Official 2018 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Yes, I thought Nojima would win the game when I saw Mebae's goal, but somehow I'll tolerate it because Pomme scored.
    Beside Beleza players, my favorite has been always Haruna.

And G and blissett repped this.
  2. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I watched this game until the 70th minute thinking that Nojima would get the win, but I was wrong. I am so depressed by this result, because I thought Nojima were the better team and deserved to win. But that is football.

I really like the way Nojima pressed and put tremendous pressure on Inac's midfield and defence. It is just a shame that they probably needed to win this match. They have another big match next week against Beleza, which I hope they win, but probably won't.

On the whole a very entertaining game, but I did think Inac got away with far too many reckless tackles.

Minamino did give the assist to Mebae Tanaka. and Ono. Tanaka Yoko made the assist for Kawashima. Yoko had a nice first half, but was not so effective in the second half.

unepommekun and blissett repped this.
  3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    University of Kentucky stopped the bleeding with a 1-0 win yesterday, and who was the scorer? No other than Yuuka Kurosaki. :giggle: Maybe is she the only really good player there? :cautious:

unepommekun repped this.
  4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I won't follow all of the players in Spain, this season, they're too many.
    Only for this 1st matchday, the results of the teams including our players are:
    - Albacete won by 2-4 in Sevilla, with both Japanese starting;
    - Malága lost 0-4 home to the reigning champions of Atletico Madrid; Chiba was on the bench;
    - UD Granadilla Tenerife Egatesa lost 2-3 home to Real Sociedad: no trace of Dozono, not even on the bench: maybe injured? :cautious: I couldn't find any news about Michi Goto's situation;
    - Espanyol-Real Betis 1-0: for Espanyol, Shinada wasn't seen, not even on the bench; for Real Betis, Erina Yamane was the starting GK: could be relevant (since last year it looked like she had fallen out of grace), especially if she's still in any way in Takakura's plans (or if, at least, she's following her just in case).

In other news, Olympique Lyonnais won their second league-match vs Soyaux by 4-0. :sleep:

Frauen-Bundesliga (with Naomoto in Freiburg) will start next week-end only. :coffee:

unepommekun repped this.
  5. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    blissett repped this.
  6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Why so much negativity? I've got the feeling they could make it instead. And this would really re-open everything for the title: should INAC meanwhile win vs Albirex, there could be three teams tied at 23 points at the top of the league by the end of next sunday! :) This would be so exciting! :geek:

8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    A question for Japanese members: why Niigata University vs Norddea Hokkaido, that was scheduled for today in Challenge League, hasn't been played? Hokkaido team had maybe some problems in traveling because of the recent earthquake? :cautious:

9. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Yes, it's certainly influenced by the earthquake, but I don't know if it is some travelling problem.

blissett repped this.
  10. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I am never optimistic when it comes to Nojima. I love them and will support them through the good and the bad, but I can see the draw against INAC knocking their confidence a little. I hope not, but it would not surprise me.

I really want them to beat Beleza so much!

Iwabuchi has just scored her first goal this season yet she continues to be played as a forward for Nadeshiko. She is one of Nadeshiko's best players, but I think Nadeshiko would be much better served if she was played deeper in midfield, or utilised more as a hold up player.

She is so good at keeping the ball and bringing people into the game, but I feel she is not given enough of chance in her current position.

frohike, unepommekun and blissett repped this.
  11. frohike

frohike Member

Japan
    Aug 6, 2015
    Spain
    I didn't notice Fukuta had a serious injury at the WWC, maybe that's why she didn't play very much. Looks like she made some friends there

KAPIJXM, unepommekun and blissett repped this.
  12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I hadn't notice either: I saw her play 3 or 4 minutes vs USA when I was in Concarneu and she looked ok. Then, I read that she was on the pitch for about 15' vs Paraguay: I saw that game on TV only, but I didn't remember seeing her pick an injury.

Since I can't read Japanese, does the Tweet mentions which kind of injury it is?

13. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Meniscus injury. It requires six months for recovery.

blissett repped this.
  14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh, that's very sad. :(

Also, she wasn't an extablished starter yet, but this should damage INAC also.

15. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    As I said before in this thread, I absolutely agree about the key-role Mana has raised to in our NT right now: if there is a player who can lead the team to any kind of successful campaign in France next year, it's definitely her!

On a different note, before today I had never noticed the rhinoceros mascot plushes being given at Asian Games: they look kawaii (especially if in the hands of Mana Iwabuchi or Yui Hasegawa :giggle:):

Lechus7 repped this.
  17. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think a little different about that ;)

HS10Legend repped this.
  18. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Tomorrow's games:

Nadeshiko League
    Cerezo vs Nagano 14:00
    Nittaidai vs Jef 15:00

Nadeshiko League 2
    Ehime vs Chifure 15:00

Challenge League
    1~4
    Yamato vs Ange Violet 11:00
    JFA vs Jumonji 14:00

5~8
    Nagoya vs Niigata 18:00

9~12
    Tokiwagi vs Cerezo Girls 11:00
    Konomiya vs Tsukuba 11:00

blissett repped this.
  19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    On Wednesday, OL won their first Champions' League game of the season, an away match in Norway vs Avaldsnes, by 0-2. Here below you can see the goals of the match, by Henry and Majri:

Saki Kumagai played the first 68' minutes of the match, before being subbed-out when the match was still on 0-1. She's our best CB, so there is no discussion that this is the role she should play in Nadeshiko Japan. It can be interesting, though, that, judging from line-ups on the UEFA website, she's used to play as an holding midfielder in a 4-3-3 system. :coffee:

On a different note about our internationals, the seminfinal of NWSL between North Carolina Courage and Chicago Red Stars (involving our Yuki Nagasato) has been moved from Sunday in Cary (North Carolina) to Tuesday in Portland (Oregon), because of the hurricane Florence and its possible aftermath. So basically all of the games of NWSL play-offs (the seminfinals North Carolina Courage vs Chicago Red Stars and Portland Thorns vs Seattle Reign and the final match for the title) will be played at the same venue.

unepommekun repped this.
  20. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    She played that same role for Frankfurt when she first got there and she absolutely excelled at it. It seemed her ideal position considering her passing range and tactical awareness, but of course the Nadeshiko need her more critically in central defence as there's no other good centre-backs around. Otherwise I would love to see her fielded as a holding mid.

unepommekun and blissett repped this.
  21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    While waiting for the play-off matches to be played, NWSL published extensive charts with stats from all of the regular season. As Nadeshiko Japan fans, we can be proud that Yuki Nagasato ended at 3rd place in this season for number of assists. :)

22. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Yup she had outstanding season. Arguably she's the most effective and impactful assistant in the league. While Horan can probably be considered NWSL's best playmaker this year, Nagasato overall stats also keep her relevant in that category and despite playing as forward!

Some stats

MF
    Horan
    Heath

MF/FW (listed as one of, but playing the other role as well)
    Sinclair
    Rapinoe
    Nagasato

FW
    Williams
    Kerr

I guess Takakura may rest easy...in case of some serious bad luck eliminating at the same time Iwabuchi, Yokoyama and Sugasawa just before WWC - Nagasato current form does make her an emergency NT option.

blissett and unepommekun repped this.
  23. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

Nadeshiko League
    Cerezo (Inoue) 1-2 Nagano (Yokoyama 2)
    Nittaidai (Uemura) 1-2 Jef (Fukasawa, Nishikawa)

Nadeshiko League 2
    Ehime (Akune) 1-1 Chifure (Azami)

Challenge League
    1~4
    Yamato (Ohya, Ichihara) 2-1 Ange Violet (Adachi)
    JFA (Takeda) 1-1 Jumonji (Ito)

5~8
    Nagoya (Takeuchi) 1-1 Niigata (Sonoda)

9~12
    Tokiwagi 0-1 Cerezo Girls (Fujiwara)
    Konomiya 0-0 Tsukuba

blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  24. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018