Official 2017 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Dec 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HS10Legend

HS10Legend Member

Mar 16, 2017
    Germany
    Club:
    NTV Beleza
    She played the full 90 minutes. Since there is no footage of the game, we won't get any Information about individual performances unfortunately :(

But here is an article about the game on JFA homepage (in Japanese)

http://www.jfa.jp/news/00013655/

2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It's a shame that no-one of these friendles are streamed (or even get any highlights). I would have gladly watched today's one. :(

#5nadeshikofan and HS10Legend repped this.
  3. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I saw her comment as well on that page but google scrambled it badly..

blissett and HS10Legend repped this.
  4. dakota701

dakota701 Member

Nov 22, 2012
    These highlights from Sunday's JEF vs Nojima game were just posted. The YouTube channel seems to be a dedicated JEF channel. The quality is quite good but the video is taken at ground level so it is sometimes difficult to follow the ball. The actions that led to the JEF goal are quite clear though. Lots of fancy footwork and passing on the part of JEF led to a goal by Shoko Chino. I can see how the Nojima goalkeeper could lose track of the ball. The video ends with some sort of presentation to Midori Isokane. There are also a few interviews on the channel but they are all in Japanese of course, so I have no idea what was being said. :(

Speaking of odd Google translations, I can remember Midori Isokane's name was once translated as "Green Abalone Scraper"! :eek: :ROFLMAO:

5. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So who can tell me the good and bad about Yuki.

867425029696479232 is not a valid tweet id

unepomme, frideswide, dakota701 and 2 others repped this.
  6. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Wow...I don't think we saw that coming.....
    Maybe she left Frankfurt because they are a sinking ship...?
    Oh, your request.... I guess I will need to think about that....
    She is, however, currently not part of Takakura's selection for the Japanese National team...

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #1332 blissett, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
    Ditto! Unexpected and very interesting news! :geek:

Likely, yes. Also, Yuki couldn't seem to do her best in Frankfurt these days and/or she was under-appreciated (or moved in odd positions by the coach).

Yes, although, at least for Algarve Cup, if I remember well it was her who decided to decline Takakura's call, because she said that she wanted to concentrate on her club duties, in a difficult moment for 1.FFC Frankfurt; but Takakura didn't seem to want to cut her as she did with other veterans. It's true that she didn't call her for the friendly match vs Costa Rica later in April either, but it could be for the same reasons, since, after all, it wasn't even a so important match... :cautious:
    We're going to see what's her destiny in future plans of Nadeshiko Japan...

Well, if you're an US fan, you should probably remember her better as Yuki Ogimi (her married name, that she used since 2012; she reverted to her maiden name of Nagasato in 2016 when she divorced). She scored more than once vs USWNT, most recently in the final of WWC 2015 and in the friendly match on 2nd of june of 2016 that ended in a 3-3 draw.

Past achievements (abridged version):
    - with NT: World Champion in 2011, Silver medalist in 2012, Asian Champion in 2014; second only to Homare Sawa in total number of goals scored with Nadeshiko Japan;
    - with clubs: Japanese League (thrice), Frauen-Bundesliga (twice), top-scorer of Frauen-Bundesliga in 2013 with 18 goals, won UEFA Women's Champions' League in 2010.

So, to make things short, a world-class player and one of the big names of women's soccer in the last decade.

Is she past the peak of her career? Probably. She was at her best in the 2010 to 2015 seasons, I guess. Now, although she's just 29 she looks less brilliant than in previous years. Could it also be that the last club where she played wasn't the best for her? Should she move from a central-striker position to a midfield one? We actually can't say, because she didn't play in NT in the last months and she didn't find too much playing time in her club in Germany either.

The NWSL experience could be the kind of challenge she needs at this point in her career.

Also, with 4 Japanese players in it, NWSL has never been as much interesting! :geek:

8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I can't help wondering if Yuki in USA couldn't be a reason enough for mumf to come back here, at least just to say "hi".

