Official 2017 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Dec 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    San Francisco, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mmm, I want to know Sawa's baby's name or I'm going to have a tantrum!!! :alien::x3:

So, I suppose Yuki got back to Japan on her way to USA? And probably that's the reason why she didn't play at all last Frankfurt's match? :cautious:

Is one of the two men in the picture Sawa's husband? What about the other one? New Yuki's flame?

Edit: leopard-skinned baby Sawa's shoes are so stylish! :p

3. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    San Francisco, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Screenshot_20170525-101030.png
    Yuki mentions recovery from an injury.

frideswide and blissett repped this.
  4. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
  5. dakota701

dakota701 Member

Nov 22, 2012
    It looks like Japan dominated the game based on the stats: shots- 10 to 6, shots on goal- 8 to 3 and corner kicks- 4 to 2, plus the need for 6 saves by the U.S. over Japan's 1. Japan's 6 offsides versus 1 for the U.S. would indicate they played quite aggressively. However, the fact that the U.S. could stop so many goal chances shows Japan's ongoing weakness in scoring. As expected, the U.S. made a lot more fouls.

Looking at these numbers though, it was probably an exciting match. Wish we could have seen it.

HS10Legend, frideswide, KAPIJXM and 3 others repped this.
  6. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Tomorrow's games:

Mynavi vs Nagano 13:00
    Albi vs Beleza 15:00

Nadeshiko League 2
    Orca vs Kibi 11:00

Challenge League West
    Ange Violet vs Shizuoka 11:00
    Bunnys vs JFA 12:00

HS10Legend, KAPIJXM and blissett repped this.
  7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, two wins and a draw (after an apparently dominating performance) vs one of the best programs in the world at Senior level is quite good. We know that USWNT at youth level is not really there, so it doesn't give a correct idea of how we would perform vs actual top level opposition, but it was anyway a good test for a generation that looked overall solid at world level last year.
    There is the usual problem of converting our dominace into goals... :unsure:

I am anyway happy that Fuka Kono scored twice in this cycle of friendly matches. :)

HS10Legend and unepomme repped this.
  8. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's result:

Mynabi (Hamada) 1-1 Nagano (Kunisawa)
    Albi 0-4 Beleza (Tanaka, Momiki, Sakaguchi, Ueki)

Nadeshiko League 2
    Orca (Hirano, Matsunaga Yoshie, Sato) 3-0 Kibi

Challenge League West
    Ange Violet (Yamagata) 1-1 Shizuoka (Hirano)
    Bunnys (Nishikawa, Matsuda) 2-1 JFA (Nezu)

9. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Tomorrow's games:

Chifure vs Nojima 13:00
    Iga vs Jef 13:00
    Urawa vs Inac 14:00

Nadeshiko League 2
    Nippatsu vs Belle 11:00
    Harima vs Cerezo 13:00
    Setagaya vs Konomiya 13:30
    Nittaidai vs Ehime 14:30

Challenge League East
    Tokiwagi vs Niigata 11:00
    Jumonji vs Tsukuba 11:00
    Yamato vs NORD 11:00

Challenge League West
    Nagoya vs Anclas 10:00

blissett and HS10Legend repped this.
  10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, the only winner in Vegalta-Nagano is... Beleza! :x3:

Now, it only needs Urawa and INAC to also have a draw, and that opening in the league that was created a week ago will be shut down right away! :unsure:

unepomme and HS10Legend repped this.
  11. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I'm really looking forward to watching this match.
    Since Urawa seems to be now in great form, it would be an excellent game.

12. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
  13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, late goal from Kyokawa to keep the league open!!! :) Didn't watch the whole game, but caught the late minutes and the goal. :giggle:

14. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's result:

Chifure (Takahashi) 1-2 Nojima (Minamino 2)
    Iga 0-1 Jef (Setoguchi)
    Urawa 0-1 Inac (Kyokawa)

Nadeshiko League 2
    Nippatsu 0-1 Belle (Kiryu)
    Harima (Katsurama) 1-4 Cerezo (Tsutsui, Matsubara Shiho, Takarada, Yakata)
    Setagaya (Nagata 3, Yamamoto, Nagasaki, Mori ) 6-1 Konomiya (Taniguchi)

Nittaidai vs Ehime is now on.

Challenge League East
    Tokiwagi (Kato, Takahashi, Takigawa) 3-1 Niigata (Miura)
    Jumonji (Kobayashi) 1-1 Tsukuba (Harashima)
    Yamato (Ishibuchi) 1-0 NORD

Challenge League West
    Nagoya (Hasegawa 2) 2-3 Anclas (Ohya, Fukui, Marugata)

HS10Legend repped this.
  15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I already commented on Kyokawa keeping the league open (she's really INAC key-player at this moment in time).

Looks like Iga and Saitama will remain at the bottom, this year. Albi could slip down a little more, but actually I guess the fight for relegation will be between those two.

