Official 2017 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Dec 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dakota701

dakota701 Member

Nov 22, 2012
    Thanks for posting this link. It seems that Chinese players are relatively well paid. If the average salary is 5,000 - 10,000 yuan per month. The average annual income in China is about 60,000 yuan (this is based on very superficial online research so please correct me if I am wrong). Of course, they are probably paid just for the season which is probably just a few months. It does refer to a player that made 400,000 yuan a year. That is about 60,000 U.S. dollars. A pretty decent salary, even now.

I also like how the article refers to Chinese corporations as capitalists. :x3:

blissett and unepomme repped this.
  2. dakota701

dakota701 Member

Nov 22, 2012
    Yes, and she won the club's Player of the Year and Players' Player awards even though she was there for a relatively short time. I wonder if Canberra made any attempts to keep her or if this deal with the Chinese club was already in the works when she went to Canberra?

I am curious, was Kinga pushed out of INAC to make room for younger players or was it her decision? She still seems to be "at the top of her game" according to the Canberra coach. Or is the level of club play significantly different between Japan and Australia? I noticed most Australian players do not seem to make much of an impact when they go to Japan. I am not trying to be provocative, I am just curious. My level of football knowledge is pretty superficial, so I can't judge the quality of play between the two countries.

One thing though, we will probably see fewer videos from China than from Australia.:oops:

NoDefense, unepomme and blissett repped this.
  3. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Seems to be a spillover from what's happening in the men's game there.

It reminds me a bit of the bubble period in Japan (1986-1992). During this time football leagues were being massively expanded and and foreign players brought in on huge salaries -- in 1992 Yomiuri Nippon SC Ladies (now NTV Beleza) made headlines by bringing in a Canadian player (Carrie Serwetnyk) on a salary of USD 100,000 per year -- an unheard of amount at that time.

unepomme and blissett repped this.
  4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Basically, what I was saying above, although I wasn't able to indicate the exact period in time:
    I wonder if, in the long term, this could create the conditions of a comeback of Chinese women's football, catching up with Japan. :unsure:

5. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Titus Sol and blissett repped this.
  6. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    NT members for Algarve Cup:

GK: Yamane Yamashita Hirao
    DF: Sameshima Ariyoshi Kumagai Kawamura Takagi Nakamura Kitagawa
    MF: Sakaguchi Nakajima Sasaki Utsugi Chiba Nakasato Hasegawa
    FW: Sugasawa Iwabuchi Yokoyama Tanaka Masuya Momiki

dakota701, hirohiro, datschge and 7 others repped this.
  7. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Interesting..

blissett repped this.
  8. Titus Sol

Titus Sol Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Club:
    --other--
    So Yuki Nagasato was out. And Kyokawa too.

9. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    According to Takakura's explanation, Yuki told her that she would concentrate on Frankfurt for now at the time of the last selection.

blissett and Titus Sol repped this.
  10. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
  11. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Friendly Matches in Europa:

Nadeshiko Japan vs Netherlands on June 9th
    Nadeshiko Japan vs Belgium on June 13th

dakota701, Lechus7, frideswide and 4 others repped this.
  12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #137 blissett, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    Sonoko Chiba... :giggle:

... and Fumina Katsurama. :) Albion's pretty duo get a call, although for different NTs. Fumina is now considered a DF: she started as a FW, but apparently Takakura changed that, and then the change translated to her clubs, Ange Violet Hiroshima and AS Harima Albion. I don't care, other players as Kinga and Sameshima started as FW and ended as perfect fits for a Full-Back role. I wonder if Katsurama will ever become Senior NT material...

These are very important news for me, especially considering previous Senior NT matches under Takakura's tenure, who had left the impression that Sameshima's international careeer could have come to en end.
    I am still not sure if I will manage to go in Algarve for the Japan-Island match (I am deciding these days: many different factors to consider), but if I manage to be there I'll sure zero in on a Shark's autograph, one of the few that I am still missing from the 2011 group! :ninja:

#5nadeshikofan repped this.
  13. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Same is playing #3 now.

14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mmm, I wonder if a so low number means that she's considered a starter... #5 is by now held by Kawamura, I suppose? :cautious:

Anyway, now you should become #3nadeshikofan! :laugh:

15. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yes, Kawamura is #5.

I guess I did not consider that I'd be around here this long and changes like this...

blissett repped this.
  16. Titus Sol

Titus Sol Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Club:
    --other--
    "German-based striker Yuki Nagasato was left out as Nadeshiko Japan manager Asako Takakura on Thursday named four uncapped players to her squad for the upcoming Algarve Cup in Portugal.

Nagasato, a veteran of Japan’s 2011 World Cup-winning and 2015 runner-up squads and part of the team that earned the 2012 Olympic silver medal has chosen club FFC Frankfurt over country, according to Takakura..."

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/...th-experience-algarve-cup-squad/#.WJ1OO2997IU

blissett repped this.
  17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This video of last match-day of French Division 1 Féminine includes (1'25") Saki Kumagai's goal vs OM, from PK as usual (Saki is by now 1st penalty-taker at OL). Also, check out wonderful Camille Abily's goal from FK. Amel Majri on the left-side seems to be back at the best of her game.

unepomme and Titus Sol repped this.
  18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    "The coach has not picked any players in their 30s for the squad for the March 1-8 tournament, but said age was not a factor in the selection process".

Aya Sameshima was safe, because she's 29 years old and 8 months! ;)

#5nadeshikofan, Titus Sol and frideswide repped this.
  19. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
  20. Titus Sol

Titus Sol Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Club:
    --other--
    By the way unepomme, did they said anything about Miyama?

21. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I missed some parts of the interview, but I think nothing was told about her.

Titus Sol repped this.
  22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    unepomme repped this.
  23. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    unepomme and blissett repped this.
  24. dakota701

dakota701 Member

Nov 22, 2012
    Choosing club over country seems like a harsh way of putting it. :unsure: I wonder if that was an accurate translation of Takakura's words? Obviously we cannot know Nagasato's motivations but it is curious. Did she need Frankfurt's permission to go? Is her position at Frankfurt vulnerable? Perhaps she is burned out on the National team right now.
    I do not remember, was she on the team that played the U.S. last year?

Actually I like the idea of integrating newer, younger players onto the team, even if it means going through some growing pains where we see a period of losses. We need to transition away from the 2011 team eventually.

blissett, #5nadeshikofan and unepomme repped this.
  25. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    In fact, she just said that Yuki had told her at the previous selection she had wanted to concentrate on the team for the time being.

dakota701 and blissett repped this.