I found out it was 月東, and still I wouldn't have read it right without the katakana.
    By the way, 月東 means "moon east".

blissett repped this.
  11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So I can think of anyone with that family name as an... "eastern-moon-cat"! :laugh:

12. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    Thanks, blisset. I'm always following this thread as much as time allows me, but sometimes I find it difficult to keep up with the volume of messages :p

blissett repped this.
  13. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    blissett repped this.
  14. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    unepomme repped this.
  15. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    blissett repped this.
  16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I randomly connected with a Mongolian Women's Futbal club match (!) and the overall quality didn't seem so bad to me... :coffee:

Any clue about the choice of matches that will be aired?

17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mostly off-topic, but, if you didn't hear already, DFB fired Steffi Jones today (former Germany MNT's FW from the '70s/'80s Horst Hrubesch took the interim).

Actually, it's slightly on topic, because this means that, should we qualify for WWC 2019, we're probably going to find a Germany team with a competent coach there. :rolleyes:

18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Apparently, Naho met former NT team-mates and World Champions Iwashimizu and Ando at the presentation of this year's Nadeshiko League. :giggle:

Does she say anything interesting in her blog about this meeting? (Sorry, but your'e not allowed to copy the pics: I anyway linked you to the blog page in question ;)).

19. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    she basically advertises the league...

KAPIJXM and blissett repped this.
  20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yesterday, 1.FFC Frankfurt lost the quarter-final of DFB-Pokal (German National Cup) to 1.FFC Turbine Potsdam. Kumi Yokoyama played quite all of the match (she was subbed out at 86') and it looks like she was quite well-involved in Frankfurt's offensive play (she provided two good assists for Crnogorcevic), but it wasn't enough for her team to come back from trailing. The fact that Frankfurt seems to play Kumi more as an assist-woman than as a striker maybe explains why Takakura tried her as a winger in Algarve. :cautious::coffee:

Here are highlights from the game:
    https://tv.dfb.de/video/highlights-1-ffc-frankfurt-vs-turbine-potsdam/20881/

unepomme and KAPIJXM repped this.
  21. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    She rarely says anything interesting in her blog, so mumf hated her, I think.:D

22. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I was following her for a while and usually she was advertising something...

23. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
  24. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    blissett repped this.
  25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, given the different time between Japan and Europe, I won't always be able to watch all of the games live, but the offer is anyway incredible, compared to what we used to get in the last seasons! :eek:

I wonder if good highlights will be also available for those games that I won't manage to watch live (as it normally happens in Frauen-Bundesliga, NWSL and such).

Where exactly the games will be available? Directly on Nadeshiko League's website or through the channel's website?

KAPIJXM repped this.