9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    On the other hand, with Iwabuchi and Ando coming back to Japan and Nagasato transferring to NWSL, Frauen-Bundesliga has never been so much unexciting for us. :coffee:

At least, Yokoyama is coming, but I do wonder if she didn't choose a bad moment for playing in 1.FFC Frankfurt... :unsure:

datschge repped this.
  11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #1336 blissett, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
    Norwegian League update :geek::

Last saturday, Ryoko Takara scored for the first time in Toppserien with her new team, LSK-Kvinner. The match ended 3-0 and she had one goal and two assists in that game! :eek: I guess it's quite normal that everyone loves her, up there, after such a performance, but you're going to notice in video-highlights how much huggable she seems to be at her team-mates' eyes. :laugh:
    Talking about video-highlights, here they are (these indoor matches always look quite odd to me, but I can understand in Norway it can be necessary):

Takara's team is currently third-placed after 6 matchdays. If you want to know everything and more about Norwegian League, don't forget to follow @Bauser and his excellent The Norway Thread: you couldn't find any better source anywhere for this league. Ever. :cool:

datschge, dakota701, unepomme and 4 others repped this.
  12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    News about Yuki's transfer also appear on NWSL website, as rightfully should for such a big signing.

13. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Quite impressive.
    Come to think of that, she is superb in offence, but awful in defence.
    The team seems to know her features very well.

blissett repped this.
  14. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Her comment:
    I felt the difference of their power and pace from today's match.
    I started the game considering the reaction when they kick long balls toward the back of our DF line. I did well in the first half, but had some problems when they pushed forward in the second half.
    We won, but our future problems are how to finish the game and how to reorganize the team when it didn't keep the good shape.

15. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Now is her comment about how to "finish the game" a reference to the usual Nadeshiko issue (difficulty to score) or something else? If it is scoring than I am wondering why they can't get that under control. That has been a problem for a long time now...

16. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I think that when the team is winning how they keep the lead calmly, not in panic even if the opponent is strengthening their attack.

dakota701, blissett and #5nadeshikofan repped this.
  17. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Thank you. That helps. :)

18. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Besides the remarkable accomplishments on the field, my impression of her character is that of an egocentric (of some sorts). Very self-centered with a strong focus on her own accomplishments with the need to always be where she can win just another title. Which, I think, shows in her frequent changes of teams and her current choice. Chicago is second, the leagues lead, North Carolina Courage just signed Kawamura. So she missed that opportunity. Seattle already has Utsugi and Kawasumi and was out of question. Sounds cynical, I know.
    She also does not seem to have a high regard of the Japanese tradition of mentoring (senpai / kohai relationship).
    And - at last - she is very good at self promotion.

19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Here we're still talking about the second game, aren't we? What about yesterday's one? Does anyone know at least the result? :cautious:

20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, it's in fact a shame that we only get actions at ground level but this channel is otherwise excellent and let us follow JEF in a way that would be impossible with this year's scarce league coverage.
    And it let us follow not only game-play but also JEF's beauty queens, isn't it, KAPIJXM? :laugh:

That was exactly what I was trying to remember the other day, when I was recalling all of the Dream-Ears and River-Dances of this world, but I couldn't remember this one, although I knew I was missing it! "Green Abalone Scraper", lol! :ROFLMAO:

Also, the collection of cards team-mates made for Isokane's 100th game in Nadeshiko League is awesome, and we get to see a wonderful close-up of tthese, with all of their moving parts! :D

One of the two little girls giving flowers to Midori doesn't look like she could be a Wakabayashi's little sister? :laugh:

You want to know what's the part I liked best of this video? It's at about 4'55", when JEF supporters chant out loud "Nojima Stella!" and Nojima's fans respond with "JEF Chiba!".
    I guess this display of sportsmanship is quintessential Japanese and makes me proud of following Nadeshiko League! :ninja::notworthy::)

21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #1346 blissett, May 25, 2017
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
    Talking about Kawamura, North Carolina Courage just won a stray mid-week match yesterday, by 2-0 vs Sky Blue FC, thus consolidating their leadership.
    Highlights:
    https://www.nwslsoccer.com/videos/18045184

HS10Legend and unepomme repped this.
  22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    KAPIJXM and unepomme repped this.
  23. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Japan U19 2-2 US U19

Lechus7, dakota701, blissett and 4 others repped this.
  24. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Inac TV

datschge and blissett repped this.
  25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Did I see a Kumamon in an INAC jersey at 1'45"? :geek: Did I hear the words "official sponsor"? :geek:

Well, at the time I had said that Iga's first goal in that match vs INAC was awesome, but INAC's one isn't less beautiful, now that I can see well the full action leading to it! :eek:

INAC's youngsters' silliness at the end of the video is quite refreshing. :giggle:
    Now, why Asuna wears T-shirts with text in Italian? :cautious: