Official 2018 J. League Transfers and Rumors thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by Radu Razvan, Jan 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  2. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    #52 Gordon1995, Jul 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    If Ueda can move, I feel that Tatsuki Nara definitely can as well. Nara and Ueda both are not as skilled as Shoji and their positioning and tactical discipline can be suspect at times. Ueda is more physical but Nara's speed is faster and both of them are pretty aggressive defenders with respect to 1 v 1 against FWs. I hope he can move abroad as well along with Shoji this summer just like what Ueda has done.

3. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nara may have the ability, but he's a few inches shorter than Ueda and doesn't have the Olympics, CWC, or the World Cup on his resume. I don't think it will happen for him.

4. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    True, I quite like Nara's game, he is good in the air despite being not tall. He is also fast and imo one of the most aggressive defenders in the J league in 1v1 against FWs. His weakness is that he tends to get caught out of position and have to rely on last-ditch defending a lot.

Actually, I think he suits a full-back more than a CB, his technical skills are not as good as Shoji, who might be able to play as a DM at times.

On another note, I hope Nakayama, Nakatani and maybe even Iwanami can move this summer. Maybe like Ueda, they can start in a lower league first, maybe those with CL/EL if possible to have more exposure. Then, they can make the move to maybe BL/EPL, etc.

5. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Wataru Endo sold to Sint Truiden in Belgium. He goes to a smaller and weaker club for sure, but he might use it as a stepping stone and hopefully land a place in France or Germany after 1-2 seasons.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  6. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Rumors are that Portimonense are interested in Yuma Suzuki. Then again, it would be hard for Kashima to cope with losing Ueda and potentially Shoji and Suzuki this season.

7. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Breaking News:

Kashima Antlers anc Sagan Tosu made a swap, as Mu Kanazaki moved to Sagan Tosu and Jung Seung-Heyon (CB) moved to Kashima Antlers.

8. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    That means that Yuma Suzuki is not moving this season i guess. I doubt Shoji is leaving too from what I have seen, which is a waste as some BL and Ligue 1 clubs have shown interest in him.

9. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Finally a good striker signed by Tosu.

10. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Tagawa to Leicester?

1022911923170340864 is not a valid tweet id

11. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    He is not ready yet imo, he needs another 2 years before he is ready for such a club. Maybe Leicester will send him on loan first.

12. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Definitely.

He is still 19, I think they will either loan him to another club or make him play for their U-23 team.

13. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Portimonense wants Yuma Suzuki a lot and is planning to send someone to talk to Kashima regarding the purchase of him but Kashima seems unwilling to sell now that Kanazaki has left.
    On another note, Shoji is most probably not moving as Kashima is unwilling to sell him now that Ueda has left. FC Strasbourg and Werder Bremen has expressed interest in him.

14. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think Shoji will move anyway, too much interest on him.
    About Suzuki, you're right. He's gonna stay there until next winter, when Kakita and Sugimoto will come back.

About Tagawa... he's really good, but he has to move from Sagan, probably. Not to Europe, but all the Torres-mania won't let him grow properly.

15. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    I seriously doubt Kashima would let Shoji left now that Ueda has left. Shoji himself is a bit hesitant to leave as well as he is worried about Kashima as well. Koki Machida hasn't really been too bad this season from what I have seen of him but he still have to improve a bit more before being able to become a regular starter alongside the new CB they brought from Sagan Tosu. Yuma Suzuki himself hasn't really expressed an interested in moving, maybe he is holding out for an offer from maybe BL or EPL.

16. serpay

serpay Member

May 24, 2017
    Bangkok
    Nat'l Team:
    Thailand
    Kashiwa rejected an offer for Junya Ito from Bundesliga side Fortuna Duesseldorf.

Qatar international Ahmed Yasser joined Vissel and became the first Qatari player in the J-League. More than half of Vissel's starting XI will be non-Japanese.

Podolski
    Iniesta
    Wellington
    Kim Seung-gyu (AFC quota)
    Theerathon (from a J.League partner nation)
    Yasser (from a J.League partner nation)

There are no restrictions on the number of players from J.League partner nations (Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia and Qatar). Iran was a member of the group last year but not anymore.

nipponbasse83 and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  17. yanagibashi

yanagibashi Member

Eintracht Braunschweig
    Japan
    Jan 3, 2018
  18. yanagibashi

yanagibashi Member

Eintracht Braunschweig
    Japan
    Jan 3, 2018
  19. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  20. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway

Well, they get a great player and a natural leader and could very well be what Gamba needs right now. With all the young players at Gamba it might be good to have a player like Watanabe around too.

21. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    + Hwang Ui-Jo was called up as an overage player for S.Korea's U-23 in the Asian Games.

That is said, and giving Gamba's attacking options are either lacking experience or sub-bar, they clearly need a player of Watanabe's calibre.

22. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hwang Ui-jo is hands down one of the best strikers of this year.

23. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It would have been a really good move, despite the Omae precedent.

24. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It's official, Kazuma Watanabe moved to Gamba Osaka permanently, while Shun Nagasawa moved from Gamba to Vissel on loan.

Kazuma is one of the most underrated J-Leaguers, let's hope that he will bang some goals and assists for Gamba and makes them avoid relegation.

Majster2 repped this.
  25. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    84 goals in J1 for Watanabe. It'll certainly help.