Official 2018 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HS10Legend

HS10Legend Member

Mar 16, 2017
    Germany
    Club:
    NTV Beleza
    This is the answer to my question. Thanks for the reply :giggle:

KAPIJXM repped this.
  2. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    In my last post (reply to And G) I forgot add an apology to the forum members of being guilty of posting what I now now is misinformation.... aging memory is no excuse....Had it not been for And G that post would have gone down as yet another piece of internet 'fakery'....Check before you post....I will in future...Please accept my apology.

And G, Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We are an insightful enough collection of people here that we can, most often than not, piece together the "true" version of any claim that's made here.

On the other hand, I have to thank you for mentioning that piece of info in the first place: I am too young to remember of Dynamo Moscow in the '50s, so you inspired a discussion that enriched my (poor) knowledge of football. Thank you very much both to you and to @And G. :)

Lechus7 repped this.
  4. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, Mexico defeat Brazil 1-0 yesterday, so only with a draw Japan is first. But I don't think this Mexico can even draw with this Japan.

blissett repped this.
  5. ManiacMunkie

ManiacMunkie Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Japan
    Nov 13, 2018
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    They should have scored more but poor finishing let them down in the end. While they were better than Brazil, they still made a lot mistakes trying to keep a high tempo.

blissett repped this.
  6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Slightly off-topic: Korea DPR are winning by 2-0 vs USA at half time and they're a pleasure to see. It looks like second match-day is going to be better for Asian teams, after all. :coffee:

7. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    And if you hadn't said that they played 4-4-2 I wouldn't have double-checked the matches myself, since the rest seemed totally in line with what I remembered reading about such a match. Honved, Dynamo; what's the difference anyway, right?

Now where have I heard this before...

8. frohike

frohike Member

Japan
    Aug 6, 2015
    Spain
    Germany 0 - 1 Cameroon. Group C is crazy

KAPIJXM, ManiacMunkie and blissett repped this.
  9. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    AFC Annual Awards Nominees

AFC Player of the Year (Women)

Samantha Kerr (AUS)

Wang Shuang (CHN)

Saki Kumagai (JPN)

AFC Youth Player of the Year (Women)

Fuka Nagano (JPN)

Moeka Minami (JPN)

Saori Takarada (JPN)

AFC Coach of the Year (Women)

Asako Takakura (JPN)

Miyo Okamoto (JPN)

Nuengrutai Srathongvian (THA)

10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, I'll make a prediction: a Japanese player will win the AFC Youth Player of the Year Award. :D

I know, I know, how can I be so bold and so good at predictions? :giggle:

sbahnhof, unepommekun and ManiacMunkie repped this.
  11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Meanwhile, a round of international updates from last week-end. Nothing really exceptional for our players in particular, but it can be worth watching what's happening in leagues where our international play (active leagues, I mean, of course: so no NWSL, that's in break since a pair of months, and no South Korean league, that ended two weeks ago; I guess by now I can reveal that Fuka Nagano won the title with her Incheon Hyundai Steel Roses, beating in the final Asuna Tanaka's Gyeongju):

- Division 1 Féminine: the real and only BIG match of the tournament was scheduled on 10th matchday and was played yesterday: PSG-OL in Paris (and live on national TV). The match ended 1-1, so OL lost their first points of the season. They remain ahead of PSG by just 2 points, so it looks like this time they didn't kill the league already; on the other hand, one could wonder where they could lose those 2 points: maybe in the retour-match only, that will be played in Lyon though, without the big crowd cheering for PSG. The Parisiennes can anyway be happy with the result, both because they can anyway still chase OL and because they could have very well lost the match if the ref had given what seems a clear PK to me in the 2nd half or if Griedge Mbock Bathy had scored with her solo effort in the final minutes.
    Saki Kumagai played 75' and then she was substituted by Jess Fishlock. An Asian player scored in this game, but it wasn't Saki: look at Bouhaddi being Bouhaddi again for the umptenth time in her long career :rolleyes: and gifting Chinese rising star Wang Shuang a goal. A few minutes later, Wendie Renard will equalize, with her usual header from set piece.
    Highlights worth watching (and hearing: apparently an attendance that was somehow adequate to the match):

- Frauen Bundesliga: the league was actually in break for the National Team's friendly matches vs Italy and Spain, but a round of DFB-Pokal (National Cup) was played. Yesterday SC Freiburg, that's stumbling in the league, had instead a quite convincing away win in Essen by 0-4. Interestingly, the two teams are going to meet again in Essen next week, for the league: I wonder if, seven days after, the result will be similar. :coffee: Hikaru Naomoto played the whole game. Sadly, no highlights that I am aware of.
    For records, after losing all the games in the league, Borussia Mönchengladbach won a game in DFB-Pokal vs a second division team, Herforder SV, by 0-3. Keiko Kodama keeps anyway being longtime injured.

- Liga Femenina. The main clubs with Japanese players clashed together on Saturday: Fundación Albacete-Real Betis 2-3. The former team, actually had no Japanese players in its starters: since a pair of week, Hitomi Tanaka is benched (she was anyway subbed-in to play 10 minutes at the end of the match) while Tomo Matsukawa has to be injured since she's nowhere to be seen on the bench either. Erina Yamane played the whole game for Betis instead and was one of 4 players to be warned with a Yellow Card in this game! :eek: Albacete now sit at 10th place in the rankings out of 16 teams, while Betis are at 6th place.
    It can be worth looking as some highlights from Real Betis from time to time, in a Japanese NT's persepctive, to assess if Erina Yamane has any chance to be taken into consideration again by Takakura. Judging from highlights, she hadn't much to do: she saved a FK, but she was saved by the post in another circumstance and didn't look particularly sharp in the actions of the two goals she took (in particular, her reflexes looked slow in the first one). Honestly, I was much more impressed by Albacete's GK, Elena de Toro, who, if I remember correctly, was in one of Spain Youth NTs at some time (maybe at U-17 WWC 2014?). :coffee:

- Aussie W-League. Yuki Nagasato finally debuted in the league, but it wasn't a lucky one: Brisbane Roar lost by 0-1 at home to Adelaide United yesterday, with Yuki on the pitch for the whole match. On Friday, Melbourne City had also lost the local derby to Melbourne Victory by 0-2, with Yukari Kinga playing the whole match. I wonder if reigning Champions of City are especially missing her former coach-captain Jessica Fishlock, who chose France instead with OL, for this NWSL off-season. :cautious: Anyway, Aussie League has now 7 teams out of 9 all crammed in a just 2 points range (from 3 to 5) after three matchdays: only Victory at 7 and Wanderers at 0 are clearly ahead or behind.
    I won't always show all this batch of highights, but enjoy these:
    looks like Nagasato brought in Australia some of her assisting prowess, but Brisbane didn't do enough to win this one: https://www.w-league.com.au/match/b...aide-united-women-w-league-18-11-2018/1022461
    In the Melbourne game, apparently played among seagulls, Yukari Kinga was close to scoring with an header, but the game went the wrong way for her team: https://www.w-league.com.au/match/m...rne-victory-women-w-league-16-11-2018/1022458

12. ManiacMunkie

ManiacMunkie Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Japan
    Nov 13, 2018
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    ManiacMunkie repped this.
  15. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Thanks for the link

16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You're welcome. :)

This time we're not going to miss a single minute.

17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    African referees: central one from Rwanda.

Mexico has three players on the pitch (and one on the bench) under a YC: wonder if they are going to foul a lot and how much the ref will allow.

18. ManiacMunkie

ManiacMunkie Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Japan
    Nov 13, 2018
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Our pressing looks excellent to me in these first 6-7 minutes. Mexican players are frantic but not as efficient as ours.

I remind everyone that the other match of the group, Brazil-South Africa is being played at the same time: 0-0 at the moment (that's the better result for us, should we happen to lose vs Mexico).

20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not sure if the attendance is much higher than in the other games, but it's quite noisy for sure. :giggle: As it could be expected in a Latin-American country, all of the crowd seems to support Mexico.

21. ManiacMunkie

ManiacMunkie Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Japan
    Nov 13, 2018
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It's that one guy with the strong voice, I dont know if he's part of the staff or if he's in the stands but he gives a lot of praise.

blissett repped this.
  22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Maybe I am too much spoiled by now, but it seems to me that accuracy in passes is uncharacteristically lower in this incarnation of our U-17 than what we are used to see from our Youth NTs: too many stray passes for my taste.

On the other hand, not that our opponents are much more accurate: on the contrary, they even happen to throw passes in touch. :coffee:

23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    25 minutes and we basically didn't see a shot.

Brazil-South Africa seems to be in the same stale-mate situation at the moment.

24. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    If he intends to comment each and any of Mexico play till the end of this game in that Herdman like fashion "praise"...I seriously thinkin of tuning volume down right now...:alien: (couldn't someone move the mic out of his reach out there please:devilish:) :ROFLMAO:

25. ManiacMunkie

ManiacMunkie Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Japan
    Nov 13, 2018
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It's too late, he's saturated the stadium with his voice. Every game played in this stadium with have his voice echoing through it.

Lechus7 and blissett repped this.