Very important goal for Belle and for Kiryu. :geek:

Yay, Fumina Katsurama scored again! But... well, ok, wasn't really enough... :unsure:

Takarada makes another step, but Shiho Matsubara is scoring a lot too this year. Is she played more forward than in the past, these days? :cautious:

At this point, I'd say that every single week will be an agony for Speranza... :unsure:

16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    NWSL update:

- Chicago Red Stars (Nagasato's new team; but Yuki wasn't on the pitch yet, she still needs her papers to be cleared to join the club) wins an away match by 3-2 vs North Carolina Courage (Kawamura's team). Yuri Kawamura was subbed out at 30' (!) soon after Chicago had scored the goal of 0-1. Kawamura wasn't directly responsable of the goal (and anyway, looking at line-ups, it seems she was playing as a MF this time), so I don't think the substitution was punishing a bad performance from her: it's more likely that it was a tactical switch to make the team more offensive by inserting Debinha (who, in fact, would have scored a goal for NC Courage later in the game).
    North Carolina Corage retain 1st place (with a game more than most opponents, though), while Chicago Red Stars pull themselves up at second place, 2 points behind.
    Highights: https://www.nwslsoccer.com/videos/18178896

- Seattle Reign FC won by 0-2 a quite exciting game in Houston, under a scorching sun (a Houston player nearly passed-out just before the final whistle). The opponents hit the woodwork thrice, but SR converted their chances instead. Naho had the assist for 2nd goal and keeps sitting at the top of NWSL assists-chart with 5. Bev Yanez had a quite serious injury in 1st half, that could keep her out for some days (an opponent stomped on her thigh, causing a deep cut that kept bleeding for long; it's not in highlights, so, if you want to see the scene you have to watch the full game video: it happened at about 20'). Seattle keep 4th place.
    Highlights: https://www.nwslsoccer.com/videos/18179481

I guess it's worth noting that we have three NWSL clubs with Japanese players in them (already there or upcoming: Yuki) in the first 4 spots of the ranking. At this moment, all of our girls would be into play-offs. :)

17. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's result (rest):

Nittaidai (Shimada, Seno) 2-2 Ehime (Muramatsu, Ohya)

HS10Legend and blissett repped this.
  18. HS10Legend

HS10Legend Member

Mar 16, 2017
    Germany
    Club:
    NTV Beleza
    After watching this game, i wanted to comment on some individual performances:

(1) National Team Players:

Ikeda: Great Performance once again. She is not only good on the line but also in the box and with her feet. She is rightfully the number one goalkeeper of Japan.

Naomoto: She is obviously very talented, but she is not dominating the game as i would have expected.

Sugasawa: Not her best day, but she was able to show her talent on some occassions.

Sameshima: She is unique :giggle:. When she takes part in the attack, it means nearly always danger for the opponents.

Nakajima: She is the heart of this team. Great technique and stamina.

Masuya: Worked very hard as always, but she often looses the ball to easy for my taste. And it seems, she lacks power and pace to beat defenders.
    Maybe Takakura should try her as a winger next time :cautious:

(2) Potentially NT Players:

Shibata: Great abilities, but poor decisions on the field. There were some opportunities to hurt Inac, but she could not use them.

Moriya: Played as a cb. Solid performence. She had Sugasawa largely under control.

Sugita: Played as a winger. Good performance. She played some great through balls but also had some easy giveaways. Nevertheless it think its time for her to play for the NT :coffee:.

Kyokawa: Like @blissett said, she played well the last few weeks and helped her team once again with an important goal.

(3) Young Players:

Kizaki: She is just 19 and is playing as lb since Kitagawa is injured. She is very lively and joined the attack on many occassions. Very promising talent :thumbsup:

Fukuta: Great performance. Very calm on the ball and very strong in 1on1 situations.

19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I hope Takakura will keep calling her for the next batch of friendly matches. It's a shame that I have work commitments at the beginning of June, or I would have gladly traveled to Belgium or Neteherlands to see her again. :p

Excellent analysis, HS10Legend! :thumbsup: We need more of them on this thread!

HS10Legend repped this.
  20. HS10Legend

HS10Legend Member

Mar 16, 2017
    Germany
    Club:
    NTV Beleza
    I am sure Sameshima will play an important role in Takakuras team :thumbsup:

Thank you for the compliment @blissett :giggle:
    i will give my best ;)

blissett repped this.
  21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Norwegian Toppserien update:

Sandiveken-LSK Kvinner 1-2; Ryoko Takara's team wins again and is now at 2nd place in the rankings. Takara didn't have goals or assists this time, but she seems quite well involved in most LSK Kvinner's offensive actions, as you can see in highlights (she's #17):

unepomme repped this.
  22. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's event:

NT members announcement press conference: 14:00

blissett repped this.
  23. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Members:

GK: Yamane, Ikeda, Yamashita
    DF: Sameshima, Kumagai, Nakamura, Sasaki, Takagi, Ohya, Ichise
    MF: Sakaguchi, Utsugi, Nakajima, Sugita Ami, Naomoto, Sumida, Hasegawa, Nakasato
    FW: Sugasawa, Yokoyama, Tanaka, Momiki, Ueno

24. HS10Legend

HS10Legend Member

Mar 16, 2017
    Germany
    Club:
    NTV Beleza
    i guess this is the first time under Takakura without Masuya :eek:
    Nagasato isn't there once again. Iwabuchi and Kitagawa are still injured.
    Sugasawa scored 8 goals so far in the league, so she deserved it.
    Sumida and Ueno convinced the coach in the last friendly with a good performance.
    And i am happy for Ohya but she definitely has to use this chance.

I have to say Takakuras team looks really strong :cool:
    But one question remains for me:
    Who will be the partner of Sakaguchi?

#5nadeshikofan and dakota701 repped this.
  25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lately, I didn't always keep track of all the previous calls, like I used to do in the past, so I am not exactly sure about all of the differences between this roster, the Algarve one and the Costa Rica's friendly's one.

Anyway, off the top of my head, I have to notice that maybe Sonoko Chiba lost her big train to NT. Second time she's not called by Takakura. :cautious:

HS10Legend had kept us updated with increasingly poor Masuya's performances in the last month, so the logical consequence is that she's cut too.

For the rest, apart from injured players, and of course Nagasato (wonder if it's still a Yuki's choice or Takakura's), is there any other missing name? :coffee:

I know it can sound useless, but has anyone any new about Miyama?